List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the story with Brandon White ? I've followed the comments on here with interest all year. The guy could almost have his own thread given the support he gets in some quarters. I'm neutral on him so would be interested to hear some unbiased commentary.

He's shown ability but obviously was out of favour with Richo but Ratts wasn't in any hurry to bring him in either.

In a year when our backline was decimated (Roberton, Carlisle, Geary, Webster) it just seems strange he was constantly overlooked. Guys like Joyce and Marsh were given a run but not White.

Maybe those of you who get to the Sandy games might have a better insight. Any chance another club might pick him up ?

A friend of mine goes to all of Sandy’s home games. He said White seems to find the tactical side of the game hard. Really struggles to understand the instructions he’s getting on the bench. They have to explain everything to him a couple of times before he gets it.

Not sure if anyone else that goes has noticed that but that was his opinion on why he doesn’t get a game.

Long time lurker. 2nd time poster.

At same age Billings looks to have the better stats and he wasn't playing in a top 8 team.
This was when they where the same age.
Del Santo was a club champion , played 322 games , 3rd in the brownlow , 3× All-Australian team 2005, 2009, 2011

Let's see what happens when Billings starts playing in a top 8 team , I fully expect him to be a All Australian , he may never be as good as Del but at least he is heading in the right direction now.

I deleted the compare chart , the format never worked but at the same age Billings had the better year going by stats -

Dal Santo was dropped in Round 13 of the 2008 season due to lack of form
. The temporary demotion spurred Dal Santo on to a good finish to the season – picking up 530 possessions (including 335 kicks), 12 goals and 75 tackles. Although his form was down on that of previous seasons, he picked up Brownlow Medal votes in two games and also played a major part in St Kilda's semifinal victory over Collingwood, with 32 possessions, five tackles and one goal.
I stand conjectured

So I’ve pretty much gotten used to the fact that we won’t have Bruce or Steven next year.

Carlisle is the interesting one, not sure what to expect with him. I’m guessing he stays but I wouldn’t Be surprised if we lost him.

Last edited:
So I’ve pretty much gotten used to the fact that we won’t have Bruce or Steven next year.

Carlisle is the interesting one, not sure what to expect with him. I’m guessing he stays but I wouldn’t Ben surprised if we lost him.
I tend to agree. The problem with losing both those players is we still probably won’t get a late first rounder for either. Probably closer to 30 than 20 for Steven and maybe low 20’s for Bruce.

I tend to agree. The problem with losing both those players is we still probably won’t get a late first rounder for either. Probably closer to 30 than 20 for Steven and maybe low 20’s for Bruce.
Don't think Bruce will be let go unless we get a first for him. The only reason he's up is to get a good pick to use on another player.

What's the story with Brandon White ? I've followed the comments on here with interest all year. The guy could almost have his own thread given the support he gets in some quarters. I'm neutral on him so would be interested to hear some unbiased commentary.

He's shown ability but obviously was out of favour with Richo but Ratts wasn't in any hurry to bring him in either.

In a year when our backline was decimated (Roberton, Carlisle, Geary, Webster) it just seems strange he was constantly overlooked. Guys like Joyce and Marsh were given a run but not White.

Maybe those of you who get to the Sandy games might have a better insight. Any chance another club might pick him up ?

Waiting until after trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree with bruce,confident we will get doggies first with maybe something going back,only issue being what they pay for martin if he chooses them

Disagree with bruce,confident we will get doggies first with maybe something going back,only issue being what they pay for martin if he chooses them
Have to be a fair bit going back. Doubt he is worth pick 12 or even close to it. From what I’ve been reading and hearing it sounds more like a second rounder.

Have to be a fair bit going back. Doubt he is worth pick 12 or even close to it. From what I’ve been reading and hearing it sounds more like a second rounder.

They just got a brief look at what their team will be without a forward when Naughton went down ( much like us with Marshall.)
I know it’s not an acl after all but if they want the insurance player they’ll have to pay.

I don’t believe we’ll be rushing to offload him if Ben King isn’t coming so we can just say no if they offer something we don’t think is enough.

I did. Happy for it to still happen if he stays.

Prefer Bruce to Ross getting the gig.

I also prefer trading Ross before #27 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce is definitely not captain material.
Those infront of home would be

Steele
Ross
Dunstan
Billings
Hannebery
Bruce

No one wants king of the kids captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad