Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Who played well for the Blues vs the Dons in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Newman was bloody excellent tonight, relishes those conditions.

Walsh is the cleanest player in the AFL no doubt in my mind, absolute freak.

We are a much better team with Harry in it, just Weitering to add now.

Good win, never in trouble and the conditions spoiled the last half IMO.
Newman was exceptional. Best I’ve seen him play and better than I thought he could be.

And this is why I don't see him becoming a player. It's fundamental stuff that's missing, and doesn't seem to improve. Can't see him making it, and the wing is a big weak link in our structures right now
No reason why he cant get stronger and that will help him with the physicality, confidence and 1-1s.

Im just as frustrated by his lack of presence in 1-1s but I think he can improve.

Also he needs to try and get more involved in games. Last night he was barely sighted up until 3Q.

As an example Cottrell got busy as soon as he came on.

What's with all the negative comments? We didn't play as well as we could but we beat the Bombers on their 150th birthday, only a premiership will be better than that, about time a few of you start enjoying our rise to the top.
View attachment 1421299
Umm, wut?

Mentioning the hird entrance looks like a c grade movie villain has exactly what to do with enjoying our footy?

🤣

And this is why I don't see him becoming a player. It's fundamental stuff that's missing, and doesn't seem to improve. Can't see him making it, and the wing is a big weak link in our structures right now
Really (and this is to all the negative nellies and whingers)
O'Brien actually has already made it by any measuring stick. He gets picked every week in a top 4 side. Pretty sure thats what footballers aspire to and is the reward by the match committee for meeting standards.
Can he get better? yes, but in basic terms the O'Brien is crap argument has no legs at this point in time.

This from Jonathon Brown resonated with me.

Brown pointed to an instance in the third quarter where captain Patrick Cripps opted for a long, dumping kick on his non-preferred left boot rather than trying to find a link-up player with clean possession as the side has done so often in 2022.

“I think this year they’ve been a lot more measured the way they’ve moved the football. This (Cripps example) is not the way Carlton play now, swinging onto your left foot and just kicking it blindly,” he said.

I remember that effort well, just dumb football, old habits can resurface. Vossy is the man.

I know I talk a lot of rubbish around here, but if I may take a leaf out of ferrisb 's book and be serious for a sec,

Gee whiz it's inspiring to see Voss dissatisfied with the win. He has high standards and he will not compromise on them - I love it - and how could blokes like Crippa not get spurred on by a coach who is arguably one of the best goddamn midfielders of all time?! He can give those sprays because he commands respect, it's not empty noise and mindless ranting. It's backed up with experience, history, and demonstrated knowledge.

It's unlikely that the players will get too far ahead of themselves with a coach like Voss. Ohhh what a feeling.
I would say he was beyond dissatisfied. He was massively p#ssed off. You could see he was struggling to restrain himself in the press conference. Great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Cripps had an underrated game. Got tagged and only had 2 possessions in the first quarter when we got smashed in the middle. Turned it around with 26 possessions and 8 clearances in the last 3 quarters. Ended up leading the game for clearances and score involvements plus kicked an important goal. Was massive. I reckon we hold him to a pretty high standard.

Thrilled to ruin the celebrations of the doping scum! They really are a rabble from top to bottom.

As for us, just a massive appreciation for Marchbank to come back in and do well. Happy with the result but a fair bit to work on through the middle of the ground, we should have walloped them in the centre with our bigger bodies in the wet. Centre bounce domination would have opened the floodgates completely.

I was always confident of a win but it was so satisfying watching channel 7 cross to the old * players at half time talking about how this game doesn’t matter and the celebration is about prior years. If even the old rusted on cheats with killer mentality were conceding defeat then imagine the state of their current squad of pea hearts. They sure came out in the second half and played like it too, big time damage limitation.

Really (and this is to all the negative nellies and whingers)
O'Brien actually has already made it by any measuring stick. He gets picked every week in a top 4 side. Pretty sure thats what footballers aspire to and is the reward by the match committee for meeting standards.
Can he get better? yes, but in basic terms the O'Brien is crap argument has no legs at this point in time.
Most total 'spuds' don't become whipping boys, who cares about them? Spud players are delisted as the side improves and we quickly move on. Limited footballers who keep getting picked in a particular position, because we don't have anyone else, cop it the worst. The more we improve, the more we get anxious that that particular weakness will be glossed over. The players themselves cop it because it's the only way some of us know how to express the sentiment. Why did we pick player 'X' with such a high pick lacks pertinency after a while amongst the grind of weekly football. It's not a moral weakness to only play football at a certain standard but the constant back-and-forth regarding the ability of certain players suggests it is. The posts tend to get monotonous but they are not going to go away.

Last edited:
I reckon Cripps had an underrated game. Got tagged and only had 2 possessions in the first quarter when we got smashed in the middle. Turned it around with 26 possessions and 8 clearances in the last 3 quarters. Ended up leading the game for clearances and score involvements plus kicked an important goal. Was massive. I reckon we hold him to a pretty high standard.
Just that brain fade left foot bomb to no one a downside.

Gee, how lucky are we to have such athlete beasts in Harry and Charlie up forward?? Watching Harry gliding over the ground,getting down low,chasing down the opposition and taking big marks just coming off knee surgery 4 weeks ago is incredible. Charlie doing what Charlie does,looking incredibly fit and hitting his straps now is just so exciting for us Blues faithful to see.
It would be a nightmare for opposition coaches to work out a match up. Im so glad its their problem and not ours!
Get Pitto and Weiters back and we're gonna give the finals a god ole shake i reckon.
So excited for whats ahead for the Blue baggers!!

PS and yeah,Stringer is a massive campaigner taking a snipe at everyone one that got near him! He knew he hadnt been conditioned well enough to play last night so tried his usual dog act tactics and failed miserably.

Crippa looked right offin the first quarter,just didnt
look right. In the interview in the rooms after the match he's voice was quite hoarse. Mayve been crook during the week?
He put on he's super hero cape after Vossy put a rocket up them and came out all guns blazing. Crippa copped a staring down from Vossy in the spray,impressive stuff.

Weitering and pitto definitely if Marchy stays fit he trumps Gov … Williams for me is well covered and needs to really show something to not think he was a too a high priced “free” recruit
IF.......fit, think McGovern is icing in a now competitive Carlton side. Will swing back & forwrd as required.
With the others back, he could be THE piece in the puzzle to how we best structure up.
I see him as being massive in how far we can go. It was only a short glimpse, but if he gets back and produces the form of early season, we could be special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Back