List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounded to me like Bing won't happen this year.

I don't know what was said, but if we came out too eager initially GC would smell our desperation and hold firm in demanding 2 firsts or something.

Our biggest negotiation asset over GC currently is their fear that he is 100% likely to request a trade while OOC next year and they just get ho-hum compensation.
(Think omeara where they had to settle for pick 10 and a future 2nd)

If we play it cool and are seemingly very happy to wait a year- their fear will grow even more and make them more keen to do a deal this year.

I think, the more we say we're happy to wait- the closer we get to landing bing this year.

Locks?

Bruce out.
Steven out.

Hill in.
Ryder in.
Jones in.
One more.

Media all over it this year. No major surprises.

But, someone mentioned to me a player with a double hyphen surname has been talked about by the Saints. Not sure how accurate it is though.

You must have missed that CEY is already at Brisbane

I think Freo will want 6 straight up. I'd be surprised if McKenzie were enough to get 26 back.

Nah - bang on the money - values Hill at 10 and McKenzie at 44.

But if not then that makes it even simpler.

Pick 58 for Ryder

Draft 6, 75 and 81.

And Gold Coast left the door slightly ajar last week for it to happen too. It will be an interesting last 24 hours of trade week if we can get that pick 13.

Or player(s) that Gold Coast may be interested in. Either would be an important part of a trade package we bundle up for Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what was said, but if we came out too eager initially GC would smell our desperation and hold firm in demanding 2 firsts or something.

Our biggest negotiation asset over GC currently is their fear that he is 100% likely to request a trade while OOC next year and they just get ho-hum compensation.
(Think omeara where they had to settle for pick 10 and a future 2nd)

If we play it cool and are seemingly very happy to wait a year- their fear will grow even more and make them more keen to do a deal this year.

I think, the more we say we're happy to wait- the closer we get to landing bing this year.
We need GC to land other deals to bring Bing forward 12 months. Pretty sure this was clear in the last 2 weeks on this board.

Interesting that Lethlean mentioned to trade Bruce we need a replacement or a fair trade.

Handled it well I thought. Made it clear that 32 (or whatever pick it is around that mark) wasn't close getting it done by itself; reiterated Brucey's worth to us as a player next year.

13 by itself isn't happening but it looks like a pick around ~21 with even ups is the ball park at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back