2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One more game of Curtin playing midfield in the sanfl and unleash him at AO against the Hawks in 2 weeks, then leave him there rest of the season
Its been a pity that most of the ovals (mudpiles) and conditions (slippery) haven't suited a guy like him since he seemed to get some form. Never know, next week hopefully.

I genuinely don't understand how Curtin was ever made to play so deep in defence for us.

He screams play maker.

If and when Nicks gets the boot, you'd think the first thing any coach will do is get him in the 1st team playing midfield or atleast high half back
Nearly as bad as playing Fog at CHB in the sanfl, for his development

Curtin comfortably our best player today as a midfielder.

22 disposals, 4 clearances, 7 tackles and 2 goals. Would have had a heap of score involvements too.

These weren’t rushed disposals either. Genuinely classy clearances and tackles that just stick, which is how he got both his two goals. Has a clever sidestep on him too that gets him out of tricky situations and then usually laces out someone on his left. Zero doubt about his strength in the contest today, which has looked a little suss at times this year.

I genuinely don't understand how Curtin was ever made to play so deep in defence for us.

He screams play maker.

If and when Nicks gets the boot, you'd think the first thing any coach will do is get him in the 1st team playing midfield or atleast high half back
I understood trying him down back as he can be a playmaker from there too, but playing him deep defense was never going to be beneficial to us long term.

All I can say is that the top ups were very bad today. Even the better ones had bad days. Couple them to McHeadless and Schoenberg we were never in it.

Has Strachan checked out now it's become clear he's only a break glass in emergency option for the AFL team? That would have to have been his worst ever performance today and a big reason we got belted in the midfield. Boyd just obliterated him in almost every facet of the game.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Welsh reminds me a bit of Tex at this age.
We should be moulding Welsh into a “Jake Stringer” like big bodied mid/forward…

At 191cm, even if he puts 1 or 2 more cm’s on he’s not gonna be a modern day KPF.. not tall enough.. they are all 195cm and above these days..

He’s got the speed and skills to play through the middle..

Jones probably our best, or maybe Borlase, Murray next best, I'd have Curtin after that and then Gollant, honorable mention for Ryan but hard day in the backlines.

Curtins best game so far and considering how the team went it was a pretty good effort. That's his first making-a-case for AFL game as far as I'm concerned.
Curtin had 22 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 clearances and 2 goals. Absolutely our best.

We should be moulding Welsh into a “Jake Stringer” like big bodied mid/forward…

At 191cm, even if he puts 1 or 2 more cm’s on he’s not gonna be a modern day KPF.. not tall enough.. they are all 195cm and above these days..

He’s got the speed and skills to play through the middle..
Yes to the bolded,
minus the midfield bit.

Jones probably our best, or maybe Borlase, Murray next best, I'd have Curtin after that and then Gollant, honorable mention for Ryan but hard day in the backlines.

Curtins best game so far and considering how the team went it was a pretty good effort. That's his first making-a-case for AFL game as far as I'm concerned.
Curtin was way better than Jones, he was easily our best. Borlase and Murray did well at either end of the ground, but neither had the impact on the game Curtin had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be some serious disconnect between the recruiters and the coaching staff. I am more sure than ever that Curtin was recruited to be a midfielder, what dumbass decided to play him deep full back for 14 weeks. Particularly when that’s the one position we aren’t deficient in.

There must be some serious disconnect between the recruiters and the coaching staff. I am more sure than ever that Curtin was recruited to be a midfielder, what dumbass decided to play him deep full back for 14 weeks. Particularly when that’s the one position we aren’t deficient in.
Agreed absolute joke. Wasted almost a year already and can't imagine he's that impressed himself. Such a backwater embarrassing club.

Haha just realised there's 2 bald headed maggots umpiring today, it's the bearded bald headed maggot that continues to ream us
There seems to be a clear correlation between baldness and being shit at umpiring at SANFL level.

Although there is a silver haired maggot whose total lack of ability to umpire is Olympian in scope.

He didn’t play deep full back for 14 weeks, stop making up shit. He played ONE game as a FB on McBean, otherwise has largely played as a 3rd tall defender.

Strangely, even Curtin saw himself as a KPD after his growth spurt in his draftee year and then mentioned moving into the midfield later, maybe that's what we told him after being drafted so he just reiterate what he was told. I thought there was an article that mentioned Hamish tracked his development for years so he must have seen him as a midfielder.

He didn’t play deep full back for 14 weeks, stop making up shit. He played ONE game as a FB on McBean, otherwise has largely played as a 3rd tall defender.

Bullshit hes spent an abundance of time at deep fullback, not just one game, way too much as far as I’m concerned. Sometimes he played full games there, not every game. Then he was moved to some kind of hybrid half back role which was also a failure. Midfield is where he’s looked most comfortable. He’s never been a third tall, that’s the Worrell role.

Bullshit hes spent an abundance of time at deep fullback, not just one game, way too much as far as I’m concerned. Sometimes he played full games there, not every game. Then he was moved to some kind of hybrid half back role which was also a failure. Midfield is where he’s looked most comfortable. He’s never been a third tall, that’s the Worrell role.

He played back for his development, maybe the club thought he could turn into a Rance like defender. If we bring him in again and his man kicks a few goals on him early, we will ask why he can’t defend. Not every player can play the position he was drafted in. Every one needs to take a chill pill and accept that sometimes we plan them in different positions to teach them something. We need to bring them in ready to play AFL regularly, not one game and then dump them back due to an inefficiency. Not every player can perform in the first year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ahaha the “Curtin was drafted as a key defender cuz he played mostly there on 17 year oldz” crew won’t know how to process today.

Curtin will play 0 games as an AFL key defender in his life. Deal with it. Half back flank, wing, and eventually inside mid. Get him in next week and never drop him again.

Ahaha the “Curtin was drafted as a key defender cuz he played mostly there on 17 year oldz” crew won’t know how to process today.

Curtin will play 0 games as an AFL key defender in his life. Deal with it. Half back flank, wing, and eventually inside mid. Get him in next week and never drop him again.
I hate to break it to you, he's already played as a key defender in the AFL

Curtin played as a full back against the allies last year on Jed Walter and did a fine job. He also played as a key forward for some time in another game so I don’t blame them for trying him there earlier in the year when Murray and butts we’re both injured However when he lost confidence I would have changed his position to get him back in the groove

Curtin played as a full back against the allies last year on Jed Walter and did a fine job. He also played as a key forward for some time in another game so I don’t blame them for trying him there earlier in the year when Murray and butts we’re both injured However when he lost confidence I would have changed his position to get him back in the groove

Well I do blame them. They have this prized asset at the club for 20+ hrs a week surely they can at least identify a role he’ll develop well in.

He hasn’t looked natural as a defender to me, not since the first official match sim when he played on Tex.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back