Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Still have to slap myself that Cowan is only just 18 (and 3 months).

He's so feckin powerful for his age!

Reliable too. Hardly made a mistake back there in 2 big games on the G. Such an impressive beginning for him.

Remarkably, i think Vossy would already have him penned in, not pencilled. He seems comfortable out there and to not be a little liability in these games is outstanding stuff.

Great work by Austin to pinch him for only a flat future 2nd. Should be a late 2nd too.

Crikey haven't we found one in Ollie Hollands. love this bloke. effort. awareness . skill. tank. etc etc.
(kick a goal son!) Just a great great get. premiership player. :p

anyway good win. absorbed the pressure as vossy said. needed to get that worked out now and start pulling away from teams when in positions to do so.

Richmond actually didnt impress me a great deal (crows will em touch em up) so this game had me concerned but now we know where we're at .

and to think Walsh comes back.

Saad? take a bow.

Yes. On TV. For the sponsors.

Like I said. The AFL is the AFL.
No. The media paid $4.5 billion for the rights. Pretty much our whole wage bill is paid by the distribution that we get directly from this.

I think that it's fantastic that we get some Thursday and Friday night games where the whole country is watching us. There will be plenty of Saturday and Sunday games as well so everyone will get the opportunity to see us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit worried that McGovern seems to have forgotten how to mark a football.

Not sure if rusty, low on confidence or simply exhausted with a newborn baby.

But would like to see his sticky mitts return ASAP.
he took a couple of clutch marks in the 3rd and 4th quarters - the worst thing he did was listen to Docherty calling for the ball and kick it straight to Cameron ....

Great to see Ed back in the side and having a real impact.

He was cleaner than most below his knees when the pressure was at its highest - provided important vet leadership.

I don't know if Ed ever gets beaten in a contest...

OK obviously he does sometimes, but geez I feel so safe when he's in a contest these days, he typically either wins the contest and gets the ball out or sticks the tackle. Always in our top few for distance covered as well.

Yeah, the beauty of that "get in front of Cameron play" by Ollie was how it was natural and no fuss. He didn't have to steel himself and just go because "he had too this time". He just did it so naturally. And did last week too.

Oh, and his running power is just awesome. He and Walshy are gonna give us so much as a tandem.

Every time the coverage shows distance covered in the 2 games this year Hollands has been no.1 in the game...incredible for a 1st year player, must be extremely gifted aerobically.

Love it, I want to see a Carlton team full of run and overwhelming the opposition.

Durdin had the best 2 possession first half in the history of the AFL. His pressure set the tone.

His goal was freakish, but also reward for the work he’d done to that point.

Amazing that he’s not played a preseason match. He looked so fresh.

Anyway… Ollie Hollands. Loved him from the moment I saw him play in the Vic Metro / Vic Country final. My love has not abated. He is a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Great win.

Hollands put his body in the way and came up trumps. 2 weeks in a row. Just love.

Harry was huge on the wing. Big marks. Acres earnt his dollars as well

I think pittonet was a huge in. Midfield heartbeat.

Jack Martin a good out. Absolute passenger. Great synchronisity tonight. Well done boys

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

My favourite moment of the night was in the third quarter and they put up the distance run statistics.

It showed Hollands at 10.7km (or something).

BUT HE WAS NUMBER ONE.

Full on close up of Ollie Hollands.

AND HE LOOKED LIKE HE WAS JUST WALKING IN THE PARK, NOT EVEN A SWEAT.

This man is a beast, desire and capability all wrapped up in one.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Back