Preview 2022 Round 8 Carlton vs Adelaide Sunday 8th May 4:40PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Update - Post #689

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have had a GUT FULL of all these Sunday arvo games . We have 3 more in next 4! :mad:

Juts crap,even Collingwood game.

Sort it out AFL. We are one of the big Clubs doing well and we deserve much better.

Might be good for your ALL IMPORTANT T.V. RIGHTS as we get the ratings but the Members/ Fans have to be a priority!!!!

I am glad Gill is going.......Did he even play the game? (not talking bout polo either)

Last edited:
I have had a GUT FULL of all these Sunday arvo games . We have 3 more in next 4! :mad:

Sort it out AFL. We are one of the big Clubs doing well and we deserve much better.

Might be good for your ALL IMPORTANT T.V. RIGHTS as we get the ratings but the Members/ Fans have to be a priority!!!!

I am glad Gill is going.......Did he even play the game? (not talking bout polo either)
I love Sunday games.

He played for Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another change:-

IN: Boyd

OUT: Plowman (illness)

Setterfield replaces Boyd as an emergency.

Backs:Zac WilliamsJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Adam SaadLewis YoungSam Docherty
Centreline:Jack CarrollPatrick CrippsLochie O'Brien
Half-forwards:Zac FisherCharlie CurnowJack Martin
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayCorey Durdin
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew KennedyJack Newnes
Jack Silvagni
Emergencies:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowJesse Motlop
Will Setterfield

All of a sudden we are very short in defence. We have 4 third tall defender types on our list, two genuine ones and two make shift ones and none of them are available.

We are desperate to have Kemp playing down back in the VFL so that he can come in and fill this role. I know Boyd has VFL form but I would have gone with Kemp this week, horses for courses, someone who will be able to play the role to some degree. Opens up a big weak spot in our team, their tall forwards all of a sudden find themselves in a one on one contest with anyone to get stand in front of them and come over the top of the contests.

This is probably the week to have the ruckman drop back in defence whenever we can.

You wouldn't want to replace a defender with a defender? That being said Kemp would've been perfect tomorrow over Boyd.

We have enough defenders to cover their team they ain't Melbourne and yes I'd go with Kemp above Boyd as well even Williamson.

But from the emergencies they named and in my opinion our mids will be way too strong for them why not play someone who actually has been awesome in

the 2's and earned a run in Dow?

Plus I'd like to see Motlop given a go just to see what he has got pressure wise at AFL level at the expense of Durdin who needs to do more scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back