List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been quick to assume the Macpherson deal is 19 for a future 3rd rounder, but given his contract only runs another year and we are keen to get into this year’s draft, I wonder whether it might actually be a future second? I’d have thought they could get a better deal than our future 3rd. Then again, I suspect it has to be a VIC club with cap space which narrows it down a bit….

Id happily do either of our future second or third

People have been quick to assume the Macpherson deal is 19 for a future 3rd rounder, but given his contract only runs another year and we are keen to get into this year’s draft, I wonder whether it might actually be a future second? I’d have thought they could get a better deal than our future 3rd. Then again, I suspect it has to be a VIC club with cap space which narrows it down a bit….
It sounds like we are the only club in a position to do this trade… we obviously have tons of cap space left, as we are prepared to take on a salary dump & put a coach on the books (Lynch)
We have offered million dollar contracts to players for years & been knocked back. We have the cash to splash!!
If we are giving up our second rounder next year for MacPherson & 19, you can guarantee there will be a sweetener involved, unless we have our heart set on a player we think will be available at this pick & don’t really rate next years crop.
I love this move from us!
We need to get crafty to fast track our rebuild…

so assuming this happens the plan is
pick 19 best slider
pick 20 best Big

or is the idea to combine the 2 to get pick ummm say 10..?

I think option 1 is the go personally

Regardless of what we do, we need to wait until draft night. Someone we highly rate might be available in that pick 10 range, but possibly not. Having the first 2 picks on the second night of the draft is a massive advantage and clubs will come hard for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can’t see how if it’s a salary dump it’s not a future third.
Agree - indeed if its a pure salary dump (ie Mcpherson is not expected to be on an AFL list in 2023) it should be for a token 4th/5th round pick.

At his age unless we see him as a first 26 type player (and I see no reason why we should) a token pick only is warranted here.

All this about the AFL not
Signing off on the deal as it’s lop sided. The AFL land scape has changed now with all this covid, and we’re start to follow the American models. As has been point out…. The suns traded a locked in future pick 11 to the cats for pick 27 on draft night. That’s insanely lop sided. The times have changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this about the AFL not
Signing off on the deal as it’s lop sided. The AFL land scape has changed now with all this covid, and we’re start to follow the American models. As has been point out…. The suns traded a locked in future pick 11 to the cats for pick 27 on draft night. That’s insanely lop sided. The times have changed.

The AFL will sign it off, GC are paying us for our asset still, which is our cash.

If it helps stop an exodus next season, all in the AFL's best interest. They'll find a way.

The AFL will sign it off, GC are paying us for our asset still, which is our cash.

If it helps stop an exodus next season, all in the AFL's best interest. They'll find a way.
It is in their best interest to give the Suns a way to solve their cap issue

It is in their best interest to give the Suns a way to solve their cap issue

It'll become more normal over time. Clubs aren't in the business of giving freebies to other clubs. The selling club is the one benefiting, we're still taking on a contract and a list spot and doing it for what is essentially a swing at drafting a worthwhile player.

It'll become more normal over time. Clubs aren't in the business of giving freebies to other clubs. The selling club is the one benefiting, we're still taking on a contract and a list spot and doing it for what is essentially a swing at drafting a worthwhile player.

Yep, there is a big reason why clearing space benefits them.

A royally big reason

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A future 2nd for 19 and darcy mcpherson is more than fair. He can play and we improve our draft hand. Unlikely we win the spoon next year
100% it'd be fair, except for the salary dump element. We're actually taking a financial hit to allow them to keep other players they want more. Future 3rd is the right price. I'd be a bit shitty if it was a future 2nd.

A future 2nd for 19 and darcy mcpherson is more than fair. He can play and we improve our draft hand. Unlikely we win the spoon next year

With all due respect that would be horrible, I'd suggest we're taking Darcy so we get pick 19. As in Darcy has been attached to that pick. We're buying pick 19 and that's a brilliant move

Darcy has only got one year to run on his contract and he’s good enough as depth in a weak area for us. Darcy and 19 for a future second is a win for us. Can get us two of Leek/Wilmot/JVR.

With all due respect that would be horrible, I'd suggest we're taking Darcy so we get pick 19. As in Darcy has been attached to that pick. We're buying pick 19 and that's a brilliant move
100% it'd be fair, except for the salary dump element. We're actually taking a financial hit to allow them to keep other players they want more. Future 3rd is the right price. I'd be a bit shitty if it was a future 2nd.
It will be an extra 150k for a year and he will be in our best 22. Even with a future 2nd its a great deal. Its literally a pick upgrade and decent addition to the playing group

Darcy has only got one year to run on his contract and he’s good enough as depth in a weak area for us. Darcy and 19 for a future second is a win for us. Can get us two of Leek/Wilmot/JVR.
JVR won’t make it to 19 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back