Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit worried that McGovern seems to have forgotten how to mark a football.

Not sure if rusty, low on confidence or simply exhausted with a newborn baby.

But would like to see his sticky mitts return ASAP.

Cos Thursday night is a s**t night for football. But, the AFL is the AFL.

I only missed it because I’m isolating with fricken Covid. Again. 😢
Thursday night is a great great night to watch football - on the T V. Ratings will be huge for tonight.

Great for our sponsors etc. Atmosphere sounded great on TV.

Quick caveat that Geelong were clearly not firing on all cylinders tonight, but glad we fought it out. Best game I've seen Kennedy play, and McKay put up midfielder numbers covering the ground tonight.

Charlie, Durdin and Motlop bringing the attacking power tonight, with Owies getting on the end a bit to finish. Still have my concerns with his mobility, but you can see that he's making good decisions.

Two rucks clicked into place for us late as a screen for McKay to take a few grabs, but otherwise it's going to require TDK picking up a lot of forward craft to account for the heavy legs he's have after centre bounce work. Pittonet was more mobile than I've seen for a while, but he was also far more selective. Balance isn't right there.

Docherty's fitness is a little bit of a worry to me, and it immediately drags down his disposal by foot. Hope he can iron it out. Newman still probably the first defender I'd replace, but like Owies still making good decisions... just rarely hurts the opposition when he does so.

Grain of salt with this result, but happy we got the win.
Wait what? Only ‘first defender you’d drop’?????
Are you wavering??? Say it isn’t so Jim. Say it isn’t so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve ripped most of you off at Princes as mentioned prior, I see no reason to stray from Chiefs little internetty footy site, here’s your fiver from a fifty and a cold pie with an International roast.😉

I've lived in Brisbane since 1980. I've probably escaped your grift.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Back