News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

How does Dunn serve his suspension with no VFL footy?

Also not surprised Collingwood players find themselves suspended for this.

We name him so he can be suspended, silly.

Gambling and COVID-19 Breaches. Does the Club have any form of Cultural and Welfare Training to prevent these breaches?

But, but, but the Nathan Buckley Cultural Revolution was supposed to eradicate once and for all nasty old Mick's piss poor culture and establish a new world order of ultra-professional sportsmen who helped blind, one-legged lesbians in Northcote cross the road.

You mean all this pain was for nothing?

The bad: slow clap for Sidey
Seriously, you want to know why rules are important? Look at our infection figures. Ever action is important. Side-by-side includes us and our community.

the good: it has to be seen as an opportunity for others - Treloar / Rantall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand the boys getting around Howey but there's got to be a smarter way to go about it.

Sidey owes us for this and his inability to shake a tag.

Use Zoom or something Simmlar.

IF Cases where still low might been something Late

Meh. The struggle to contain it as a State seems more important than football and the whole season is just becoming a heavily compromised joke anyway.

This club's footballers continue to find astonishingly unique and imaginative ways to stuff up and leave our team missing its best players when they are most needed. It is infuriating. This has been a recurring theme for years. Perhaps I am blinkered and other club's have exactly the same issues but I can't bring too many to mind.

I was watching Jonathan Marsh sing the Saints song with joy and gusto after their win on the weekend and I felt happy for him. But there was another voice asking why he was so chuffed to be playing football in a saint's guernsey and why he was so depressed and mentally drained at Collingwood. Dayne Beams played some of the best footy of his career in his four years at Brisbane as well as lead the young club. He finished in the top six in the Brownlow the very season before we got him back and everything disintegrated from that point on. Fasolo confessed to regularly weeping in his car before training sessions. Treloar has ongoing mental demons which he courageously revealed in the documentary and he too broke down at training and had to hide his tears. I think we are all aware that is something that a person cannot simply "get over". We now discover that Lumumba was apparently enduring a racist hellhole for most of his time at Collingwood and we tragically lost a club legend to the evils of drink driving which devastated the club and took a long time for the team to be able to play with the passion and ferocity which had once been a hall mark of our team.

The club's horrendous history of long term injuries to key players for many years has been well documented (by me and others) on this forum and that is enormously costly and frustrating, but this added "extra" we have had with players constantly being embroiled in extra curricula activities which end up hurting the club is sadly almost as farcical. Just off the top of my head we have had Stevo missing the second half of last season due to gambling, Heath Shaw and Didak missing weeks after the car crash and subsequent lies, DeGoey breaking his hand in a fight, Clokey and Swan got caught up in the nudie photo scandal but that didn't cost us game time from either player. I have a vague recollection that Swanny missed some games as a punishment under Bucks too.

I confess to being Collingwood centric but these issues do seem to be quite common in our neck of the woods.

There is probably more pressure playing for the Pies. Every week gets built up as a blockbuster, the fan base has great expectations etc. Marsh is probably happy because he is getting a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back