List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not sure why you want JHF .....I suspect you've been fooled by all the hype and "doctored" images .....it's not too late you know to change your mind

Jason prior to his name change
View attachment 1259260
AND I would still back him (the all time great in that photo) in a forward pocket to grab a goal or 2 a game at any level:cool:

Disagree. The reason North baulked at that offer was because we didn't have pick 2. If they give up Horne they must be guaranteed they get Callaghan at pick 2. There's no conversation until we have pick 2. I still think north are worried about the flight risk of Horne which is very real. Pick 2, 2022 1st and a player could get it done. Gws look like they are taking Mac Andrew which they could take at pick 4. They look like they are losing Bobby hill to Collingwood or Essendon. Offer 4,33 to gws for pick 2. They use 33 on wingard or breust to replace hill while they are in a premiership window. With pick 2 we either take Callaghan or try and get Horne with an offer to North.

Surely it's have to be pick 2 and future first and that's it.

Trading a player and a future top 4 pick to upgrade 1 pick is utterly absurd.

The difference between the player available at 1 and 2 isn't even large.

Re: Trading up

Pick 2 isn’t worth it. One of Callahan or Hobbs will be there at 4.

Pick 1 isn’t worth it. JHF is probably rated as high as he will ever be in trade value right now. No one is worth 3 first rounders, which when you consider what was rejected, makes it the minimum of what might be accepted. Chances are his trade value goes down from here. If he’s the real deal, North simply won’t trade him in contract and if he decides to leave out of contract, his value takes a hit even if he is that good.

All this talk of trading a future 1st for JHF which I would do most years but how could we possibly try to get Rankine, Lukosius and Hollands without a 1st round pick next year when they fall out of contract.
GC already has 6 picks inside pick 40 for 2022 in anticipation of the pillage that's about to happen.
They might as well take future picks

Apologies ....no Callaghan didn't play .....Goater played in the midfield too, very impressive

View attachment 1259236
I'm yet to watch the last quarter of that game, but Goater didn't really stand out to me tbh. Had a nice movement through traffic to get a shot on goal. Maybe his last quarter was dominant?

Hobbs was also a bit meh. Good, but is he what we're after? Hard to comment on one game though.

Andrew and Daicos were the most impressive and I liked Ward and Wilmot.

I think Daicos will be a star. KM even likes to talk him down a bit, but I reckon he has the smarts to go with his ball winning nous and work rate. More upside than Zach Merrett (who he compares him to).

Hobbs was also a bit meh. Good, but is he what we're after? Hard to comment on one game though
IMHO Hobbs is just more of what we have .....that's in no way saying he's a bad player

I preferred Ward after watching that game, and his 5km time trial is super impressive .....he's an accumulator, but again do we want yet another 181cm midfielder ?

The question is, does getting Dawson change our thinking on the midfield makeup now? ......Goater offer flexibility, but so does Erasmus as a Mid/Fwd at 188cm

But I'd love to get either Mac Andrew or Callaghan :heart:

RANKING POINTS

VIC METRO

159 Nick Daicos

139 Josh Ward

105 Mitch Owens

99 Josh Sinn

93 Cody Raak

90 Josh Goater

88 Darcy Wilmot

86 Corey Preston

81 Zac Taylor

79 Youseph Dib

73 Luke Cleary

71 Paul Curtis

71 Lachlan Rankin

70 Ben De Bolfo

70 Domenic Akuei

65 Sam Darcy

62 Blake Howes

57 Dante Visentini

54 Liam Podhajski

49 Karl Worner

47 Sam Clifford

44 Sam Paea

38 Marcus Windhager

VIC COUNTRY

124 Ben Hobbs

98 Mac Andrew

91 Josh Rachele

89 Toby Conway

85 Cooper Hamilton

78 Connor MacDonald

73 Mitch Knevitt

66 Josh Gibcus

61 Joshua Rentsch

61 Tom Brown

60 Sam Conforti

57 Charlie Molan

56 Noah Gadsby

53 Oscar Morrison

49 Miller Bergman

47 Judson Clarke

47 Jai Serong

43 Noah Gribble

38 Sam Breuer

35 Jamieson Ballantyne

35 Campbell Chesser

32 Hamish Sinnott

28 Justin Davies

13 Will Bravo

IMHO Hobbs is just more of what we have .....that's in no way saying he's a bad player

I preferred Ward after watching that game, and his 5km time trial is super impressive .....he's an accumulator, but again do we want yet another 181cm midfielder ?

The question is, does getting Dawson change our thinking on the midfield makeup now? ......Goater offer flexibility, but so does Erasmus as a Mid/Fwd at 188cm

But I'd love to get either Mac Andrew or Callaghan :heart:
I did see Goaters highlights and quite a few were from the game where I didn't notice him all that much :) Must not have recognised him if they weren't calling his name.

I did see Goaters highlights and quite a few were from the game where I didn't notice him all that much :) Must not have recognised him if they weren't calling his name.
Yes the commentators weren't great in that game, took me ages to work out player's numbers ...so then had to watch aa 2nd time

A lot of Goaters highlights were quick centre clearances, that if you blinked you missed them

RANKING POINTS

VIC METRO

159 Nick Daicos

139 Josh Ward

105 Mitch Owens

99 Josh Sinn

93 Cody Raak

90 Josh Goater

88 Darcy Wilmot

86 Corey Preston

81 Zac Taylor

79 Youseph Dib

73 Luke Cleary

71 Paul Curtis

71 Lachlan Rankin

70 Ben De Bolfo

70 Domenic Akuei

65 Sam Darcy

62 Blake Howes

57 Dante Visentini

54 Liam Podhajski

49 Karl Worner

47 Sam Clifford

44 Sam Paea

38 Marcus Windhager

VIC COUNTRY

124 Ben Hobbs

98 Mac Andrew

91 Josh Rachele

89 Toby Conway

85 Cooper Hamilton

78 Connor MacDonald

73 Mitch Knevitt

66 Josh Gibcus

61 Joshua Rentsch

61 Tom Brown

60 Sam Conforti

57 Charlie Molan

56 Noah Gadsby

53 Oscar Morrison

49 Miller Bergman

47 Judson Clarke

47 Jai Serong

43 Noah Gribble

38 Sam Breuer

35 Jamieson Ballantyne

35 Campbell Chesser

32 Hamish Sinnott

28 Justin Davies

13 Will Bravo

Found this article on Josh Ward. Sounds very similar to Callaghan in being a serious flight risk...

I'm all for selecting 'best available', and backing in our burgeoning club culture to retain players, but when kids have a specific family connection to a club, not just as a general fan, it does set off alarm bells.

A pick swap with Hawks could certainly be of interest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Trading up

Pick 2 isn’t worth it. One of Callahan or Hobbs will be there at 4.

Pick 1 isn’t worth it. JHF is probably rated as high as he will ever be in trade value right now. No one is worth 3 first rounders, which when you consider what was rejected, makes it the minimum of what might be accepted. Chances are his trade value goes down from here. If he’s the real deal, North simply won’t trade him in contract and if he decides to leave out of contract, his value takes a hit even if he is that good.
Hobbs is not a need at all.he doesn’t fit with what Reid says we are after. If we keep pick 4 it’s only if Callahan is certain, otherwise might be worth splitting for 7 and 15 with Richmond and then cash in 33 for a pick next year.

Speaking on SEN Breakfast, Hobbs, a Richmond supporter growing up, wants to emulate Port Adelaide star Travis Boak, a player he admires greatly.

Last edited:
I'm yet to watch the last quarter of that game, but Goater didn't really stand out to me tbh. Had a nice movement through traffic to get a shot on goal. Maybe his last quarter was dominant?

Hobbs was also a bit meh. Good, but is he what we're after? Hard to comment on one game though.

I think Daicos will be a star. KM even likes to talk him down a bit, but I reckon he has the smarts to go with his ball winning nous and work rate. More upside than Zach Merrett (who he compares him to).

Did you see Daicos mouthing off when his teammate didn't give him the ball? ;)

I reckon Daicos be a better version of Sidebottom , kiof similar high footy IQ can get it inside and outside , not express speed but agile and can run and use the ball

glad you liked Wilmot , I’m a huge fan . Is very untapped born 31 dec so youngest in draft , is very explosive and courageous. Pick 33 would be good but sure he’s gone by then

agree on Hobbs too , I’d prefer Ward but not sure either are for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back