Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we’ve been planning for this game since last seasons loss … the slow start to the season the complete change in game plan (slow and ineffectual) … the total apparent indifference by the players after losses … the pretend bad kicking for goal … the total lack of injuries … and then the resting of Ed last week as sub so he’d be able to run Daicos off his feet this week … followed by the demoting of our leading goal kicker last week to the bench … Diesel going missing the club stating that we don’t care about finals … it’s all been a long con the greatest smokescreen ever produced in the history of sport … all this to catch the filth off guard and to slam them into the dirt this week … genius !!!

Umm I wouldn’t play Ed for starters.
I think if are going to tag someone or have 1 negative player it would be cotrell on daicos.
I would play Boyd , I know he hasn’t been great but saad needs help and I think with docherty in the midfield we need another runner.
I wouldn’t play Hewitt and Kennedy together so Hewitt goes ., I would play Dow for a different look
Also play mckay real deep and curnow up the ground .. cripps and Kennedy rotating in the 50 and cerra in the middle .. just off the top of my head..
my point was we are very conservative with the changes for the same outcome .. for the next 2-3 weeks try something different or tinker a little. I feel Voss has to keep the boys United .. it’s a long season and even if we lose the next 3 if we are United we can hopefully turn a corner and back end of the year win a few.

Would be satisfied with Boyd over Ed, gives us a 7th defender (if Cincotta is playing) allowing Doc to play in the middle/resting forward

McKay deep and Charlie roaming is ideal, but with Harry struggling in front of goals, I would rather him playing traditional CHF, Charlie behind him

If splitting Kennedy and Cripps forward (Kennedy the majority of the split), then Jsos would be surplus to needs and TDK more a need, considering their ruckmen

Dow wins the ball at stoppages, but doesn't help to address our needs, attacking chains, defensive transition

So ideally

Out Of the 23, Ed Jsos

In Boyd TDK

Boyd Weitering Newman
Gov Young Saad

Pitto Cerra Walsh
Acres Cripps Hollands

Kennedy Harry Owies
Mots Charlie Durdin

Bench/Sub Cincotta Doc Cotts TDK Hewett

Must be tough for Ed Curnow, knowing that one brother got all the height, looks, talent and money.

We’ve got the same problem at Collingwood with the Daicos brothers. No, actually, they’re both bloody good! Ed will get to experience that first-hand on Sunday.

Looking at our squad, likely bench is Cameron, Crisp, McCreery & Markov, with Ginnivan to come on as sub later in the game to duck a few tackles and kick a couple of goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So TDK played 1/2 a game producing not much & then got concussed, Boyd looked & played decidedly averagely against kids & hasn’t put together a 4 quarter quality performance yet & Fish racked up a pile of useless possessions & had no impact.
Great to see our MC keeping up its lofty standards & selection integrity.

No doesn’t necessarily mean the player is definitely locked in, can always withdraw the player from the game for a particular reason, although it doesn’t happen all that often unless there’s a possible injury cloud over the player…

Really, Ed in.

Who the * gets a gig out of the 8 listed on the interchange and why would you list Owies on the interchange anyway vs Durdin and Motlop, I'd have him ahead of those two as a certain starter.
Owies will be out.
He broke team rules by kicking drop punts. Who the **** does he think he is?
3 goals straight. Back to the 2s to ‘work’ on his snaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That horror nightmare scenario was magnificent. Plus we got to see 19’s ressies prior to the 1s. Try explaining that to a teenager today and they can’t wrap their heads around it😂😂😂

loved getting to the ground tow watch the reserves play...

you'd get a real sense of players developing and scope the possible late changes for us and the opposition.

Team to beat Filth - based on Squad
In: Ed Curnow, Boyd
Out: Mots, Cincotta

B: Gov Weiters Newman
HB: Docherty Young Saad
C: Hollands Cripps Acres
HF: Ed Curnow Harry JSOS
F: Durdin Charlie Owies

R Pitts Walsh Cerra

Int: Cotts (F), Boyd (D), Kennedy (M, F), Owies (F)

Sub: Hewett - bring him on in Q3 and win the contested ball like Kennedy did when he was sub

Why ?
Boyd over Cincotta, why not
Cottrell is a big bodied runner we need at half forward who can finish
Owies - he kicks goals
Kennedy - better than Hewett at present,
Hewett - I suggest we need 1 more defender (Boyd), Owies to kick goals and Cottrells run, more than we need 3 of Cripps, Kennedy & Hewett

Tons of dollars spent while the game becomes unwatchable bit by bit, year by year, rugbyfied without the biff
I'm sure each generation would say the same thing...
In 30-40 years from now, supporters may wish the game still looks like now...

Fundamentals of the game still remain the same...
However, coaches have changed the game with tactics and game plans, derived from multiple sports...

No it's about Ed. We have a stubborn Match Committee who are doing their best to lose the game before the ball is bounced.

Let’s wait until the actual team is named as there’ve been heaps of times someone named in the starting lineup of an extended squad then drops out of the final 22 (23). I will be amazed if Ed plays on Sunday. IMO he is done.

I suspect we’ll name TDK to counter Cox and Cameron, with Boyd coming in as well so Doc and Walsh can rotate thru the middle and half forward, in which case Cincotta and Motlop will make way (along with Ed) with one of them or Fisher being the sub.

I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if Young gets dropped either (he has been dreadful this year), especially as Collingwood don’t have a giant forward line, although I suspect they will relent this week and wait until Marchy or SDurdin are deemed ready to play league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back