List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Lore

Future picks:
It’s allowed when a player or future pick is involved, because neither have an explicit value.

Pick only trades from the current year draft have to be within 200 points of equal value, to stop academy clubs vacuuming up points (which they do anyway).

The AFL sometimes signs it off regardless though because they’re the AFL and they do what they want.

It will be an extra 150k for a year and he will be in our best 22. Even with a future 2nd its a great deal. Its literally a pick upgrade and decent addition to the playing group

Is he that good ? I actually am only going by his stats and the last two seasons he's been very poor and I for one doubt we'd trade him for a extremely early second round pick. I think we're smarter than that now.

He might turn out to be best 22 and hold his spot when we make our charge up the table. Currently though he aint worth that. I hope I'm right of course. Time will tell.

JVR won’t make it to 19 now
Who knows. Twomey had him at 26 in his rankings a week ago and he’s probably the most tapped in. From like you could fit like 40 players within the top 20 right now such an even draft. Maybe that means more drafting for needs and JVR going earlier as clubs look for keys.

Darcy has only got one year to run on his contract and he’s good enough as depth in a weak area for us. Darcy and 19 for a future second is a win for us. Can get us two of Leek/Wilmot/JVR.

We'll extend MacPherson in this instance though, no doubt. Still got to get him through the door. I wonder if the main problem with him for next year is he is back ended... we might be paying upwards of 600k next year for him.

Is he that good ? I actually am only going by his stats and the last two seasons he's been very poor and I for one doubt we'd trade him for a extremely early second round pick. I think we're smarter than that now.

He might turn out to be best 22 and hold his spot when we make our charge up the table. Currently though he aint worth that. I hope I'm right of course. Time will tell.
You are saying that as if we arent getting pick 19 as part of the deal

You are saying that as if we arent getting pick 19 as part of the deal

Yes I see your point and he's free to a good home. Screw them though he's kicked 6 goals in the last two seasons they want him gone, we'll take your second and give you #55 or some such.

looks great this year 1, 19,20. Next season say 4 & 40

All this about the AFL not
Signing off on the deal as it’s lop sided. The AFL land scape has changed now with all this covid, and we’re start to follow the American models. As has been point out…. The suns traded a locked in future pick 11 to the cats for pick 27 on draft night. That’s insanely lop sided. The times have changed.

I don't think the deal is that bad, tbh. It isn't as bad as what Collingwood went through last year and the AFL approved those trades despite it costing everyone's job at Collingwood.

GC gets a lot of their talent from the academy and they do not have to pay for their academy players, others can't bid on them, they don't have to match anything so them having an end of first round pick player is far less attractive than being able to hold on to their prime talent, like King. I am guessing they want the cap space for next year to bring forward some contracts to give them more scope to offer King some crazy money to stay.

If the trade is our future second, if we are anywhere remotely close to where we ended up this year, it is not going to be that far off. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a future 3rd if both parties consider MacPherson to be dead weight that isn't going to be on the list beyond 2022. If we actually value MacPherson and see him as valuable beyond 2022 then future second sounds more likely.

I think GC could easily sell it to the AFL. If they lose someone like King, it could start the dominoes from falling again.

Do you know how they got all those picks?

Their first pick last year was pick 40 & have lost Higgins, Chol & now CCJ to get those picks.

It's a great hand, but was at the expense of 2 former top 20 picks & not touching the draft last year.
You really hold a grudge, don’t you.

Yeah it is a tricky one i think looking at the last 2 season stats especially 20-20 season for obvious reasons. This year i suppose a little more but still many good reasons some players struggled with parts of their games. Not an excuse just a bit of food for thought maybe. Anyway if we end up with him the very best of luck to him. He has come to the right club if he wants success sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I see your point and he's free to a good home. Screw them though he's kicked 6 goals in the last two seasons they want him gone, we'll take your second and give you #55 or some such.

looks great this year 1, 19,20. Next season say 4 & 40
18 and 40 one can dream but seriously the dream is not far away guys and of course Gals.

I liken him to patch Adams, he’s a good get.

I don't think the deal is that bad, tbh. It isn't as bad as what Collingwood went through last year and the AFL approved those trades despite it costing everyone's job at Collingwood.

GC gets a lot of their talent from the academy and they do not have to pay for their academy players, others can't bid on them, they don't have to match anything so them having an end of first round pick player is far less attractive than being able to hold on to their prime talent, like King. I am guessing they want the cap space for next year to bring forward some contracts to give them more scope to offer King some crazy money to stay.

If the trade is our future second, if we are anywhere remotely close to where we ended up this year, it is not going to be that far off. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a future 3rd if both parties consider MacPherson to be dead weight that isn't going to be on the list beyond 2022. If we actually value MacPherson and see him as valuable beyond 2022 then future second sounds more likely.

I think GC could easily sell it to the AFL. If they lose someone like King, it could start the dominoes from falling again.
I feel for the kid if this is the case. Imagine being a player that your club paid to get off their books, and your new club is just waiting to delist you or pay to retire. Good coin, yes, but could be devastating to a young person.

I feel for the kid if this is the case. Imagine being a player that your club paid to get off their books, and your new club is just waiting to delist you or pay to retire. Good coin, yes, but could be devastating to a young person.
If this is going anywhere we will have made an offer to him.
He would need to accept the offer before any trade is worked out.
If we offered say 2 years, maybe another club would offer more?
Im guessing GC have had a few phone calls from other clubs trying to get in on this.

If this is going anywhere we will have made an offer to him.
He would need to accept the offer before any trade is worked out.
If we offered say 2 years, maybe another club would offer more?
Im guessing GC have had a few phone calls from other clubs trying to get in on this.

Isn’t it pretty common knowledge other sides don’t have much room

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is de riguer for most professional sports

Probably. But we would be offering more than 1 year imo.
Or he would just stay with the GC.
Well yeah I guess , where’s he from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back