Mod. Notice 2018 finals ticketing - update (10/9): semi-final member tix on sale now (AFL members tomorrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect if one goes down they both do.
I think last year's Tigers QF I was trying both and couldn't do anything until they fixed it at 9:30.

However I've always found the mobile site there is no waiting, whereas the desktop site you get put in a queue.

I'll be using the mobile site for the first time today. Will see how it goes!

Crashing already by the looks. Anyone else having trouble?

I was lucky enough to get through and get my tickets, but there's a lot of tweets critical of Ticketek on Twitter about their system.

I don't think it's helped by the fact that club members only get a four hour window to buy tickets. In 2016, for example, club members had 30 hours to buy tickets before they were released to the general public. So now if you're a club member, you have to log on ASAP and buy tickets before they're snapped up (especially to our qualifying final). Puts a lot of stress on Ticketek's infrastructure.

But on the other hand, with how cloud computing works, there really shouldn't be an excuse for Ticketek to not scale up their infrastructure in anticipation of high demand at finals times and then scale it down at other times of the year.

Was hoping to go with a Richmond-supporting mate, Ticketek refused to accept mixed membership barcodes when booking. Now the site has crashed, of course...

Got through on mobile site within a couple of mins.

At the payment it said it failed but my CC was charged and I got confirmation email with e-Tickets.

Once again mobile site is the way to go.

First week is normally the worst.

Can't be too crticial of Ticketek, not their fault there is more demand than supply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice 2018 finals ticketing - update (10/9): semi-final member tix on sale now (AFL members tomorrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back