Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not sure about Webster. Started off the year injured then suspended, then spent most of the year in the Dev squad. He'll need to start playing in the seniors regularly before he's even considered for a game, but too early to write him off yet of course.

Cheers. He has had a couple of years in a row of pretty serious injuries. Sounds like he has some work ahead of him. He could certainly play as a junior, so hopefully he can start to fulfill that potential next year.

Fair call but if you don't sign Mitch Brown or another quality KPD prospect, the one glaring requirement for your structure, then surely it has been a fail for the picks you have traded away for the other two?

I think we needed a second ruckman just as badly as the KPD. Especially one who is handy in the ruck (no offence the McEvoy, who provides a lot around the ground)

Jack Rush QC, Danni Rush, Paul Kirk and Russell Caplan are four new directors at Saints

West Coast want two of the four directors included in the Brown deal.

Fair call but if you don't sign Mitch Brown or another quality KPD prospect, the one glaring requirement for your structure, then surely it has been a fail for the picks you have traded away for the other two?

I'd argue the Tom Hickey and pick 26 trade for a 28 year old Goddard is a win for us given our list circumstances.

I'd also argue that Tom Lee and pick 25 has a very good chance of being a win for us more so than the player we could have selected at pick 13.

Obviously we won't be able to judge these trades for a few years.

I agree we need a key back and it is our number one priority however we are doing the best we can. There's not really any decent player available at that 195cm and 95kg mark we are after. Chaplin would've been nice however cos he was a FA and we wanted to keep our BJ compo we didn't go near him.

Overall I think St Kilda have been judged way too harshly and I'm trying to have an impartial opinion.

Jones is of little value to either club and is a face savig exercise if true.

Change pick 25 to 41 and give them Jones please!

Can anyone give me an update on Jimmy Webster? I know he has had an injury interrupted year, but how is he traveling at the club? Would he be on the cards for some games next year?

I will go out on a limb and say that he will end up like Nicky Dal (massive call that could make or break me!). Beautiful kick - just injury setbacks ended his season. He has a bit more bite than Dal although less vision. I like the kid.

CJ isn't going to play much next year anyway..

Agree - he fitted more of Lyon's game than Watters. CJ will be good for WCE in the chad fletcher mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we may be able to sneak this deal across the line if we throw our 66 premiership in as well
Why stop there! We have some pre-season premierships we can chuck in as a sweetner (although i'll be wanting a late pick back - to make it fair, you know)

Its been blown out of proportion a bit though. Its really only the real monster forwards ( and forward/rucks ) that troubled us, though we did struggle a bit when Fisher was injured. But ( for example ) we were pretty competative against your lot.

Koschitski is worse every season and Riewoldt's knee is troubling ( Lee ).
We played without a ruckman for multiple games last season ( Hickey )
Hardly a massive fail. Do you consider that Wellingham for pick 17 is a "massive win"? ( Collingwood do ).

Failing a trade for Brown is not related to the other two trades.

seriously, if we give up Cripps + 25 + an arm or leg or whatever else is in the deal, Brown better turn out to be the next Stephen Silvagni

Relax... SOS would have been a top 10 pick trade. We are giving quantity, but not losing critical skills.

Cheers. He has had a couple of years in a row of pretty serious injuries. Sounds like he has some work ahead of him. He could certainly play as a junior, so hopefully he can start to fulfill that potential next year.
Yeah I like the look of him and we could certainitly use his type going forward because we don't have many outside mids coming through. He did force his way into the senior side at one point so hopefully he's a regular in there next year. Seeing Crocker get the chop after spending most of his time in the Dev squad should be a nice little wake up call. :thumbsu:

Matt Windley@MattyHeraldSun
twitter_bird.png
Liam Pickering, manager of Mitch Brown, walks in to #AFLtrades house. Any chance of late deal to Saints? Thought he'd be here earlier if so

If we dont land Mitch Brown then some serious questions need to be asked as to why we had no Plan B and put all eggs in one basket.

I suspect we have a plan 'B' however it's not related to trade week. I don't think there is anyone else capable and available that we could have targeted. Gilham, Post, Bower and a few others I can't think of are the other realistic options we could have looked at. Plan 'B' will be acquiring a state level player IMO.

How much pressure is going to be on the bloke, he wouldnt want to concede bag in his first game otherwise it will turn nastier then Zac Dawson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back