2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby Murray has a lot of impress traits for a guy his size. Fairly quick, good contested mark and neat kicking skills.

Agree, concerned he's got a bit of the Himmelbergs in that he seems great at getting two hands to the ball in a contested situation but doesn't seem to hang on to a huge amount of them.

I know Matt Ling was talked about heavily for the mid season draft and missed due to suspension, but surely he’s on an AFL list again next year? I would hope we are exploring him for at least the rookie draft, if not a late pick in the main draft. Classy left footer and knows how to find plenty of the ball.

Agree, concerned he's got a bit of the Himmelbergs in that he seems great at getting two hands to the ball in a contested situation but doesn't seem to hang on to a huge amount of them.
Haven’t noticed that tbh and Himmelberg’s contested marking has been good the last couple of years. Can take these big guys a bit longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contrast the last two long kicks forward from Welsh (hoofing it) vs McHenry trying short spot ups that turnover and they can kick into the forward 50 since we haven't carried it far away

Curtin showed some genuinely good tackling ability these two games in the midfield. When he tackles they stay tackled and aren’t able to get arms free, should get him plenty of HTB decisions his way over time.

Welsh with a good 2nd half too, his speed is going to be his point of difference at AFL level.

Curtin showed some genuinely good tackling ability these two games in the midfield. When he tackles they stay tackled and aren’t able to get arms free, should get him plenty of HTB decisions his way over time.

Welsh with a good 2nd half too, his speed is going to be his point of difference at AFL level.
I'm not sure Welsh playing for our twos has been best for his development.
He would probably be getting a better look at the Eagles with their delivery.

I'm not sure Welsh playing for our twos has been best for his development.
He would probably be getting a better look at the Eagles with their delivery.
Why give him false hope for his AFL career?

Our AFL delivery is just as bad.

Jones probably our best, or maybe Borlase, Murray next best, I'd have Curtin after that and then Gollant, honorable mention for Ryan but hard day in the backlines.

Curtins best game so far and considering how the team went it was a pretty good effort. That's his first making-a-case for AFL game as far as I'm concerned.

I genuinely don't understand how Curtin was ever made to play so deep in defence for us.

He screams play maker.

If and when Nicks gets the boot, you'd think the first thing any coach will do is get him in the 1st team playing midfield or atleast high half back

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back