List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't doubt his overall handle, but there'll be blind spots there, as with everyone. The fascination with left footers isn't an issue, but I could barely name a noticeably slow player below 195cm from any of the past seven flag teams.

Clarko doesn't strike me as someone who'd subscribe to the chaos ball philosophy but it's undeniable that good movers are becoming more important to teams. All over the field
Clarko doesn't imitate trends, he sets them.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I don't doubt his overall handle, but there'll be blind spots there, as with everyone. The fascination with left footers isn't an issue, but I could barely name a noticeably slow player below 195cm from any of the past seven flag teams.

Clarko doesn't strike me as someone who'd subscribe to the chaos ball philosophy but it's undeniable that good movers are becoming more important to teams. All over the field

On noticeably slow player to win flags…
Just this year: Lipinski and Pendlebury.
Also…this would mean Sheezel can’t win a flag.

On noticeably slow player to win flags…
Just this year: Lipinski and Pendlebury.
Also…this would mean Sheezel can’t win a flag.
Pendlebury's a fair rebuttal. One in a million player though. Bonner doesn't have that evasiveness. Sheezel can move well enough to the point that his slowness doesn't stick out. Likewise with Lipinski

Clarko doesn't imitate trends, he sets them.

He certainly set a trend at the Hawks. Lightning struck twice with Hughes, Jeans, Barassi, Parkin, Malthouse, Matthews. Hopefully Clarko joins them, but that doesn't mean some of his decisions shouldn't be questioned and debated

Don’t care who we bring in as long as McDonald is not in the AFL side as his no longer a walk up start he has gone down in the rankings to the 25th to 30th player on the list.
Start him in the VFL make him stay there until his form becomes too good then recall him to the AFL as a angry player with the attitude that will make him hungry to stay in the AFL.
He has been protected by the coaches in the past and his form has declined and his attitude was of a player I can’t be dropped as I’m the captain.
Clarkson needs to put all players on notice the days being 💩 are over if we want the NMFC to be successful we need to get ruthless it’s been nearly 25 years since have won a flag and the supporters want success.

He certainly set a trend at the Hawks. Lightning struck twice with Hughes, Jeans, Barassi, Parkin, Malthouse, Matthews. Hopefully Clarko joins them, but that doesn't mean some of his decisions shouldn't be questioned and debated
I'm content to put my faith on him and back that he knows more than me.

Don’t care who we bring in as long as McDonald is not in the AFL side as his no longer a walk up start he has gone down in the rankings to the 25th to 30th player on the list.
Start him in the VFL make him stay there until his form becomes too good then recall him to the AFL as a angry player with the attitude that will make him hungry to stay in the AFL.
He has been protected by the coaches in the past and his form has declined and his attitude was of a player I can’t be dropped as I’m the captain.
Clarkson needs to put all players on notice the days being 💩 are over if we want the NMFC to be successful we need to get ruthless it’s been nearly 25 years since have won a flag and the supporters want success.
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he cared more about his event business more than footy atm. I can see him finishing out the last 2 years of his contract then gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Bonner be there for our next flag or depth for now? Easily the latter.
That's fair. I just don't think a team trying to build towards something has any use for players like him. Bergman, Fisher, Goater, McDonald (yes I know, but his best is much better than what he showed this year), Sheezel, and maybe Stephens or Scott should be able to handle his role. A bottom team picking him up is stagnating, plain and simple. It was the same with Tucker, but that was ok because the obvious jewel of that deal was Logue, not Tucker

My old boss was a close friend of a Melbourne committee man when Jacko was playing there. This guy was telling us about a road trip he did with Jacko to some place up north for a sportsman's night. He was apparently petrified of the drive but it turned out Jacko was pretty sensible and good company in the car. However, when they stopped for petrol the Jacko show was in full flight for the other customers and the servo staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back