Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the stock standard response IMO.

They don't want to knock his value down to much as they shove him out the door.

As someone has said the genie is out of the bottle and this doesn't do much to say he is wanted and needed more so a conform to our rules or go.

I'm still in the boat he leaves but whether it is to us or not is a different story.

Not as good as a midfield of Dawson, Oliver, Pedlar, Soligo, Rachele, Rankine. No room for Crouch or Laird. Laird can play down back.

That's ahh, optimistic bordering on delusional.

When stuff like this starts coming out, it often means that the genie is out of the bottle.

Once that happens it's pretty hard to put it back in.

This gives me hope that bridges may have been burned and there's no going back.
Tend to agree. This just pours fuel on the fire of unmendable relationships.

So crows and Melbourne players both know Clayton Oliver is open to a move to join the Crows and reunite with fitness boss Darren Burgess

Really does seem like were the only team he's interested in tbh. it's all to do with rejoining Burgess.

Dont fire Burgess whatever we do. Burgess lives closeby and i often bump into him on my daily walk. Will ask him the possibility of Oliver coming over if i see him.

So Melbourne get Edmund to put that piece out which includes ultimatums.

If Oliver says no to some of them then they can’t keep him and they have to trade him.

I wonder if Oliver is playing Melbourne with some of his antics? Perhaps he knows him being unhappy with their PT department wasn’t enough for them to release him. He becomes erratic post season and gives them more reason to let him go. Perhaps he learnt from JHF.

So Melbourne get Edmund to put that piece out which includes ultimatums.

If Oliver says no to some of them then they can’t keep him and they have to trade him.

I wonder if Oliver is playing Melbourne with some of his antics? Perhaps he knows him being unhappy with their PT department wasn’t enough for them to release him. He becomes erratic post season and gives them more reason to let him go. Perhaps he learnt from JHF.
His stance on ice baths could prove pivotal!

Bit of a change up from the Oliver chat. I’m getting in early before we find out he ain’t coming.

I have it from a pretty decent source (OC footy link) that the greyhound stuff at Port Adelaide is:
1. Pretty grubby, and involves some very poor treatment of dogs by those who manage the animals.
2. Linked to a salary cap work around for the players involved. Seen by the club as a way to avoid the cap.

This has for the most part avoided media coverage so far. Unsure why, maybe because it’s Port who seem to fit into that fortunate position of no-one cares and not having a target on their back like the Crows seem to.

You can PM me for more, but that’s pretty much as much detail as I have right now. Will post more if I get it.
I’ll take a pm thanks mate!

Fair to say that Edmund article is a MFC leak?
Would say so. Puts them in the driver's seat in terms of if he stays then it's cause cause Melbourne were the grown-up in the room that got Oliver back on track, if he leaves it's because he didn't want to adhere to the standards they demand, so it's on Oliver, not them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although I suspect the likely outcome to all of this it is the most exciting news since the proposed BigFooty.com Crows board get together.

I also suspect I was going to rsvp along with 24 other board members, buy a new shirt, arrive at the Austral and realise it was just me and Alex…

but it’s fun to dream.

Although I suspect the likely outcome to all of this it is the most exciting news since the proposed BigFooty.com Crows board get together.

I also suspect I was going to rsvp along with 24 other board members, buy a new shirt, arrive at the Austral and realise it was just me and Alex…

but it’s fun to dream.
Bay 119 was also big for this board hell the club gave a bunch of random free tickets and we went and attempted one song at the game and were like nah **** this

My opinion - Oliver told Melbourne he wants a trade to the Crows. Board meeting last night was to discuss what to do and how to control the story. Media this morning stinks of a club trying to manage blow-back.
Agree. The article stinks of a Melbourne scripted response to the media outrage yesterday, and prepare their fans to the fact that they are not at fault, they did their best, but Oliver couldnt be managed.

Bit of a change up from the Oliver chat. I’m getting in early before we find out he ain’t coming.

I have it from a pretty decent source (OC footy link) that the greyhound stuff at Port Adelaide is:
1. Pretty grubby, and involves some very poor treatment of dogs by those who manage the animals.
2. Linked to a salary cap work around for the players involved. Seen by the club as a way to avoid the cap.

This has for the most part avoided media coverage so far. Unsure why, maybe because it’s Port who seem to fit into that fortunate position of no-one cares and not having a target on their back like the Crows seem to.

You can PM me for more, but that’s pretty much as much detail as I have right now. Will post more if I get it.
PM please

It also gives Reidy and co a huge out.

“We explored bringing Clayton into our footy club……..didn’t happen ran out of time and ladies and gentlemen I present…..Chris Burgess. “

We had a crack at Dustin Martin, Luke Parker, Jeremy Cameron, JHF in recent times.
Hopefully the difference here is that it actually happens.
YUP. Plus Day and Redman. All absolute A graders and has brought in uber talented Rankine and Dawson the last 2 years. People saying we havent been aggressive in recent years are talking crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back