Preview 2023 Rd 14 Carlton vs Gold Coast Sunday June 18 1:10PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not particularly good to be fair. He doesn't really have a position in our best 22. If he wasn't a Silvagni he would have already been delisted.
Continues to be a rubbish narrative that’s because of his last name!! How about the coaches do some coaching and define his role, and put him in the best position to succeed!! You can’t tell me that a coach like McRae wouldn’t bring the best out of Jack, if he leaves and I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he does. He would succeed at a club like Collingwood with a coach like McRae

Is not a ruckman - we get reamed at most centre bounces he attends.
Repeatedly misses goals and generally has below standard skill execution up forward.
insufficient endurance to play midfield.
Exposed as too slow in defence.
Not tall enough to play KPP.
But yeah he tries hard.

Misses goals like ... Harry and the rest of the team?

Below standard skill execution up forward like ... TDK and basically anybody else up there? He's more skilled than some of them for sure. He creates for others.

When did he play in defence and get exposed as being top slow? Who did we measure him against?

Not tall enough to play KPP but taller than Gov and Kemp?

He does try hard. He also covers for others and let's them know when they have ****ed up. How refreshing.

I've decided that if we lose, I'll have a few drinks to console myself. And if we win, I'll have a few to celebrate. Looking forward to the game...

Drink Up Chicago Fire GIF by Wolf Entertainment

With talent getting us nowhere surely effort is the thing we should be judging on?

Effort should be the non-negotiable. 3 tackles out of the team's 33. JSOS did his part there. He also got a goal assist.

JSOS replaced by Martin as a third tall, TDK as fasting ruckman. No spot for him in the team.

His inability to change pace is gonna cost him. No burst at all. Contrast between Martin (who's lost weight and moving as well as he has in years) is stark. Defenders close the gap with ease.

At one point I saw a player in defence and was confused at how one paced he looked. Realised it was Jack, eyes weren't used to such a slow player down there.

Unfortunately his tongue would be hanging after the first 20 mins....Saad's an impact player, not an endurance beast.

I like your thinking though, and have mentioned it before - when he's getting stifled in defence, move him up onto a wing for a stint to release the shackles. Basically playing between the arcs so he's not covering the full length of the ground, and being used as a link player in transition.

Granted, Saad doesn’t have a tank for an extended midfield role - but it wouldn’t hurt to train him/trial him for a few centre bounce attendances.

Seriously what the eff is wrong with our selection committee how does Young get a game after his game last wk he should be drop permanently for that performance
Possibly being held as ruck cover in case Pittonet isn’t declared fit, at least that’s what I’m hoping. Surely they won’t play him in the backline again for a while after his shit show last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we play two rucks plus JSOS we look unbalanced and lose mobility up forward.
When we play one ruck plus JSOS we get crucified in the centre bounce taps and our mids struggle.
Sadly I don't think JSOS fits in this team going forward as the Pitto + TDK combo seems to offer us more.

Cunners has to be in this week. Dow has to hold his spot. Binns might be the unlucky one as I think Kennedy and Cincotta get the final two bench spots.

When we play two rucks plus JSOS we look unbalanced and lose mobility up forward.
When we play one ruck plus JSOS we get crucified in the centre bounce taps and our mids struggle.
Sadly I don't think JSOS fits in this team going forward as the Pitto + TDK combo seems to offer us more.

Cunners has to be in this week. Dow has to hold his spot. Binns might be the unlucky one as I think Kennedy and Cincotta get the final two bench spots.
When we play two rucks with or without JSOS we look unbalanced and lose mobility up forward, because neither of our rucks knows how to play forward.

When we play two rucks with or without JSOS we look unbalanced and lose mobility up forward, because neither of our rucks knows how to play forward.
True both rucks do seem to lack forward craft but we can't go into a game with only one ruck. The two rucks is still a better option than 1 plus JSOS, especially since TDK is more athletic and more likely to take a pack mark. JSOS has a bad habit of double grabbing every mark. He doesn't take many pack marks and he doesn't get many marks on the lead due to a lack of pace. It means he has no weapons to manufacture easy goals. He was born with an unbelievable footy brain but doesn't have the speed, agility, or clean hands to score easily. He also adds to our lack of ability to tackle in the forward 50 even if he is one of the only ones that chases.

Two rucks gives our mids more first possessions and subsequently more forward 50s. Have to have the ball inside 50 to win a game.

Am trying to work out who's in from Interchange: For me I'd like to see Binns, plus Cuningham, Cincotta and Kennedy, with Dow as sub (or Kennedy as sub, and Dow starting). Just me...

Interchange from:Jaxon BinnsAlex CincottaDavid Cuningham
Ed CurnowPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Matthew KennedyLewis Young

The omissions I like, Motlop has been horrific for far too long, send him back and wait for him to dominate at vfl before giving him another chance.

Silvagni, if we have 2 rucks just doesn’t have a spot in the side.

My assumption is Young is only named in case Pittonet doesn’t get up and Ed Curnow prob gets dropped or becomes sub.. and I think we then have a fairly balanced team.. of course it means sfa if they play the game style they have been playing but at least gives us a chance

There’s a myth being perpetuated here that JSOS is the only player showing effort or alternatively shows more effort than others.
It’s just that - a myth.
JSOS showed effort last year, in 2023 he has just looked lost, and who can blame him.. no contract, no guaranteed a position in the 22, team losing and the shadow of his dad hovering over the club… In saying this his form has been poor and deserves to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back