Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane has shown some really good 1v1 bodywork. I think confidence and game experience he has alot.of upside still

I thought he was pretty average in this are during the SANFL finals. Seemed to struggle against the bigger bodied forwards.

Imo, Keane has more upside... purely because Borlase unfortunately doesn't have the size to play on all key forwards.

Keane also more athletic.
PLUS .....Keane didn't complete a full PS .....his fitness, coming from an amateur sport wouldn't be up to the level .....so he's got a lot of catchup to do

You would trade a future 1st and 3 x 2nd rounders for a small forward, because..... Keays and Murphy?

If Cal has Duursma at pick 3 he's likely not available at GC's pick 6.

cal gets it right every time does he? Caddy or sanders look like they could be there. It's weird though, you challenging who to get at 6 whilst effectively conceding you haven't the faintest idea who you want to keep the later first and seconds for.

You know it, I know it, and so should anyone that has watched AFl.

There is a reason why the club couldn't wait to extend him a further 2 years and Borlase is still waiting likely to see who is available by trade/draft.

the club also prioritised extending Murphy and Sloane over crouch, I wouldn't be using LM decisions as support for any list management views.

Last edited:
Imo, Keane has more upside... purely because Borlase unfortunately doesn't have the size to play on all key forwards.

Keane also more athletic.
It wasn’t a comparison between the two, Bicks was happy to say Borlase is no good after 4 AFL games yet gives shit to other people for criticizing Keane after 10 AFL games.
I’m sure you can see the hypocrisy.

It wasn’t a comparison between the two, Bicks was happy to say Borlase is no good after 4 AFL games yet gives s**t to other people for criticizing Keane after 10 AFL games.

Bicks is a huge stat guy, until it doesn't suit his argument and then stats are useless, only eyes matter. Well, not any set of eyes, just his. And of course half a dozen years in the system is meaningless if he can dig up an u18 bio to refute a view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cal gets it right every time does he? Caddy or sanders look like they could be there. It's weird though, you challenging who to get at 6 whilst effectively conceding you haven't the faintest idea who you want to keep the later first and seconds for.

It's weird is it?

I'm not the one proposing to trade 4 picks for someone. It's more weird you want to trade 4 picks for no one in particular. It's like it's just based on the 'vibe' of pick 6 and how you feel rather than any real analysis of the draft.

I have mentioned Ashton Moir could be a suitable McAdam replacement in the 2nd round.

Sanders going to North?

If you think Caddy can be that A grade mid we need, then thank you for answering.

further, I think I need to check your view on paying 5 for a small forward.

Rachele is clearly a mid/forward.

It's weird is it?

I'm not the one proposing to trade 4 picks for someone. It's more weird you want to trade 4 picks for no one in particular. It's like it's just based on the 'vibe' of pick 6 and how you feel rather than any real analysis of the draft.

I have mentioned Ashton Moir could be a suitable McAdam replacement in the 2nd round.

Sanders going to North?

If you think Caddy can be that A grade mid we need, then thank you for answering.

Rankine?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It wasn’t a comparison between the two, Bicks was happy to say Borlase is no good after 4 AFL games yet gives s**t to other people for criticizing Keane after 10 AFL games.
Fair enough.

I don't have an issue keeping Borlase as a rookie but imo Keane has more upside.

It's weird is it?

Sanders going to North?

try Rankine, he's a small forward that we paid 5 for. And yes, it's weird. These are assets where their only determinable value is the player(s) that can be gained from them and how that helps our goal of premiership success. It's equally encumbent upon those wanting to not trade picks to explain the foundations of their view.

Re Moir, I'd argue that McAdam doesn't need 'replacing'. We need more A grade talent in the 22, not 'replacing' of existing pieces as if we've somehow already put together some form of masterful structure.

Na, he's always banging on about Rachele being a small forward.

no I'm not, although there are doubts as to whether he can develop the tank required. Which is why paying 6 for what was a small forward hoping they can become a pick 6 worthy mid is not without risk. But pick 5 is a pretty obvious clue as to who I was talking about, care to reconcile your two contradictory positions in that?

try Rankine, he's a small forward that we paid 5 for. And yes, it's weird. These are assets where their only determinable value is the player(s) that can be gained from them and how that helps our goal of premiership success. It's equally encumbent upon those wanting to not trade picks to explain the foundations of their view.

Re Moir, I'd argue that McAdam doesn't need 'replacing'. We need more A grade talent in the 22, not 'replacing' of existing pieces as if we've somehow already put together some form of masterful structure.

I can see why you like him. He looks to be a fine forward, even if he never transitions to midfield.

no I'm not, although there are doubts as to whether he can develop the tank required. Which is why paying 6 for what was a small forward hoping they can become a pick 6 worthy mid is not without risk. But pick 5 is a pretty obvious clue as to who I was talking about, care to reconcile your two contradictory positions in that?

I wouldn't use a pick 6 on a small forward 2 years after using pick 5 on a small forward.

You don't think that's way too much to invest into that position?

Where did you hear this ? ......because i've heard media snippets from club personnel, saying the opposite ....Rankine has the tank

He's already gone back to Ireland (from Collingwood), and he's come back to AFL/Crows ... so hopefully much less of a flight risk second time around.
Has Keane stayed in Australia this off season ? .....IIRC his partner was coming out to permanently join him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back