List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Cripps to play his 200th game. Why did we trade him for absolute peanuts?

Jamie Cripps to play his 200th game. Why did we trade him for absolute peanuts?
Because he was out of contract
, refused to play for Freo and would not come back to Melbourne . Held a gun to our heads, take a shit deal or get nothing .

One of my most most hated players , didn’t disclose he was a diabetic and then left at the first opportunity.

No problem if kids want to return home but don’t handle it like this prick did.

Jumping at shadows me thinks.
Playing at his Dad's club in the number 7, and one of 4 indigenous boys drafted that year. Adelaide are rebuilding and Port about to implode.
There are much much bigger concerns than Nas right now.

Not to mention he's playing at a club which is embracing its indigenous players ... for us it's not about a token round every year - it's about signing those players because they're worthy of a list spot, and getting them on the field so they can be part of St Kilda folklore by bringing home that second cup.

That said ... if he continues to improve over the next few rounds, the way he has since debut, I'd be dangling 4 years in front NWM, because I reckon he's got 250 gamer written all over him.

Reasonable to say that Port will be kicking off a rebuild under a new coach and some at GWS will be asking themselves if they want to be there.
Amon and Bruhn are already mentioned, so who else?
Giants

Taranto - still uncontracted. Would cost a lot but would be a huge addition to our midfield and can rest forward

Briggs - if we are looking for a ready made Ryder replacement. He's been good in the VFL and even in the AFL when he gets am opportunity. Looks to be behind Preuss and Flynn

O'Hallaron - a good clearance player with a burst of speed that just can't break into their midfield and plays out of position. Not sure he'd be able to break into ours though so may have the same issues. I think there are probably better suitors for him out there

Bruhn - very promising young mid that can also go forward and kick a goal. Could be a Steele type of trade where you can get him at a good price before he explodes. Will be hard to bea tr Geelong to his signature though.

Port

Outside of Amon most players we'd want are contracted, but if shit really hits the fan you might be able to target a contracted player.

If McStay is on the shopping list I hope it is to send him back as a KPD again.
Agree we dont have a need for him fwd.
Defense wise we are a KPD short. Not convinced he is exactly what we need size wise but is at least bigger than Joyce, Highmore, Battle and Coff.
26yo 1.96 and 97kg vs 24YO 1.95 and 96.

Not enough size difference to matter.

Never said that Marshall was a "permanent" forward. Those were your words.

We all watch the games and know that Marshall is a forward/ruck or ruck/forward whatever way you want to put it

Either way he spends a fair bit of his time forward and he's a better player than McStay.

Gone are the days that you just rotate your rucks off the pine and even Paddy spends a fair bit of time forward.

He's a GOP that has got games because the Lions have never had good key forward depth. He'll struggle to keep his spot when Hipwood returns.

This.
Paddy seems to be easing into the game this year. 60% TOG first game, then 67%.
Marshall usually plays closer to 90%.

In the end you are planning for the equivalent of 18 on the ground for 100%, and you want to maximise the effort you can get during that time.
50% shared between two rucks is a very old fashioned idea.

Been some good ones over the years, but McStay sure is one strange hill to die on. Forward line is last on our priority list right now surely

I reckon he will end up a lot like Finlayson - looks good in a dominant side bit will disappear when delivery is sporadic.

Something about him just screams a player that will totally drop his bundle when times get tough.

Giants

Taranto - still uncontracted. Would cost a lot but would be a huge addition to our midfield and can rest forward

Briggs - if we are looking for a ready made Ryder replacement. He's been good in the VFL and even in the AFL when he gets am opportunity. Looks to be behind Preuss and Flynn

O'Hallaron - a good clearance player with a burst of speed that just can't break into their midfield and plays out of position. Not sure he'd be able to break into ours though so may have the same issues. I think there are probably better suitors for him out there

Bruhn - very promising young mid that can also go forward and kick a goal. Could be a Steele type of trade where you can get him at a good price before he explodes. Will be hard to bea tr Geelong to his signature though.

Port

Outside of Amon most players we'd want are contracted, but if shit really hits the fan you might be able to target a contracted player.
Brayshaw a FA ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he was out of contract
, refused to play for Freo and would not come back to Melbourne . Held a gun to our heads, take a shit deal or get nothing .

One of my most most hated players , didn’t disclose he was a diabetic and then left at the first opportunity.

No problem if kids want to return home but don’t handle it like this prick did.

I was told it was West Coast pulling the strings behind the scenes. Basically they said to him "don't worry mate, it's only a two year contract, just don't try too hard and refuse to re-sign and then they'll have to trade you to us for peanuts, then you can be back home with your mates". We probably should have done more due diligence on him and just left well enough alone.

That said, even if we hadn't taken him, I'm pretty sure it was Karnezis next in line for us and he turned out shit so whatever.

I was told it was West Coast pulling the strings behind the scenes. Basically they said to him "don't worry mate, it's only a two year contract, just don't try too hard and refuse to re-sign and then they'll have to trade you to us for peanuts, then you can be back home with your mates". We probably should have done more due diligence on him and just left well enough alone.

That said, even if we hadn't taken him, I'm pretty sure it was Karnezis next in line for us and he turned out shit so whatever.
Not my favourite player. Worst part is he’s a premiership player. 🤮

Still a cop out from Cripps. Had no interest in doing the right thing by the club that drafted him or his team mates if two seasons .

Shows a complete lack of character.

He's a much better footballer than Hunter

Still quite young for a ruck. Seems like he's building well to me
Hasnt really ever had the chance to play as the main ruck until this year.
Will be interesting to see where he is at by the end of the year.

Hasnt really ever had the chance to play as the main ruck until this year.
Will be interesting to see where he is at by the end of the year.
Holding his own today

English has been named in a couple of rolling AA sides I've seen this week and Xerri is probably breaking even with him

He's been dominating the VFL and still only 15 or so games into his career

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes one of the better rucks in the comp by the time he's 100 games in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back