Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how he reckons the Lee trade was good, but the Hickey deal was a loss. They're the exact same trade. Oh besides the fact Hickey has performed at AFL level and shown signs he's a player.

Keep in mind he still thinks Richard Tambling was worth selecting before that hack Lance Franklin :rolleyes:

Strong rumour on WCE board that Brown is a done deal, including ESS and Hooker in the trade. It's a bit convoluted (the OP keeps correcting himself) but I think it's something along these lines:

ESS
Gain: Pick 25
Lose: Hooker

STK
Gain: Brown & picks 41 & 44
Lose: Cripps & pick 25

WCE
Gain: Hooker & Cripps
Lose: Brown, picks 41 & 44

That would give us picks 26, 41, 44, 46 & 47 in the draft and gained Lee, Hickey and Brown during trade period. Loss of BJ and Cripps as well, obviously.

Why would anyone be seriously worried if we don't get a KPD this trade? It was only Chaplin who was truly available - we try for Brown but we can't force them.

We're in rebuild. And while Lee and Hickey could make us somewhat interesting next season, I';m not sure we're truly a challenger. Would Brown be enough to make us a top 4 and GF threat? If the answer is yes - sell the farm.

Looks like the answer is no and we need to keep an eye on the future. Selling the farm now to get Brown and for it to not work would absolutely destroy our future. Have a crack at Brown, if no dice, we move on. Draft a kid, or target one later.

The conniptions being had by the media and us not "having a plan B" is hilarious. WHO THE FECK IS THE NEXT ONE AVAILABLE? There isn't a plethora of good key backs available that we are just ignoring.

If Wallace says we've put our eggs in the brown basket one more time, I'm going to lose it.

I don't see how he reckons the Lee trade was good, but the Hickey deal was a loss. They're the exact same trade. Oh besides the fact Hickey has performed at AFL level and shown signs he's a player.

How does he rate West Coast coughing up for Wellingham?

Worst recruiting ever.... TAMBLING BY WALLACE. Best trade ever, Tambling after Wallace was gone.

Strong rumour on WCE board that Brown is a done deal, including ESS and Hooker in the trade. It's a bit convoluted (the OP keeps correcting himself) but I think it's something along these lines:

ESS

STK

WCE

That would give us picks 26, 41, 44, 46 & 47 in the draft and gained Lee, Hickey and Brown during trade period. Loss of BJ as well, obviously.

Can't see how we get 41 and 44 out of that. Dons win, we win and Eagles lose out there. Can't see that happening. THey're traing Brown and 44 for Hooker - highly unlikely. (They are happy with Cripps at 41)

IF the eagles kept 44, it would make more sense.

ESS

STK

WCE

That would give us picks 26, 41, 44, 46 & 47 in the draft and gained Lee, Hickey and Brown during trade period. Loss of BJ and Cripps as well, obviously.

I'd take that

Can't see how we get 41 and 44 out of that. Dons win, we win and Eagles lose out there. Can't see that happening. THey're traing Brown and 44 for Hooker - highly unlikely. (They are happy with Cripps at 41)

Perhaps WCE give only 41 or 44. Like a said the OP has corrected himself a few times, it's a tad confusing. I see your point. WCE get two players and lose one so you would think they would give only one pick not two/ Therefor it could be WCE get Hooker/Cripps and lose Brown/41 (or 44). Ends up being two ins and two outs. Edit: just like you said, missed it the first time.

IMO - Hooker and Cripps in exchange for Brown, 41 and 44 is fair for WCE. Essendon is the winner - Hooker is not worth pick 25. Basically St Kilda is paying overs to get the deal done. Essendon has screwed us again!!

ESS

STK

WCE

Pick 25 for Hooker? Essendon will be laughing! Major winners out of that trade

Why would anyone be seriously worried if we don't get a KPD this trade? It was only Chaplin who was truly available - we try for Brown but we can't force them.

We're in rebuild. And while Lee and Hickey could make us somewhat interesting next season, I';m not sure we're truly a challenger. Would Brown be enough to make us a top 4 and GF threat? If the answer is yes - sell the farm.

Looks like the answer is no and we need to keep an eye on the future. Selling the farm now to get Brown and for it to not work would absolutely destroy our future. Have a crack at Brown, if no dice, we move on. Draft a kid, or target one later.

The conniptions being had by the media and us not "having a plan B" is hilarious. WHO THE FECK IS THE NEXT ONE AVAILABLE? There isn't a plethora of good key backs available that we are just ignoring.

If Wallace says we've put our eggs in the brown basket one more time, I'm going to lose it.

Disagree with our chances for next season, but I agree with the rest.
I'd really really like a $15000 dollar car that is better than a Lambourghini, but that doesn't make it possible.

Its not like our team have no-one to stand up the back of the paddock. We are only interested in a full back if they can do the job better than all of Fisher, Simpkin, Gwilt, Blake and Gilbert. Quite frankly some of the names being tossed our way simply wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO - Hooker and Cripps in exchange for Brown, 41 and 44 is fair for WCE. Essendon is the winner - Hooker is not worth pick 25. Basically St Kilda is paying overs to get the deal done. Essendon has screwed us again!!
I think 41 and 44 is a bit much, that leaves them with no picks for a while. But I digress.

Essendon a CLEAR winner out of that. That club makes me so ****ing angry. What more would they want for that spud? They are just a bunch of tight asses who want everything for nothing and think every player is an A grader. I loathe them more than any other club.

Disagree with our chances for next season, but I agree with the rest.
I'd really really like a $15000 dollar car that is better than a Lambourghini, but that doesn't make it possible.

Its not like our team have no-one to stand up the back of the paddock. We are only interested in a full back if they can do the job better than all of Fisher, Simpkin, Gwilt, Blake and Gilbert. Quite frankly some of the names being tossed our way simply wouldn't.
A lot needs to go right for 2013 to be a serious thread

Roo: needs to stay fit and have a throwback year
Lenny: we need more of the same
Montagna: throwback
Dal: Same
Armo has to step up
Lee has to have an impact as does hickey.

And we can't afford injuries (i know that goes for most, but us more than others)

It's not impossible - but bringing in Lee and Hickey to pair with Macca and Stanley basically covers us for heights in the future post Roo/Kosi etc.

This assessment of club's trading, defined as A+ to D- is painful, dreadful radio. How is it I feel car sick now?

I want to know how you can rate clubs trading before the period has even finished! Everyone knows about 15 trades will drop in last 90mins!

This assessment of club's trading, defined as A+ to D- is painful, dreadful radio. How is it I feel car sick now?
How bad is it?!

We're going to get a C-. LOL. Yep, it's our fault we aren't paying 800k for BJ.

No wonder that ****head has been sacked from every club he's been to

- Ranking low due to no KPD
- Lost BJ (out of out control, but still blaming us LOL)
- Likes Lee. Rated him as a pick 12 if he was in the draft
- Doesn't like Hickey deal. Long way to go (DUHHHH ****WIT).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back