Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be a bit of poor form , may have a small injury too. But I think we are trying to bring him further up the ground a bit during games so we are not so reliant on him to kick our goals. Over time this will help us .

Yeh not sure filling in for Tony Jones and having a good old laugh for 120 mins is wise, considering he’s been invisible this year outside of 5 quarters of footy.

Ask Dennis.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dennis was a god no doubt, and I’ll forever grateful for what he did, and his advice around staying away from the media, well the proof is in the pudding.

But if the club had its time again (apart from changing many list decisions in the last 20 years), would it of chucked likeable players in front of cameras or journalists during a stretch where we were at our most marketable. David King is bloody everywhere now, but hardly said boo when he played.

Now I don’t watch crap like Sunday footy show, but I know young kids froth on it and shows like it. Just like we all did when we were young. So to get one of our most recognisable and best players in front of young impressionable eyes (with mates at school saying “why would you go for North, they’re sh*t”), seems a big win.

Dennis was a god no doubt, and I’ll forever grateful for what he did, and his advice around staying away from the media, well the proof is in the pudding.

But if the club had its time again (apart from changing many list decisions in the last 20 years), would it of chucked likeable players in front of cameras or journalists during a stretch where we were at our most marketable. David King is bloody everywhere now, but hardly said boo when he played.

Now I don’t watch crap like Sunday footy show, but I know young kids froth on it and shows like it. Just like we all did when we were young. So to get one of our most recognisable and best players in front of young impressionable eyes (with mates at school saying “why would you go for North, they’re sh*t”), seems a big win.
I think it's just because he hasn't kicked a goal in two weeks. Pretty easy for anyone in the media to take a potshot about priorities - it's not hard to see someone saying something like "spend more time working out how to take a contested mark and less time working on your impressions".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sheezel is the face going forward, solid citizen, well spoken and can play,

I think it's just because he hasn't kicked a goal in two weeks. Pretty easy for anyone in the media to take a potshot about priorities - it's not hard to see someone saying something like "spend more time working out how to take a contested mark and less time working on your impressions".

Yeah right. I agree on the potshots call. But the media actually like Larkey. They are amazed at his output given the garbage around him.

The ones that would take the potshots are on this forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back