• 34. Jack Graham

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 30. Reece Conca

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of momentum killers in the last when we were really pressing, Lambert drops an easy chest mark and Grigg clumsily tackled Mayne high. We were flying at that stage and it just finished us off.

We had to lose sooner or later, good on the guys to put up some fight after getting smacked in the first half, in the end I think expectation simply caught up to us.

Agree...we were on a roll...Lambo spilt mark was one but it was the 2 clangers from Grigg that did it

Stuffed a handball when we were out going into attack...then immediately after that tackled Mayne high

Last edited:
This time the extra week worked against us, Just didn't have the run in the first half, what was worse was we kicked behinds and they kicked the goals early...

Looking at the stats, 8 of bottom 10 players were Tigers and 8 out of 9 top players were Pies, Reiwoldt only Tiger. Rest of Tiger players were in the middle. Ie mediorce performance. Not switched on

Just sums it up really

Last year i thought to myself how terrible Adelaide must have felt

To dominate so much during the year to drop their bundle at the end.

Think I have a better understanding now. Hope we dont follow suit next year and miss out on finals altogether.

(No camps where they play the Collingwood theme song over and over.)

Look we lost it with our team work, we didn’t support each other like we normally do, we could not win the ball, we got smashed in the clearances.....how many times? Still happy overall with our team this year, was just one bad game and that is finals for you.

Well beaten all over the ground but especially in the middle when the game was on the line. Really our season has now mirrored Adelaide’s last year it guts me to say .. I expect us to bounce back however... fundamentals and culture so much better. Still very proud of our guys .. they were beaten by a good side having a great night .. sometimes things don’t go your way...

Outplayed, outworked. You know collingwoods on when Mason Cox is marking everything.

Surely Dusty had more than a cork, he struggled big time out there.

Tom Lynch will help next year, but the midfield needs some work can get smashed in contested possession and clearance like that.

Rance on De Goey - I get trying it, but to persist, is absolutely SPUD coaching.

Lack of 2nd tall finally hurt.

Jack - slow start, but boy showed why he is A grade.

Grimes - fast becoming my hero.

Vlas great 1st half.

Higgo will be good for a long time for us - he looked to be hurting more then most.

Cotch tried, but did look sooky a few times out there.

Pretty disappointing effort.

But Credit to the Pies, played us perfectly.

Well, that was genuinely disappointing.

I have thought that we've been a bit sluggish all year, to be honest, but tonight our first half was just an unexpected level of awful.

Take nothing away from the Pies, they played really well, but we should have done a heck of a lot better.

The one positive is the fact that we made a Prelim Final -- and that's more than 14 other teams managed to do. I think we should have done better, but I'm not letting it overshadow the fact that RFC is doing better now than we have for a very long time. I expect we'll be back in contention next year.

Now, come on the Dees!

I will give credit where it is due, and credit to collingwood for turning up and doing all the right things to beat us...

But they shouldn't get ahead of themselves. We know that premierships aren't won untill the last day of september.

As for us, we allowed them to play to their strengths, carried a couple of players that should not have been playing. (Astbury with the flu, although throwing him forward was worth a try). And dusty was heavily missed in the midfield. Grimes on de goey, another ruck, midfielder, and tom lynch in the forward line, and we would've been far more competitive. I feel very positive about 2019.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No pressure at all in the first half. Pies played out of their skin and just ran through our non-existent pressure. I still think we’re at our best when all three of Rioli, Castagna and Butler play.

Second half was better and actually resembled Richmond. Just one of those insane games like the Saints last year where eveything goes right for them. Credit to the Pies they played well.

Disappointing end to the year but a good season overall. I still think this list has another flag or two in them so hopefully they come out firing next year.

Also, I wonder if it’s still unfair that we’re getting Tom Lynch?

been a good year! Our system was found out in this game, the chinks in the armour will have to be fixed next year if we are to challenge again. Pies were better and Grundy / Cox combo really killed us. cox has been a ballsy gamble by the Pies, and it’s come off. Hopefully we get Lynch because Jack needs help, and Grigg’s days as an undersized ruck are surely over.

Beaten all over the ground by a team that struggled against Top 8 teams all season, on a ground we've been completely dominant at all season, Just got smashed and the game was done at half time. Very disappointing but it doesn't take away the fact it really has been a great season for us with a lot of positives to take out of it, onto 2019!

And for the record I hope this loss helps stops anyone saying we've won a game before it's been played. One game at a time.

Report button works,
Yeah, but comments will end up seeping through whether it is on this board or on the main board. Whenever we comment about something unrelated, someone may come along and remind us about our loss tonight. That is more what I am talking about rather than our loss tonight alone.

Well, that was genuinely disappointing.

I have thought that we've been a bit sluggish all year, to be honest, but tonight our first half was just an unexpected level of awful.

Take nothing away from the Pies, they played really well, but we should have done a heck of a lot better.

The one positive is the fact that we made a Prelim Final -- and that's more than 14 other teams managed to do. I think we should have done better, but I'm not letting it overshadow the fact that RFC is doing better now than we have for a very long time. I expect we'll be back in contention next year.

Now, come on the Dees!

Wash your mouth out

My gripe with the coaching staff, don’t put in players half baked. Grimes was too slow, Astbury should not have payed, better to play fresh players. Higgins was great.
Grimes was great, and we would been another 4 goals behind at half time if not for him and Vlastuin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back