Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have plenty of very good midfielders. We need the absolute cream, but that might be out of reach unless there is another Dangerfield out there at pick 10 or we trade up.
I kind of agree with this. I like the idea of a good combo or outside midfielder - or an absolute fantastic one, if we can get high enough in the draft - but if the best player available is a tall, then grab them.

We have plenty of very good midfielders. We need the absolute cream, but that might be out of reach unless there is another Dangerfield out there at pick 10 or we trade up.

It's not the 2010's anymore, you can stop with the groundhog day loop.

We seriously lack good midfielders. If we had them in abundance, we'd be a serious shot at a flag this year. It's that dire Crouch ended up having his career revived.

We also have the cream once we sort that out. Dawsom and Rachele

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seriously lack good midfielders. If we had them in abundance, we'd be a serious shot at a flag this year. It's that dire Crouch ended up having his career revived.

And if Crouch leaves, we're back to having to play Keays as a full time mid.

Those days are done, regardless whether Crouch goes. The fact we routinely preferred Sloane in our inside group over Keays says as much.

That said, I'd get prepared for another year of Sloane being a 3-4 midfielder if Crouch goes. Especially if Berry can't sort his shit out, and there isn't anything that gives confidence that he will.

Our first pick will land in the teens.

If there's a good mid at that pick take a mid first.

But don't just take a mid for the sake of it, isn't that how we ended up with Galluci?
It’s also how we ended up with Jones and McHenry - refusing to be aggressive and move up into what was clearly a strong top 8. If our first pick doesn’t land what we need (which looks likely) we must move up.

I think an issue is we may already have the core of our midfield moving forward, we just need to see them in the middle more.

It’s also how we ended up with Jones and McHenry - refusing to be aggressive and move up into what was clearly a strong top 8. If our first pick doesn’t land what we need (which looks likely) we must move up.

To get who? Harvey Reid?

Plus, as much as we can say "oh we refused to be aggressive", we did end up trading in our main target from the 2018 draft a few years later in Izak Rankine. That said, it's more a draft that says something about unrealistic expectations and not aggression. In part, we didn't recognize which one of the SA lads was gettable.

Last edited:
Those days are done, regardless whether Crouch goes. The fact we routinely preferred Sloane in our inside group over Keays says as much.

That said, I'd get prepared for another year of Sloane being a 3-4 midfielder if Crouch goes. Especially if Berry can't sort his s**t out, and there isn't anything that gives confidence that he will.
The happy clappers will love that.

To get who? Harvey Reid?

Plus, as much as we can say "oh we refused to be aggressive", we did end up trading in our main target from the 2018 draft a few years later in Izak Rankine. That said, it's more a draft that says something about unrealistic expectations and not aggression.

That's a good point.

There are people suggesting we use multiple picks to trade up and take the best Tasmanian midfielder, like that won't end in tears.

Not necessarily. The midfield mix should be Dawson, Laird, Soligo, Pedlar, Rachele, Rankine, Berry. We could also give Hinge and Nankervis some CBA's through there as well. We've hardly played Crouch for two years so I don't see the insistence for him now. The only difference is Schoenberg going down but he hasn't been a regular this year anyway. Soligo, Pedlar, Rachele were drafted to be mids so it's time we played them there full-time. We need speed in the midfield to run both ways and Crouch, Sloane don't have that. They've had their time.

Last edited:
To get who? Harvey Reid?

Plus, as much as we can say "oh we refused to be aggressive", we did end up trading in our main target from the 2018 draft a few years later in Izak Rankine. That said, it's more a draft that says something about unrealistic expectations and not aggression. In part, we didn't recognize which one was gettable.

Now whether we completely butcher Connor Rozee or not, that's another story.
I’d say Gold Coast advertising their pick 4 means top end draft pick is gettable. When the growing consensus of this draft seems “there is a clear top 6 or so then a fall off” it justifies the aggressive move.

Also I don’t think it’s unrealistic saying we should’ve been more aggressive in 18’. Port successfully landed a top 5 pick with a worser hand than us.

I understand that and thats why i am all for selling the farm with this years picks and our f1 to maniuvre that be it a trade or to get up the draft order. We know GC pick 4 is on the table...lets be bold and out bid the others and get that top rated mid or mid / forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back