Preview 2022 Round 8 Carlton vs Adelaide Sunday 8th May 4:40PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Update - Post #689

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to see what he can do under a new coach and better mids around him before he's gone at the end of the year and stars at another club next year.
Sounds like if he continues to improve his defensive work then he’ll get a shot.

There’s plenty of 2022 left for him to have an opportunity.

Boyds a fine in. Gives flexibility, plow was probably playing small anyway I think looking at Adelaides team.

It's going to hurt I reckon, Plow was good last week and decent in the air. He was the third man coming across in the air a number of times. Always nice to have aerial ascendency when you can.

Plowman would have likely lined up on Gollant who is 191cm. Agree Adelaide don't have the tallest forward line, but still would have been nice.

Love to know what his KPI's are because as far as I have watched the VFL he is by far ready to go at AFL level.

Who knows what is said and done behind closed doors maybe it's just a personality clash between coach and player?

Personal clash between Voss and Dow? This surely is the most bizarre commentary I have seen thus far

At the lower levels it's easy for AFL quality players to rack up big numbers, but it's the defensive acts and 2 way running that's the difference. Add to that, Dow has only a one wood, mid or bust

Plowman is a big loss, throws our defensive structure out of whack.

MC seem to like Boyd, hope he shows something.....very soon.

Baggers by plenty.

Guys like Doc and Newman I think will have to be prepared to contest in the air a bit more.

Plow was quite good last week coming across as third man in the aerial contests. Someone else is going to have to pick up the slack.

Blows my mind that people are willing/wanting a number of positional changes to get Dow in the side to "see what he can do"

I get it, people want to see an early draft pick play/make it at senior level, despite tge messaging being clear that he needs to work on aspects of his game

Personally, I would rather see the group build continuity and continue to win, rather than experiment on the hope it could work and or be better for tge team as a whole
I’ve liked the selections and strategies this season, so trust that the MC have it correct in selecting the best and strongest team, whatever that looks like - as much as I’d love to see Dow in. And results have vindicated selections.

Lots to play out in the season yet and reckon Dow will get his chance.

Personal clash between Voss and Dow? This surely is the most bizarre commentary I have seen thus far

At the lower levels it's easy for AFL quality players to rack up big numbers, but it's the defensive acts and 2 way running that's the difference. Add to that, Dow has only a one wood, mid or bust
It happens at all Levels.

Yep it's easier if you're AFL quality to rack em up but also in reverse it's not as easy as the ball doesn't just come to you as players are not as skilled so you have to work harder to get the ball.

I tell you what his KPI's to get an AFL recall mustn't be having 30 + disposals,clearances,tackles,contested possessions,goals etc because what he has been

doing in the VFL should be rewarded 2 way running or not he offers more than Fogarty,Cottrell,Boyd,Plowman,Setterfield,Newnes.

Even Carroll (who was good in his 2 VFL games) didn't have the same form yet got the call up before Dow.

As for his one wood of only being a mid, I think he could hold his own as a quick HFF like Schultz from Freo same body type and speed and desperation.

But who knows what the match committee/Voss are asking or not seeing in Dow that's why we are chatting on here about who should and shouldn't play.

He doesn't play plowman position? Seems right to me.
But does he have to play Plowmans position? Yes I like to always play 7 defenders, but I think this week against Adelaide we could have switched it up and it's not like we don't have players playing tomorrow that don't know how to play in the backline if required.

Anyways, let's see how we go and all the best to Boyd

It happens at all Levels.

Yep it's easier if you're AFL quality to rack em up but also in reverse it's not as easy as the ball doesn't just come to you as players are not as skilled so you have to work harder to get the ball.

I tell you what his KPI's to get an AFL recall mustn't be having 30 + disposals,clearances,tackles,contested possessions,goals etc because what he has been

doing in the VFL should be rewarded 2 way running or not he offers more than Fogarty,Cottrell,Boyd,Plowman,Setterfield,Newnes.

Even Carroll (who was good in his 2 VFL games) didn't have the same form yet got the call up before Dow.

As for his one wood of only being a mid, I think he could hold his own as a quick HFF like Schultz from Freo same body type and speed and desperation.

But who knows what the match committee/Voss are asking or not seeing in Dow that's why we are chatting on here about who should and shouldn't play.

Massive reach to suggest he is offside with the coaches

You continue to forget that Dow has one position only and has no clear 2nd position

At the moment, he would be slightly ahead of Carroll as a pure centre bounce clearance player, just, but Carroll already has him covered in all other aspects

You don't sacrifice team balance to squeeze in a player

And, that's how it's unfolding

But does he have to play Plowmans position? Yes I like to always play 7 defenders, but I think this week against Adelaide we could have switched it up and it's not like we don't have players playing tomorrow that don't know how to play in the backline if required.

My sentiments exactly.
Good Post.
I'm hoping Boyd,Carroll,Durdin,LOB,TDK all have great games improvement in these players make us very dangerous.

Yet doesn't play in any one of the positions those names played at all.

Has he done better than the contested mids? Yes or no? Simple question simple answer.

He will get his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure. I think plows pretty important structurally. Boyd in keeps a lockdown and (I'm assuming) lets doch Williams Saad etc keep the attacking sides of their games going?

My only path for Dow into the team is probably via Walsh moving more to the wing. Walsh is a gun though I am not surprised if Voss is hesitant to take him a bit out of the action...

Yet doesn't play in any one of the positions those names played at all.

Has he done better than the contested mids? Yes or no? Simple question simple answer.

He will get his chance.
I think he earned a call up before Carroll but not unhappy with Carroll playing.

Kennedy/Hewett have also been out yet Dow still didn't get a game.

Why can't he play Wing/HFF?

I think Dow is more than the one trick pony a few around here are lumping a 22 year old into at the moment.

I think he earned a call up before Carroll but not unhappy with Carroll playing.

Kennedy/Hewett have also been out yet Dow still didn't get a game.

Why can't he play Wing/HFF?

I think Dow is more than the one trick pony a few around here are lumping a 22 year old into at the moment.

How many of Dow's VFL games have you watched

I just want to see what he can do under a new coach and better mids around him before he's gone at the end of the year and stars at another club next year.
Dow might already have his bags packed? We'll just trade him for pick f**k-all at the end of the season and watch him dominate in some other colours.
I'm comfortable if he leaves, I don't blame him. But lets add some value to his trade. He is our only VFL player to cop a heavy tag every week.

You continue to forget that Dow has one position only and has no clear 2nd position

At the moment, he would be slightly ahead of Carroll as a pure centre bounce clearance player, just, but Carroll already has him covered in all other aspects

I don't know and haven't got any inside knowledge.

But it does happen at every level so isn't out of the question.

I do feel it's more of a like for like situation as you suggested but feel he is being overlooked for a game when some players are getting a game who aren't

setting the VFL on fire or even been that great in the AFL yet get to stay at the cost of someone who's been busting the door down and their arse in the 2's.

Dow might already have his bags packed? We'll just trade him for pick f**k-all at the end of the season and watch him dominate in some other colours.
I'm comfortable if he leaves, I don't blame him. But lets add some value to his trade. He is our only VFL player to cop a heavy tag every week.
Oh **** no. Indigestion and Prozac at the thought of another high pick floundering here for years only to **** us at the first possible chance. Please no!

Thats exactly what Voss said.....so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back