Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy IQ of a pebble.

Even when he did get the ball, it was the same old wind up and kick the ball as high as he can and as long as he can, always thinking he’s Daniel Rich.

That high 50m shit kick to Larkey on his head in the pocket 🤦‍♂️

Luke probably though it was great though.

Incapable of lowering his eyes anywhere within 100m of our goals.

The ball clean bowling him and then the missed tackle for JUH’s goal was weak as piss in every way.

Simply can’t be Captain next year. He should be playing VFL next week.

Footy IQ of a pebble.

Even when he did get the ball, it was the same old wind up and kick the ball as high as he can and as long as he can, always thinking he’s Daniel Rich.

That high 50m shit kick to Larkey on his head in the pocket 🤦‍♂️

Luke probably though it was great though.

Incapable of lowering his eyes anywhere within 100m of our goals.

The ball clean bowling him and then the missed tackle for JUH’s goal was weak as piss in every way.

Simply can’t be Captain next year. He should be playing VFL next week.
Watched him closely from the wing. He gets lost in transition so often. He seems to have no idea which is terrifying. And he is no way athletic enough to recover. He needs to sit behind the ball 100% of the time if he plays. Which he will. Thats how he had the “good” year. Cannot be allowed to receive kick ins or creep forward. Ever.
There were lots of chips into corridor around 50 where he should be as an experienced mid defender. He was often on the wing. Ball flying over his head a lot. I think its partly becaise he is creeping up for a receive which is unforgivable and thats no way being coached. Stay home and defend…. Ffs.

If he stays in his lane and doesn't screw up a winnable game, I'll take it.
1 tackle. 45 fantasy points. Most of his possessions were crabbing back and forth with corr or dumb calls running past a stationary player on the mark. He should have had 15 AF points. He plays the easiest gig in the afl. Mid sized defender. Easy to rack up touches. He cant even do that. 2 more years and keeping good kids in vfl. Something has to give here.
Cleanbowling and missed tackles not recorded but seen by all.
I rate pink, greenwood etc higher. They do what they are told and at least try to change based on what we need. Thats the problem with lmac - he appears not to follow any team rules that we can see or stick to the roles for his position or learn. And does the same dumb s:;;t over and over. As captain, he should show others and make no mistakes. Doesn't have to dominate but needs to set some sort of standard. What is it??

Hi Al
I presume you don't read bigfooty but in the off chance you do I have a suggestion I believe has some merit.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Drop LMac for the last 3 games & replace him with Hardeman.

1. hopefully this puts a rocket up LMac & drives him to have a massive off season & present at day 1 of pre season the fittest he's ever been.

2. Gives Hardeman another taste of the big time & gives him more inspiration to go away & get another off season of strength & fitness into himself.

There will be multiple spots up for grabs his off season & the heat will be on the incumbents to hold on to their place in the team. This will be just 1 of them I'm sure.

The team that played yesterday had no McKercher, Hardeman, Goater, Dawson, (even add in Logue),Duursma plus the addition of another assumed top 3 pick & hopefully the heat will come on these senior players who I believe have been gifted games for too long.

My hope is that the new breed will be the ones who start driving the standards & push these older guys to keep up or be prepared to kick off the dew in the curtain raiser.

1 tackle. 45 fantasy points. Most of his possessions were crabbing back and forth with corr or dumb calls running past a stationary player on the mark. He should have had 15 AF points. He plays the easiest gig in the afl. Mid sized defender. Easy to rack up touches. He cant even do that. 2 more years and keeping good kids in vfl. Something has to give here.
Cleanbowling and missed tackles not recorded but seen by all.
I rate pink, greenwood etc higher. They do what they are told and at least try to change based on what we need. Thats the problem with lmac - he appears not to follow any team rules that we can see or stick to the roles for his position or learn. And does the same dumb s:;;t over and over. As captain, he should show others and make no mistakes. Doesn't have to dominate but needs to set some sort of standard. What is it??

I don't like feeling resentful of him for his undroppable status, but it really is just an unacceptable performance for a captain. It's cancerous that others are looking up to him and these are his efforts. Look at Archer in game fifteen; we'd be much better served in the long run by getting some games into Hardeman this year. We need to find a way to get Logue back in soon too.

Corr, Comben, K. Dawson and Archer are all ahead of Lmac. Logue will be fit again in time. Goater will eventually return. Why does it feel like everyone else has to play like superstars just to keep their spot? Old mate will play out this year, but the off-season going into 2025 needs to be the time that serious questions are raised about what it is that he brings to the team.

Hi Al
I presume you don't read bigfooty but in the off chance you do I have a suggestion I believe has some merit.

1. hopefully this puts a rocket up LMac & drives him to have a massive off season & present at day 1 of pre season the fittest he's ever been.

2. Gives Hardeman another taste of the big time & gives him more inspiration to go away & get another off season of strength & fitness into himself.

There will be multiple spots up for grabs his off season & the heat will be on the incumbents to hold on to their place in the team. This will be just 1 of them I'm sure.

The team that played yesterday had no McKercher, Hardeman, Goater, Dawson, (even add in Logue),Duursma plus the addition of another assumed top 3 pick & hopefully the heat will come on these senior players who I believe have been gifted games for too long.

My hope is that the new breed will be the ones who start driving the standards & push these older guys to keep up or be prepared to kick off the dew in the curtain raiser.
Love the post above, #1 needs to include his Footy IQ being lifted by 100%. If that involves studying hundreds of hours of game tape, hypnosis or meditating under a pyramid then so be it. Not a stretch to say he wouldn’t be in the top 15 of the Syd Barker at this stage, unless Daddy is slipping a few votes in the background. As an ex-winner of a Syd, he just needs to do better.

I don't like feeling resentful of him for his undroppable status, but it really is just an unacceptable performance for a captain. It's cancerous that others are looking up to him and these are his efforts. Look at Archer in game fifteen; we'd be much better served in the long run by getting some games into Hardeman this year. We need to find a way to get Logue back in soon too.

Corr, Comben, K. Dawson and Archer are all ahead of Lmac. Logue will be fit again in time. Goater will eventually return. Why does it feel like everyone else has to play like superstars just to keep their spot? Old mate will play out this year, but the off-season going into 2025 needs to be the time that serious questions are raised about what it is that he brings to the team.

Because he provides “leadership”.

It’s certainly not on the field, so it must be a ripping table tennis tournament he organises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The **** did this guy ever catch Cyril
Smashed his hamstring doing it.

Then Tipungwuti broke his leg.

the thing that I really don’t understand is why he’s still captain.

Has reduced our flexibility because we won’t drop him while he is one.

Cannot be captain next year. His contract length is also a joke.

Smashed his hamstring doing it.

Then Tipungwuti broke his leg.

the thing that I really don’t understand is why he’s still captain.

Has reduced our flexibility because we won’t drop him while he is one.

Cannot be captain next year. His contract length is also a joke.
I dont necessarily subscribe to the captaincy making him infallible, just havnt had the suiters all available at the same time.

Needs to go.
Walk himself out of the team if he’s a true Shinboner & knows what’s best for the team & our future. Just not up to it . Offers nothing & should realise others have overtaken him .
Sad but that’s reality. If Clarko is serious about this team & rebuilding. Luke needs to give up the captaincy & Clarko needs to drop him.
He is now 200% the weakest link .
I think he’s only 5-6 games shy of 200 games. Best case scenario is, he gets his 200 and plays out the rest of his career in the VFL and worst case scenario plays if we’re injury riddled and hopefully we’ll play 1 short.
If he’s fair dinkum, he should realise 200 games is way over the odds for him and fall on his sword.

Hi Al

Your idea is good only 2 problems with your good idea
1 McDonald is not going to get dropped
and
2 As long as players get to vote for the captain McDonald will be their man.
I thought the NMFC were starting to play better when McDonald wasn’t there last year.
At least we were trying to get something going and with that Hardeham deserves a shot with Archer about %90 right to hold his position Comben a lock at CHB Logue FB then we have either Corr,Dawson or Pink as 3rd tall then need either Fisher to step up as a back flanker more with Goater right to go hopefully by Round 1.
Then got to look at Tucker I’m hoping he can be turned into a 2nd tagger holing on the resting on baller and hoping to find another Sheezel type to run off half back.

How many blokes across the competition do we know who have walked away from a contract? How many years does he have left?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
20 ****ing 26.

I just can’t.

It would be shocking if Clarko actually drops him. Sends a strong message, as he is a protected species
I was looking at the ToG% for the match and Luke was only on the ground for 74% of the match, that is atrocious for a 30 year old back pocket captain. Hopefully he finally gets dropped when Logue is ready

I suppose the nuffies agenda, as limited and idiotic as it tends to be, seems to include focusing continued hatred on one player for reasons that are exaggerated.

Dont listen to the dribblers, Luke.

God help Darcy Tucker if Luke was to give it away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back