Preview 2022 Rd 23 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday August 21 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1305

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think we’ll lose. Pies are a strong side. We were always going to play better against Melbourne, who play our style of footy. Collingwood play a game style against which we have struggled all year.

That said, I have seen a few teams come up against us this year and win “must win” games. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could pocket a must win game of our own? Go Blues!

If Demons form against Lions is an indication on current form.
Then based on last week and continuing the trend, we should account for Pies.
Just want to win.
Yes it certainly showed they weren't too taxed by what was a high intensity game last week, plus we get an extra two sleeps recovery.

I personally think we’ll lose. Pies are a strong side. We were always going to play better against Melbourne, who play our style of footy. Collingwood play a game style against which we have struggled all year.

That said, I have seen a few teams come up against us this year and win “must win” games. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could pocket a must win game of our own? Go Blues!
Yet we were a JSOS snap away from beating them last time when they had Taylor Adams, and we were missing: McKay, Weitering, Pitto. We can even include Gov, Williams and Martin as they're starting 22 but those three key players were massive outs.

Ver nervous but was worse before the 2011 Elimination final. We’d lost the previous two elimination finals , been in the Top 8 most of the year and Essendon made a late charge to fall into the 8.

The embarrassment to have lost to them would have been excruciating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t know if this has been spoken about in regards to hewett…. But obviously was borderline to play and being named emergency might mean one of the midfielders might struggle to get up for the game??

That said, I have seen a few teams come up against us this year and win “must win” games. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could pocket a must win game of our own? Go Blues
Melbourne probably should have put Collingwood away in the 1st half without doubt.

Great opportunity for Blues to stand up, still believe we have more quality if our best players perform close to their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't that the issue for us against Brisbane and yet Melbourne took care of them?
Carlton and Melbourne are different teams though… for a whole host of reasons they can cope with the Collingwood and Brisbane style of footy better than us. We’ll get there. It will be all about what Voss can add to the game plan in the off season (as well as recruits)

Ok here’s what I would be doing (take notes Vossy).

Cotts to Jaicos
Setters to Sidearse (good defensive game)
Cripps head to head with Pandles
Walsh and Doc to provide damaging run through the midfield

Saad gets Ginnevan-begin again
Young to Cox
Weeties/Stock’s shoulder to Mihocek

Silvagni to play defensive forward on Moore when up there
McKay to practice kicking goals
Curnow goes to Coleman

Carlton by an Adam Matthews

Didnt help we were missing 7-8 of our best 22.

Had Weitering not get injured on the day. Its a W

Pies are overrated.

7-8 goal win for us tomorrow

Also who the hell tips against their own side, especially against Collingwood???

If Walsh is out yes it’s disappointing but he hasn’t exactly been playing that well lately either.

I think a midfield of Cripps Doc Cerra and Setterfield is more than good enough

I suspect Hewett comes in if Walsh misses.

1. If we'd bothered to name them and trained yesterday why would we do the fitness tests today rather then tomorrow which would give them the most time to get right?

2. Even if we did do fitness tests who gets the info that Walsh has failed by 9am? The guy would almost have to have a direct line to coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back