List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
*unless we can get enough assist to appease GC in the next 10 days.
Exactly.. He's 95% playing out his contract at GC next year, but.. If he tells them he wants out, this year or next and we find a suitable trade offer, its this year. The pressure won't be on him, Saints will cop the heat as we've pursued him for 12 months already..

Exactly.. He's 95% playing out his contract at GC next year, but.. If he tells them he wants out, this year or next and we find a suitable trade offer, its this year. The pressure won't be on him, Saints will cop the heat as we've pursued him for 12 months already..
And Gold Coast left the door slightly ajar last week for it to happen too. It will be an interesting last 24 hours of trade week if we can get that pick 13.

No and I don't think he will, there's no real reason to do so.

He and the club know where eachother are at.
Josh wants the bulldogs contract, and If the dogs satisfy us- we'll let him have it.

If not, he's a saint.

Hanners never asked to be traded, nor did mcevoy, the deal just got done.

Hanners and mcevoy were in the same boat as bruce is- happy to stay and happy to go.

The whole nominating clubs and requesting trades thing is only required when the player and their current club have differing desires.

What the dogs have done with Bruce is a lot like what we have done with Hill, its stupid and pathetic to promise the player something, then not offer the club anywhere near enough to get the deal done.
I still think that pick 6 is way over for Hill ( more than what we paid for Carlisle ) but if we get something decent back it could be ok.
A pick in the 30's for Bruce is just "tell em their dreamin "

And Gold Coast left the door slightly ajar last week for it to happen too. It will be an interesting last 24 hours of trade week if we can get that pick 13.

Personally i think you lot are dreaming, and will probably be acting surprised when we get to the end of trade period and there is no deal for Bing.

Personally i think you lot are dreaming, and will probably be acting surprised when we get to the end of trade period and there is no deal for Bing.

No one expects it to happen, but it’s pretty clear if there is enough currency to get it done this year, there will be an attempt.
If it doesn’t happen this year, no one will be surprised.
It’s probably not going to happen this year.

If someone wants an easy prediction to make so they feel good about getting something correct about this trade period, this is perfect for them.

The velvet sledgehammer recalling a few punches to the back of that big head of his
No doubt would have helped him get on the front foot!
The velvet dildo always advocates the Essendon view. As soon as it was obvious Zak Jones wanted to come to us, he immediately launched into a spiel detailing why Essendope would be a better destination and how we wouldn't be able to get a deal done. Typical Essendope flog.

What the dogs have done with Bruce is a lot like what we have done with Hill, its stupid and pathetic to promise the player something, then not offer the club anywhere near enough to get the deal done.
I still think that pick 6 is way over for Hill ( more than what we paid for Carlisle ) but if we get something decent back it could be ok.
A pick in the 30's for Bruce is just "tell em their dreamin "
Pick 6 isn't necessarily way overs for hill when you consider if we took it to the draft it would be a lucky dip situation between a dozen players.

Pick 6 this year isn't worth the same as pick 6 was the year we got jake and gresh for 5.

Still I hope we get something back from freo but its no disaster if we dont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Harley lying through his teeth regarding meeting with Joe Daniher. I thought he had more integrity.

Dodoro sounded cranky about it on Trade Radio. Good luck Swans.

Dodoro said Bombers are sitting tight. It’s up to the Swans to propose something that will satisfy Essendon. Sounded like they will demand a King’s ransom.

Any "locks" locked yet?

PS - If we don't trade Bruce, Steven and Newnes it looks like Hill and Pick 26 for Pick 6 and McKenzie.

Pick 26 for Zac Jones

Pick 58 for Ryder

Trade season finished

Go to the draft with Picks 75 and 78.

All that for 1,000+ posts and 55,000+ views of this thread

Any "locks" locked yet?

PS - If we don't trade Bruce, Steven and Newnes it looks like Hill and Pick 26 for Pick 6 and McKenzie.

Pick 26 for Zac Jones

Pick 58 for Ryder

Trade season finished

I think Freo will want 6 straight up. I'd be surprised if McKenzie were enough to get 26 back.

Any "locks" locked yet?

Pick 26 for Zac Jones

Pick 58 for Ryder

Trade season finished

Locks?

Bruce out.
Steven out.

Hill in.
Ryder in.
Jones in.
One more.

Media all over it this year. No major surprises.

But, someone mentioned to me a player with a double hyphen surname has been talked about by the Saints. Not sure how accurate it is though.

It's a real shame thus Steven deal will get dragged out.

I think we end up with 36, which would have been the perfect pick to throw into the Bruce deal to get 13.

Unfortunately I see the Dogs trading down before that to get a very early 2nd for Bruce.

Any "locks" locked yet?

Pick 26 for Zac Jones

Pick 58 for Ryder

Trade season finished

Would be a solid trade period. Very worth the discussion

Jack still has declared he wants to go to Geelong.

Lethlean says he thinks he's happily stay at the Saints if a deal can't get done.
I think the Jack to Geelong move is very much driven by Jack, and Geelong are happy to look at him, but don't rate him highly enough to put a lot of work into the deal. Could be Jack stays at the Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back