Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board reminds me a lonely guy who has just been hit up by a “Victorian secret model” on Tinder.

Sure it most likely a catfish who will fleece us of our savings, but we are willing to forget that in the slight chance we could have a hot date with a beautiful woman who is contacting us because our picture of a slightly overweight middle-aged man is actually “her thing”.

THIS!!!!

(and i'm here for it)

Just a question for the sell the farm advocates, a proposed series of trades on another board has us trading for 4 from GC, then packaging that with 9 and Thilthorpe for Oliver.

Overall cost is pick 9, F1, 4 2nd round picks and Riley Thilthorpe. Is that too much?

I’m happy to throw every pick we have for the next 5 years, but no to trading any of our young players.

I like the idea of packaging up all our seconds for Ports F1. 9, our F1 and Ports F1, plus McAdam, is overs (which I would pay). No need to throw in Thilthorpe or Rachele as people are saying.

The last time this happened I almost prematurely named my son Jeremy Cameron.

I am not falling for this again.
Of course this is going to end in salty Crows tears, but at least it was a fun ride.:rainbow:

They want another ruck apparently as backup for Max. Not sure why they do but they can have ROB.

I think you missed my point.

Max is 31, if he plays full time ruck he’s probably done in 2-3 years. If he has a more 50-50 ruck/forward split and can rest 2-3 games a season he might get 4-5 more years. He’ll also be fresh as a daisy when they want to unleash him in finals.

It’s what they could do with Jackson and what I believe they were hoping they could do with Grundy. The problem is Grundy doesn’t fit if he’s not rucking. Now they’re forced to try and get rid of him.

ROB would be even less versatile than Grundy, so I don’t see why Melbourne would be interested.

I’m happy to throw every pick we have for the next 5 years, but no to trading any of our young players.

I like the idea of packaging up all our seconds for Ports F1. 9, our F1 and Ports F1, plus McAdam, is overs (which I would pay). No need to throw in Thilthorpe or Rachele as people are saying.

I don't know if I'd go that far.

Thilthorpe, Rankine and Rachele are a firm no, but if Pedlar was the difference between Oliver or not? I think you'd be mad to retain Pedlar.

Last edited:

This.

Take Carlton as a cautionary tale. I doubt anyone would have said it was a mistake when they sent Josh Kennedy off to West Coast to get Judd over. Yet looking back it’s hard to argue the Eagles didn’t win that trade.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and we have a seriously good bird in Thilthorpe.

Rubbish. It's factually what happened. We offered those three first round picks to North for JHF and they were silly enough to turn us down.

We then used those same picks for Dawson, Rachele and Rankine. Fact.

We don't get any of those players without three first round picks.
Ok you’re working on the assumption there is only one way for us to complete trades. Is that how it works? We’ve got a first rounder this year haven’t we? Could we not have used that on Rankine for example?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a question for the sell the farm advocates, a proposed series of trades on another board has us trading for 4 from GC, then packaging that with 9 and Thilthorpe for Oliver.

Overall cost is pick 9, F1, 4 2nd round picks and Riley Thilthorpe. Is that too much?
No chance of adding in any of Thilthorpe, Rankine, Dawson, Rachele, Michalanney or Pedlar imo in any trade..outside of that I would listen

Pick 9 + Fogarty for Oliver????? with a promising and similar style player in Welsh coming in at the end of next year!!!

No chance of adding in any of Thilthorpe, Rankine, Dawson, Rachele, Michalanney or Pedlar imo in any trade..outside of that I would listen

Pick 9 + Fogarty for Oliver????? with a promising and similar style player in Welsh coming in at the end of next year!!!
Give them McHenry and throw in sholl for free...

It’s can confirm it’s happening.

Heard it straight from Beau Waters mum at a dinner party.

This board reminds me a lonely guy who has just been hit up by a “Victorian secret model” on Tinder.

Sure it is most likely a catfish who will fleece us of our savings, but we are willing to forget that in the slight chance we could have a hot date with a beautiful woman who is contacting us because our picture of a slightly overweight middle-aged man is actually “her thing”.

If your entire life depends upon marrying a super model and you've no other leads...

I think you move Pedlar on long before you consider Fogarty. Ditto Michalanny. Nothing against either, however we live and die on our forward line in this window regardless what occurs with Oliver and forward lines are driven by their key forwards. It also leaves open to move Thilthorpe to ruck, if we're infatuated with the idea of having the next Grundy.

Really, the only untradable players would be Thilthorpe, Rankine, Dawson, Rachele and Fogarty.

As much as he has a contract lasting until free agency, a standout option if this comes down to moving a top-tier kid on would be Soligo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back