List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand this, but I reckon Shiel is cooked. The thought of getting an aging Bomber on our list has triggered me.

Don't want him anywhere near Moorabbin.

There's a perfectly good midfield position for him on the Gold Coast at the Suns.
I've heard Shiel is taking a tour of the rehab center down at RSEA park tomorrow.

We aren't offering 800k to McKay. We aren't offering 700k to Gresham. Both are in the early 600k range.
Da F****K? Why would Gresh bother moving for that?

If he wants average money he would go to Carlton to play with his family and actually play finals. Or stay at St.Kilda and actually play finals like he did this year. Only way he goes to team not playing finals (thats you by the way, the team that hasnt won a final in 6744 days) is if you pay him more money then the other offers.

Same goes for McKay. If you dont offer band 1 money the Roos will just match. Then you have to use draft capital you badly need to add talent to a list that has precious little of it.

Not sure you understand restricted free agency mate. Its where you overpay so you dont have to use draft picks.

I know 2 decades of Dodoro as your list manager makes you think you are still a big club and your s**t dont stink, but outside of North (and maybe GC) you are 1000% the least attractive destination in football.

You had the % of a bottom 4 team, played like a bottom four team for the second half of the year, and there is no reason to think you will improve next year. Your best players (Merritt, Parish & Ridley) are in the second half of their career and arent getting any better, and your team has absolutely zero decent KPP talent. Your best player under 24 is who? Caldwell? Perkins?? Some guy you will name that cant get on the park because he is permanently injured?

So what exactly are you going to sell a recruit on? Playing finals in front of big crowds at the G? Hell, that worked great for Goddard. And Stringer. And Saad. And Shiel. Who collectively all won 0 finals with you! Nobody with 3 brain cells is buying that BS anymore. We have multiple players with finals experience who couldnt even go potty last time Essendon won a final. Nobody is coming there for that 'big club' crap.

Things are getting a lot worse for you before they get better, and the only thing you have to offer is cash. And truckloads of it. So there is no point coming in here and saying "we are too good to overpay for players"

Its literally all you have to offer

Last edited:

If he wants average money he would go to Carlton to play with his family and actually play finals. Or stay at St.Kilda and actually play finals like he did this year. Only way he goes to team not playing finals (thats you by the way, the team that hasnt won a final in 6744 days) is if you pay him more money then the other offers.

Same goes for McKay. If you dont offer band 1 money the Roos will just match. Then you have to use draft capital you badly need to add talent to a list that has precious little of it.

Not sure you understand restricted free agency mate. Its where you overpay so you dont have to use draft picks.

I know 2 decades of Dodoro as your list manager makes you think you are still a big club and your s**t dont stink, but outside of North (and maybe GC) you are 1000% the least attractive destination in football.

You have the % of a bottom 4 team and there is no reason to think you will improve next year. Your best players (Merritt, Parish & Ridley) are in the second half of their career and arent getting any better, and your team has 0 decent KPP talent. Your best player under 24 is who? Caldwell? Perkins?? Some guy you will name that cant get on the park because he is permanently injured?

So what exactly are you going to sell a recruit on? Playing finals in front of big crowds at the G? Hell, that worked great for Goddard. And Stringer. And Saad. And Shiel. Who collectively all won 0 finals with you! Nobody with 3 brain cells is buying that BS anymore. We have multiple players with finals experience who couldnt even go potty last time Essendon won a final. Nobody is coming there for that 'big club' crap.

Things are getting a lot worse for you before they get better, and blind freddy can see that. Only thing you have to offer is cash. And truckloads of it. So there is no point coming in here and saying "we are too good to overpay for players"

Class rant 🤩

I don't expect any player to be delisted until they find suitable replacements - we have de-listed 4 and those spots were made available for our draft picks.

Players like Jones and McKenzie will be kept if they really think they could get them back on the park but even then it will only be because they have not been able to find suitable replacements.

However if we do get Dow , Jordon , Shiel etc I fully expect they will be gone.

The last 40 pages talking about Gresham and Shiel has been thrilling reading.

Day Valentine GIF
pr0n-masturbation.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, so we can match.

If the club wanted him they’d have sorted it out months ago… spin it however you like.

I have a big ego and think i'm worth a million bucks a year.
You think i'm ok but worth half that.

That's not spin.
Its only as simple as "want/don't wan't , or like/don't like to people who take a simple approach to things.

Yep, so we can match.

If the club wanted him they’d have sorted it out months ago… spin it however you like.
Even though you just saw the coach state publicy that his manager requested we didn't make an offer.

You must be taking the piss. What should they have done, told the manager to nick off and force him to look at our offer? Holy hell this thread delivers.

He wants to leave to play more at the MCG and make more money.

He literally got dropped in the middle of this year - that doesn't happen to someone who isn't easy to replace.
Ross Lyon is willing to give any player a good crack , you only have to look at Bennell - he caused problems all the time but Lyon stuck by him.
For Lyon to really let Gresham walk out without a fight shows to me he has seen enough this year to say we can get better.
Knowing Lyons game plan if you don't have the endurance you just don't cut it.

Even though you just saw the coach state publicy that his manager requested we didn't make an offer.

You must be taking the piss. What should they have done, told the manager to nick off and force him to look at our offer? Holy hell this thread delivers.
So… in his exit interview of the year his contract expires we haven't made an offer to him, does that strike you as unusual for a player a club wanted to keep?

That's just spin, didn't you know that ;)

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So… in his exit interview of the year his contract expires we haven't made an offer to him, does that strike you as unusual for a player a club wanted to keep?
No, as was stated, Gresham wanted to test the market as is his right. Saints were waiting until after he tested it to make an offer.

Clearly he's had an offer

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You had the % of a bottom 4 team, played like a bottom for team for the second half of the year, and there is no reason to think you will improve next year. Your best players (Merritt, Parish & Ridley) are in the second half of their career and arent getting any better, and your team has absolutely zero decent KPP talent. Your best player under 24 is who? Caldwell? Perkins?? Some guy you will name that cant get on the park because he is permanently injured?

Things are getting a lot worse for you before they get better, and the only thing you have to offer is cash. And truckloads of it. So there is no point coming in here and saying "we are too good to overpay for players"

One of the best rants I think I have read.

Bravo Enclosed_Animal Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back