Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

Pitto also has a 4 year contract to see himself through to retirement. You'd hope his motivation came from the desire to have team success, but as a player who has been a backup ruck for most of his career, he might be content with just being a jovial team man.

He had that motivation though. When we brought him back earlier in the year, he showed it. Really looked like he wanted to be part of team success to me despite his limitations.

You'd do well to stop calling other posters 'idiots' please. We don't do that here.

I will note that injuries and short turnarounds apply to all teams. We are where we are based on what we are doing, not what we don't have access to. That was a pretty strong team out there for us last night.

Yes, we have lost close games, but some of those we were gone before we launched a late comeback. We rely on our fitness to outlast opponents, because we are struggling to keep up with them when they have run in their legs.

Can the second wind happen? Yes, it's an open season and all teams have shown frailties at times. We would need to establish our mental edge and become the hunters again though.
We will. I know teams also have short turn arounds but not to the extent of playing on a sunday evening and then backing it up on a friday night

* were rubbish and their season was done with and now all of a sudden they are in contention again. Funny season. We will smack all three opponents in the coming weeks

4 of the last 5 we have lost have been by minimal margins and we had our chances in each of those games but did not convert. Idiots carrying on like we are getting belted week in week out. Injuries and short turn arounds don't help our chances particurlary late in the season. We will get a second wind, and we will get going again. You will all eat your words. Majority of people on here are adamant hawks will pump us by 10 goals and are wanting us to fail miserably and fall out of the eight isn't constructive one bit. More emotion based if anything

Majority of people on here want us to fail miserably and miss finals...

Where are you reading this?

Complain about people overreacting... by overreacting :D

Someone tell me why we can’t play Harry Lemmey as well as Curnow and McKay. Forces more looks inside 50 and gets the ball to ground more for our smalls. If not Lemmey then play mirkov as well as pitto he is astute inside 50 too.

To compare with Brisbane who play lance morris next to hipwood and Daniher. Morris is 19 years old.
Definitely need another tall up forward especially when H goes into the ruck or off for a rest

one of many champ

I don't want us to fail. I don't think want to see us playing like this in finals. If we don't get our game back, there's no point falling in by default.

Love your trouble making opportunism though. You're none for 2 for me.

OUT: Cerra (inj) and Cottrell (inj)
IN: Cowan and someone to be sub (Fantasia/Lord/Carroll etc)

FB: Boyd Weitering Kemp
HB: Newman McGovern Saad
C: Acres Cripps O.Hollands
HF: Martin McKay E.Hollands
FF: Fogarty Curnow Motlop
FOL: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
INT: Cowan Kennedy Cincotta Owies
SUB: Fantasia/Lord/Carroll

Assuming no other forced changes and Williams another week away I think this is what they will go with.

Gives us our 7 true defenders back and allows Cincotta to play as a midfield tagging a Day-type or a forward tagging one of their running half backs (Amon?). I would have liked to see Walsh on a wing but with Cerra down I think that is less likely to happen.

Charlie’s ankle not looking too good either.

Gov May have delayed concussion.

News just gets better and better.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn't he come back onto the ground after that ankle?

And why did we let Gov take that kick in the first place if he was potentially concussed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t agree tbh, we have noticeable deficiencies in game that teams pick apart, we go into our shells way too often and we’re far too reliant on a couple of superstars instead of a system.

Injuries suck, but every team has injuries.
That’s just a cliche. Every team does not have the same injuries as we’ve had. This year losing Doc and SOS for the full year. Losing TDK at a critical time. Never got Martin or Cerra up and going.

Massive losses to critical players. Especially TDK. If TDK plays we beat the pies and probably port.

We would finish 2nd and all rejoice.

That’s just a cliche. Every team does not have the same injuries as we’ve had. This year losing Doc and SOS for the full year. Losing TDK at a critical time. Never got Martin or Cerra up and going.

Massive losses to critical players. Especially TDK. If TDK plays we beat the pies and probably port.

We would finish 2nd and all rejoice.

I’m not denying that we’ve had our share of important injuries, but injuries were not the reason we’ve dropped all of those 5+ goal leads this season.

Wouldn’t you agree?

Argh, conflicted. It's hard to say this because I don't really want Carlton to win, but Carlton will win this one. It's not because of the rivalry or the race to 17, I love Curnow, Cripps and Weitering, true superstars of the game, and lord knows Cripps deserves some team success.

The reason I don't want you to win is Voss and Docherty. Hate Voss dating back to 02 and 03. Couldn't stand him coaching a flag! Love Docherty and couldn't stand seeing him miss.

Having said this. Don't throw everything away. Carltons game style is more suited to contested finals. You can easily win the last 3 games and then be a very good chance for top 4. You can win an interstate first final. The comp is ridiculously even, but not many teams have the weapons Carlton has, particularly when TDK comes back.

Hopefully Walsh will be much better after the finals bye week off too.

For me our backline is a bit up and down, I'm not sold on Kemp. Also losing Fantasia and Williams has unsettled the forward structure with the two FF working with Motlop and others. Charlie and H need to be more vocal in the forward line and tell others to get out of the way. Motlop needs to get more involved and I do realise he is coming back from injury. I get a bit wary when I see Charlie too far up the ground.

The Fantasia call is amusing in a way. He's a low volume role player, but we have several of those in our bad run of form at the moment. We are 9-4 with him, but 3-5 without him. That could be coincidence of course, but have we overlooked something he provided?
Onfield direction, as I think it was said by someone at the club recently that he's basically like an onfield coach for the forwards and helps direct their positioning... IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back