List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think almost every Victorian club besides maybe Geelong, Hawthorn and Richmond could find both cap space and compensation for GWS in regards to obtaining Kelly.

Why the Demons are not into him I'll have no idea, especially when they were really considering taking him in the mini-draft. If Hogan is thinking about leaving, then they should be looking at a 3 way swap with Fremantle and their first round pick. He would compliment there midfield perfectly.

Surely the cap space varies with each club, and one must have more than all of the others.
Therefore if he goes to the highest bidder, they simply cannot all find cap space.

Surely the cap space varies with each club, and one must have more than all of the others.
Therefore if he goes to the highest bidder, they simply cannot all find cap space.
You realize trading players opens up cap space, right?

WB and Dees might be close to paying the full 100% right now, but trade out someone like Stringer or Hogan and suddenly that opens it up massively.

Richmond are the only Victorian based club that I can see that would really find it hard to fit Kellys salary demands having just signed Martin as well as having others like Rance, Cotchin, Prestia and Riewoldt on big coin.

You realize trading players opens up cap space, right?

WB and Dees might be close to paying the full 100% right now, but trade out someone like Stringer or Hogan and suddenly that opens it up massively.

Richmond are the only Victorian based club that I can see that would really find it hard to fit Kellys salary demands having just signed Martin as well as having others like Rance, Cotchin, Prestia and Riewoldt on big coin.

Saints without Dempster, Reiwoldt , and Montagna have dumped more Salary than Stringer or Hogan. Starting from a low base.

Saints without Dempster, Reiwoldt , and Montagna have dumped more Salary than Stringer or Hogan. Starting from a low base.
I'm not saying we don't have the largest available salary, I'm just saying pretty much every Vic club could certainly find space for Kelly if they wanted him.

I reckon the Dees would have a fair bit of cap space already filled up. They have reconstructed a few players and bought in mature talent. Kelly's wage is going to be huge and with a club like them they will need to keep guys like Clayton Oliver who are going to have plenty of clubs coming at him with huge offers. We are blessed with a pile of good solid citizens but not many at this stage are on the top of poaching lists. Only Billings and Gresh would be in the dream lists for other teams and only Bllings already close to elite so far.

jack higgins should go top 5 absolute stud
He will need to adjust his kicking style. Those chip kicks he loves doing won't cut it against the bigger AFL bodies closing at greater speed. He is talented though , and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him go top 5 , and he would suit a club like Carlton who have tall midfielders like Curnow and Cripps

If we end up with one of our picks left over I hope we get Stephenson. Tall, great mark, and can run like the wind. He's not a bad shot for goal either. Played mostly forward in his juniors but absolutely dominated the game against S.A. on the wing. Bit of a wildcard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly can't see Josh Kelly leaving GWS for the Saints.

200.gif

Last edited:
I would take 7 to the draft, for the best kid left, and trade 8 with Brisbane for 14 and 18 or Richmond for 15 and 16. At 14 I would take best mid available, and 18 look for a defender, Naughton, Sam Taylor, Claverino. I would try and trade 43 and our 2 4th rounders for an upgrade to 43, and use it for a small forward.

Was hoping higgins would go under the radar a bit more and last to pick 7 or 8. Had to go out and win awards didn't he!

The sub 180cm player is in fashion again, plenty of them are being taken in the 1st round. Pick 1 2016 for example.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was hoping higgins would go under the radar a bit more and last to pick 7 or 8. Had to go out and win awards didn't he!

The sub 180cm player is in fashion again, plenty of them are being taken in the 1st round. Pick 1 2016 for example.

I think he'll be available at our pick. He's not really the type of mid we are chasing though imo, but might be worth taking just because he looks certain to be a good player.

I think he'll be available at our pick. He's not really the type of mid we are chasing though imo.
Im a bit bias to the shorter blokes but i reckon he could fit in well.

For the 1st couple of years he'd take lonies spot and by then Steven will be getting on, so a spot in the mid should open up.

Im a bit bias to the shorter blokes but i reckon he could fit in well.

For the 1st couple of years he'd take lonies spot and by then Steven will be getting on, so a spot in the mid should open up.

He's not quick tho, he's a good mid but pretty one paced so doesn't really suit our midfield. And he is projected to be a forward with stints in the middle anyway, as I've said a few times. He's a massive upgrade on Lonie but it's more a luxury instead of a need

BA has him pegged as a fwd first, mid second at afl level. Reckon he goes mid-late first round. Doesn't overly excite me tbh.
Gee he gets good midfield numbers for a guy he rates as a forward first. I think he'll be a forward to start with but he'll end up being a good midfielder. It's only his height that would have most worried I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back