Preview 2022 Rd 23 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday August 21 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1305

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nervousness levels are starting to rise for me, this is an elimination final, whoever runs out, show us what you got.
Go the Baggers
It's great to still have feelings this late in the season, makes a change, our season is normally over late May early June.
It's great to know I'm not alone, I'm nervous as, "and loving it".👍

Bit of smoke around Walsh missing

However given he injured his ankle several weeks ago and seemed to run out the game it’s an odd one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I come in peace, I cannot remember the last time I was so excited about a game of football, see I’m an old fart and remember our clashes of yesteryear, for me Collingwood - Carlton is the biggest rivaly in football, nothing comes close, you guys have been MIA for too long, now we get to play for sheep stations again, bring it on, good luck and may the Pies prevail.

But but you want that 'smug smirk wiped from our dials'

Would love to see one of our better runners play as a defensive HFF on Nick Daicos. Cotters could work over anyone in the comp with his stamina, he would be the one I'd go to. Wear him like a glove and disrupt their structure.
Starting to get a fantastic spread age wise ..let's hope future development and drafting can keep topping up from underneath ..

Trying to think of a matchup for Elliot, and I keep coming back to Gov. Elliot is a FP in stature but basically plays the FF role - great on the lead, amazing mark for his height. I think Gov has the closing speed to stay with him on the lead, while having the leap to trouble him in the air. As we are going in quite tall in the backline I can’t think of a better option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, 100k at the g two weeks in a row has to be pretty appealing to the afl.

Surely they give the umps a little wink wink nudge nudge to make sure back to back Pies vs blues games.

Trying to think of a matchup for Elliot, and I keep coming back to Gov. Elliot is a FP in stature but basically plays the FF role - great on the lead, amazing mark for his height. I think Gov has the closing speed to stay with him on the lead, while having the leap to trouble him in the air. As we are going in quite tall in the backline I can’t think of a better option.
Plowman - but his not playing.

So the Bulldogs game should complete sometime in the 3rd qtr, right?

If they lose, we make finals regardless of other results? Is that correct?

If the above is true my ideal scenario is thus -

Blue V filth, tight tussle, only a few points in it either way when the news breaks the Dogs have been beaten and the Blues have nothing to lose. Buoyed by the news, the Hero's of Princes Park go on a rampage, kicking away from the filth in an 8 goal to nil burst, Charlie seals the Coleman in a devstating 4 goal final quater and we relegate the Pies to playing Richmond with no double chance.

Delicious

Additions to the 22 that played the Pies in Round 11.

Weiters (went off Q1), Martin, Harry

No he didn't.

But we did fail to respect him and he got out the back a few times...

He had it 17 times only....
His possessions were extremely high impact. Leading to many goals. Admittedly I haven't watched the replay but being at the game it was very obvious that Sidebottom was finding himself in damaging positions which then led to finding players open usually inside 50.

Will be over by quarter time.

They lose, we are in, unless we lose by 150+ and Saints win by 150+.
Also if they win by a small margin, we will know what buffer we have against Collingwood too if things somehow go wrong.

Also those thinking Hewett might come in, it's quite the opposite... We named him in the squad, probably a 5-10% chance he got up for the game, but obviously wasn't quite ready. 0% chance he's going to be a late in, or sub, IMO.

I would be pretty confident Newnes is the sub, and pretty confident LOB is the legit emergency, for someone like Saad. I'm feeling like LOB will come in for a defender myself, don't like that we have 8 "defenders" - doubt Williams plays wing, so either Doc would be playing a lot of midfield time... or Williams/Saad will be a late out.

If the above is true my ideal scenario is thus -

Blue V filth, tight tussle, only a few points in it either way when the news breaks the Dogs have been beaten and the Blues have nothing to lose. Buoyed by the news, the Hero's of Princes Park go on a rampage, kicking away from the filth in an 8 goal to nil burst, Charlie seals the Coleman in a devstating 4 goal final quater and we relegate the Pies to playing Richmond with no double chance.

Delicious

Dogs game will be completed by quarter time our game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back