List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handled it well I thought. Made it clear that 32 (or whatever pick it is around that mark) wasn't close getting it done by itself; reiterated Brucey's worth to us as a player next year.

13 by itself isn't happening but it looks like a pick around ~21 with even ups is the ball park at the moment.

I think that’s right. Saints are holding their ground and I suspect the Bulldogs may have to bite the bullet.

Maybe we’ve told the Bulldogs that pick 13 must be part of this.

Pick 6 isn't necessarily way overs for hill when you consider if we took it to the draft it would be a lucky dip situation between a dozen players.

Pick 6 this year isn't worth the same as pick 6 was the year we got jake and gresh for 5.

Still I hope we get something back from freo but its no disaster if we dont.

I disagree.
The year we got Carlisle it was pretty flat up to 20. I'm not sure but this years seems to drop away after the top 15 or so.
Yes its a lucky dip, but there is a chance of a 10 year champion. Hill is also a lucky dip, he could play for 3 years or 7 until he's over the...hill ( oops ).
He might have just played his David Armitage 2015 season.

You could mount the same argument for 2 first round picks. ( we would get 2 lucky dips ).
I just don't think that Hill is worth that much compared to others that have traded at that level ( except for a few crazy ones like Weller ).

In the past seasons we have been on here discussing players like Fyfe and Kelly, and its kind of a letdown that we all go crazy over Hill.

It was interesting that Lethlean said “If the Cats can facilitate the right trade, then we’ll get that deal done if it’s good for everyone”. I like the sound of it. I’m not sure what it exactly means but it sounds like we won’t just roll over.

I liked how he put it, that they have to offer a deal that "reflects jacks importance to US "

Just an aside, but I thought Lethers made a good point when asked about trying to split Pick 6. We've drafted three first rounders in the last two years; so if we trade out of even the first two rounds this year it's not like we're burning our future by using Pick 6 for Hill.

Personally I think when it all shakes out we'll end up with a pick in the late 20s / early 30s but it seemed like players in is our priority, much more so than keeping some kind of hand in this draft.

The one stand out thing that came out of this mornings media is that Essendon still have their heads well and truly planted up their backsides. Complaining about another club talking to Daniher during the season is so hypercritical is ridiculous. Then they say he his staying and playing there next year which everyone knows is bullsyhte, and in the same breath trying to squeeze two 1st round picks - the same old ploys. Does that club know it is 2019 what a joke they are!

I hope they get absolutely r*ped by Sydney and Port!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still trying to work out how Daniher is worth 2 x top 10 picks while Bruce is worth pick 20 something.

Jake Stringer was in a better place than Joe Daniher and only went for picks 25+30.

If the Dons get even 1 top 10 pick they are laughing!

I'd turn gay for Dal Santo at the drop of a hat

I'll tell him to hold onto his hat tightly.

Hey Sam , Satan just told us they will not trade Steven unless they get an offer that reflects his value to StKilda...Do you think pick 50million is ok.
Yeah ...yeah that sounds about right.
Really?
Yep

Really braindead stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back