Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think that would have to involve our future first.
I guess it depends how much value they put on Chols salary. We haven't put our first in the mix, just our 3 seconds. As it stands, I still think the Bulldogs are in the box seat for 4, but at least our hat is in the ring.

It's a no from me. That's a lot to give up on someone who is already making noise that he wants to return to Vic one day.

That's why I think the Eagles should trade pick 1 and try to grab multiple first round picks. They need as many first rounders into their team as they can at this early stage of their rebuild.
Yeah I wouldn't target Reid unless we could give him a 10 year contract.

Not sure about that... as looks to have decent strength to play as a key defender.

Worrell I would prefer more as the 3rd tall.

The thing with Keane is he's a poor 1 v 1 player. This year for instance, Keane lost 42% of them which is really bad and it's about the mark he was at with his last year with Collingwood - and he struggled with it in the SANFL. Especially as that seems to be one of those traits that doesn't improve too heavily with experience, it seems it'll always hold him back. Plus a lot of his strengths seem to be more suited to a looser player seeing he flashed a serious intercept game in his short time in the bigs.

Whereas, Worrell isn't great 1 v 1, but he's mid 20s for lost rate which is fine if you can produce offensively. Which he can.

I think pulling the trigger on that switch suits our defense better once we get Murray back.

The thing with Keane is he's a poor 1 v 1 player. This year for instance, Keane lost 42% of them which is really bad and it's about the mark he was at with his last year with Collingwood - and he struggled with it in the SANFL. Especially as that seems to be one of those traits that doesn't improve too heavily with experience, it seems it'll always hold him back. Plus a lot of his strengths seem to be more suited to a looser player seeing he flashed a serious intercept game in his short time in the bigs.

Whereas, Worrell isn't great 1 v 1, but he's mid 20s for lost rate which is fine if you can produce offensively. Which he can.

I think pulling the trigger on that switch suits our defense better once we get Murray back.
Imo, you are making a way too early call for someone who has played very few games.

Imo, we are better off with Worrell as the intercept tall not Keane.

Geez you make some ridiculous statements. Keane has played how many AFL games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keane has shown some really good 1v1 bodywork. I think confidence and game experience he has alot.of upside still
I've got my doubts. In one-on-one marking, he just needs to gauge the umps' tolerance for the push in the back: that should be fixable. He generally looks good with ball in hand, but he seems to have little agility and no idea when the ball hits the ground.

We’re you not suggesting Borlase was no good after playing even less AFL games?
Borlase was brought up playing AFL, he's probably played 200+ games through his junior/senior football

Keane has played 4 VFL games in 2021, 16 SANFL games, 10 AFL games, that's it

About time you gave up on this bullshit.

Borlase was brought up playing AFL, he's probably played 200+ games through his junior/senior football

Keane has played 4 VFL games in 2021, 16 SANFL games, 10 AFL games, that's it

About time you gave up on this bullshit.
Imo, Keane has more upside... purely because Borlase unfortunately doesn't have the size to play on all key forwards.

Keane also more athletic.

Imo, Keane has more upside... purely because Borlase unfortunately doesn't have the size to play on all key forwards.

Keane also more athletic.
You know it, I know it, and so should anyone that has watched AFl.

There is a reason why the club couldn't wait to extend him a further 2 years and Borlase is still waiting likely to see who is available by trade/draft.

Thankyou Carmo!<- The guy that hasnt got a single call right in the 10+ years Ive frequented this board.
That wasn't a very nice thing to say. I'll put aside the obviously incorrect jibe and get to where I was going though, which wasn't an attack or smart comment....

Your join date says Feb this year!? About when Keane arrived.

But now you say you've been on here 10+ years...
You're not Alex are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back