Preview 2022 Rd 23 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday August 21 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1305

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the positions the players are named in pre game count for little but I hope we see Setters on the ball this week.

I’ve been critical of him in the past albeit I’ve never understood why 2 successive coaches have played him on the wing.

His game on the weekend was so good and I’d love nothing more than for him to play well again this week.

If Kennedy is out for a long time with his injury then Setters looms his logical replacement in the midfield rotations.

Even without George we’ve named a really good side so I’m pretty confident we can get the job done in a close one.

My God looking at our team sheet terrifies me.

Perennially injured Williams, Marchbank, Gov and Martin all playin...praying that the game isn't marred by us having 1 fit player on the bench.

Cerra just returning and pitto/owies/weitering/walsh/saad potentially carrying niggles.
The same thing can be said about Elliot, JDG and Howe in terms of injuries.

I personally hope Hewett isn't a sub if he isnt fit enough to play a full game, because if say Williams reinjures himself in the first five minutes, Hewett will have to play the whole game out anyway. Just feels too risky for mine, at least Newnes as sub, you can get a full game from him if its required.

I feel we are willing to take a little bit of a punt on this, injuries in the first 5 minutes are rare.

Think Stocker will get Ginnivan. Go hard, but go low

I’d prefer Saad as I think he is smarter and less likely to give away a silly free.

He’s also a lot fitter than Ginnivan so he could really expose him the other way.

Ginny isn’t physical either which may save Saad a constant bashing in the contest.

I’d rather Stocker go to Hoskin Elliott, McRae or McCreery.

I come in peace, I cannot remember the last time I was so excited about a game of football, see I’m an old fart and remember our clashes of yesteryear, for me Collingwood - Carlton is the biggest rivaly in football, nothing comes close, you guys have been MIA for too long, now we get to play for sheep stations again, bring it on, good luck and may the Pies prevail.

How do you get selected or even play with a hamstring from the week, especially when you are taken off during the last game?
The sub rule is the biggest idiotic change to the game yet.
We didn't even try and hide Martin behind an actual injury the week before, he was subbed off 'in case he injures himself'

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I come in peace, I cannot remember the last time I was so excited about a game of football, see I’m an old fart and remember our clashes of yesteryear, for me Collingwood - Carlton is the biggest rivaly in football, nothing comes close, you guys have been MIA for too long, now we get to play for sheep stations again, bring it on, good luck and may the Pies prevail.

I reckon there is only a handful of rivalries around the world that have a same big club, next door neighbour, inner city rivalry that comes close, and maybe no rivalry can match this one when you consider the closeness of the head to head record between the two of us over such a long time.

May the best team win!

I reckon there is only a handful of rivalries around the world that have a same big club, next door neighbour, inner city rivalry that comes close, and maybe no rivalry can match this one when you consider the closeness of the head to head record between the two of us over such a long time.

May the best team win!
Very true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance no matter how often people on this forum say it. He is our best or 2nd best mid. You don't put your 1-2 best onballer on the wing.
Nothing wrong with the role he played in the past: attacking wing.

So in transit he holds his wing. At a stoppage on one side he pushes over and Cotts goes to the fat side.

He’s brilliant at that role. Cotts is good at that role.

Do it.

If this happens Stocker has to play him smart,no high tackles. We all know Ginnivan will play for them.

I wouldn't want Stocker on Ginnivan. He's aggressive which is great but could see him overdoing it and giving away some dumb frees. Reckon Saad would be a good match-up and will expose him the other way.

God almighty Jim.
You're going to have to elaborate, because I'm watching people describe him as having been soft - wilting under the pressure of the game - when he had season highs in the following categories:

• Tackles
  • Contest possession %
  • Intercept possessions
  • Ground ball gets

Disposal efficiency wasn't great, but that didn't seem to be his task on the night, nor was he used a lot.

Hawks might just make this game somewhat an anti climax yet (for us anyway) if they do the job on the Dogs.

Although it would be hard to stop the juices flowing when 85-90k rock in !!

Finding George as an emergency suspicious. If he's trained well twice this week and pulls up well surely he has to play. I reckon he will be playing. Back can come good, and you're not training fully if it hasn't come good.

Hips/groins on the other hand are bloody annoying and can be pretty risky. I thought Cerra would be the least likely as he didn't train on the Wednesday.

I'd be tipping a late change one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back