Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this is true one doesn't mean we get involved on both sides

Melbourne want to move on Oliver ( or at least recognize his value is skyhigh now ) and we would like him at the AFC

How they get Reid is their problem. We can only give so much - it's up to Melbourne to get the next deal done

Having Reid at pick 1 will make losing Oliver acceptable. That's the fine line MFC have to tread
While I agree with this, if we can make that process easier for Melb the deal becomes more likely for us - so we do have an interest in trying to make it happen

I'll probably get a ban for this but this is just laughable and even worse then yesterday's thought.

9 for Wines?

I get that they put completely stupid shit out there just because they need to fill time and produce content that gets clicks but f**k me that one is bad. I wonder if Cooney is actually that much of a space cadet or he is just happy to be the sacrificial lamb and make good money for it.

Gary Lyon said this morning that Oliver was at Melbourne HQ yesterday and did make a phone call to their new midfield coach, McQualter. All he took out of that was that he’s not completely ignoring people at Melbourne as late as yesterday, has no line of sight on whether he stays or leaves.

yep, remember seeing him in the coverage
231bd2da079a256ed82fa414e4db57f9

The article says this

In recent days, however, Oliver has shown a willingness to return to the fold. He has put his hand up to say that his living arrangements and social lifestyle hasn’t been befitting of an AFL player.

Yet the reports from last night were he's open to a move to the Crows and players from both clubs know about it.

I know you can’t just smash b and c grade players to get an a grader. Quantity doesn’t equal quality etc etc.

But I’d be happy to see Gollant or Berry included if need be or used to get back into the draft. Obviously our Murphs/McHenrys/sholls/Bergs and co will get us nothing but the first two mentioned at least have some value.

I had thought one of those may be added - and would be comfortable to do so.

Really if don’t lose any of the 8-9 core youngsters we are building the squad around then all systems go I think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This trade is dependent on us acquiring pick 4. We know we have been into it for a while, we didn't know why as it didn't get us a mid. Now we know, we need it to trade to Melbourne, who can then on trade to West Coast.

WC may when require 4 and 5 or 4 and 9 to be traded for pick 2, North would probably do that.

WC get 2 and 5, North get 4 and 9, (and another pick 3 for McKay), Melbourne get 1.

For the news to slip out, we must be close to getting pick 4.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of a change up from the Oliver chat. I’m getting in early before we find out he ain’t coming.

I have it from a pretty decent source (OC footy link) that the greyhound stuff at Port Adelaide is:
1. Pretty grubby, and involves some very poor treatment of dogs by those who manage the animals.
2. Linked to a salary cap work around for the players involved. Seen by the club as a way to avoid the cap.

This has for the most part avoided media coverage so far. Unsure why, maybe because it’s Port who seem to fit into that fortunate position of no-one cares and not having a target on their back like the Crows seem to.

You can PM me for more, but that’s pretty much as much detail as I have right now. Will post more if I get it.

I honestly doubt this.

There's nowhere near enough money to be made in greyhound racing to be supplementing football player incomes with it.

I don't doubt that there's a few players at Port involved in it, but it's most probably more as a pass time than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am normally an optimist but I just can’t see Oliver in the red, yellow and blue.

Melbourne have won a single premiership in 60 years, they should have won a second flag in the last two years but have a very unbalanced list. Best ruck in the league, fantastic midfield, excellent defence and a very average forward line. If they could turn Oliver into a gun tall forward then that makes sense. Unfortunately the only gun tall forward we have is Tex (and he is going nowhere).

What I have noticed is that once again the usual suspects have used the unlikely arrival of Oliver to pour sh** on Rory Laird. Trade him, move him to the back lines etc.

1) Our coaches are wrong (check B&F results since he has moved to the midfield).

2) Opposition coaches are wrong (check AFLCA votes since he moved to the midfield)

3) The umpires are wrong (check Brownlow votes since he moved to the midfield)

4) The media are wrong (check media awards since he moved to the midfield)

Nah, the Crows Bigfooty Experts know he is a spud midfielder.

While I agree with this, if we can make that process easier for Melb the deal becomes more likely for us - so we do have an interest in trying to make it happen

Correct. We would need to be involved in a 3-4 club trade scenario to ensure Melbourne get what they want for this to happen

The article says this

In recent days, however, Oliver has shown a willingness to return to the fold. He has put his hand up to say that his living arrangements and social lifestyle hasn’t been befitting of an AFL player.

Yet the reports from last night were he's open to a move to the Crows and players from both clubs know about it.
I still think it’s incredibly unlikely. But let’s say he has chosen to move, it would be in Melbourne’s best interest to not seem so desperate

I honestly doubt this.

There's nowhere near enough money to be made in greyhound racing to be supplementing football player incomes with it.

I don't doubt that there's a few players at Port involved in it, but it's most probably more as a pass time than anything else.
Who said the money was being generated by the Greyhounds?

Bit of a change up from the Oliver chat. I’m getting in early before we find out he ain’t coming.

I have it from a pretty decent source (OC footy link) that the greyhound stuff at Port Adelaide is:
1. Pretty grubby, and involves some very poor treatment of dogs by those who manage the animals.
2. Linked to a salary cap work around for the players involved. Seen by the club as a way to avoid the cap.

This has for the most part avoided media coverage so far. Unsure why, maybe because it’s Port who seem to fit into that fortunate position of no-one cares and not having a target on their back like the Crows seem to.

You can PM me for more, but that’s pretty much as much detail as I have right now. Will post more if I get it.
Sounds like something Rooch should go to the AFL about…

Oh wait, wrong club.

I am normally an optimist but I just can’t see Oliver in the red, yellow and blue.

Melbourne have won a single premiership in 60 years, they should have won a second flag in the last two years but have a very unbalanced list. Best ruck in the league, fantastic midfield, excellent defence and a very average forward line. If they could turn Oliver into a gun tall forward then that makes sense. Unfortunately the only gun tall forward we have is Tex (and he is going nowhere).

What I have noticed is that once again the usual suspects have used the unlikely arrival of Oliver to pour sh** on Rory Laird. Trade him, move him to the back lines etc.

1) Our coaches are wrong (check B&F results since he has moved to the midfield).

2) Opposition coaches are wrong (check AFLCA votes since he moved to the midfield)

3) The umpires are wrong (check Brownlow votes since he moved to the midfield)

4) The media are wrong (check media awards since he moved to the midfield)

Nah, the Crows Bigfooty Experts know he is a spud midfielder.

Considering he had to work around Tex's year and Rankine being another who took up a lot of offensive production - I think you could make a fair case for Fogarty as well. Especially as he flexed a bit more creativity and around the ground impact.

After all, being a forward becomes harder when someone else gets hot, as it is a numbers game.

McLeod is the most successful trade in our history. But at the time he was an unknown, and it wasnt a shock trade. Turned out amazing for us, but it wasn't known for a few years.

Oliver is a superstar already. Thats very different.
Only in hindsight though. At the time it was just another run of the mill trade.

Does old Pasadena Sports Store suggest these ridiculous scenarios to trump Cornes or has he actually lost his mind?

Could absolutely see them ask for Fog or Thilthorpe. In fact they should.

I think pick 9 is. Given and probably F1 as well

No way both players but it probably is about where this starts. Whether our seconds help them get another player who knows

Would you do 9,F1 and Thilthorpe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back