2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Best weekend of footy without Crows involvement.

Bays win.
Norwood choke.
Port smashed.
Cats lose a heartbreaker.

September has rescued my footy year.
Wouldn't say Norwood choked, but it's been a great week of football.

Another Redleg choke!

There are some things that money can’t buy (anymore)…….like a SANFL premiership.
Another? When did they choke before?

It's a stretch to even call today a choke.

Wouldn't say Norwood choked, but it's been a great week of football.
1) Norwood finished top with a 15-3 record. The Bays were 11-7.

2) Norwood thumped Centrals to go straight into the Grand Final.

3) The Legs were almost double Glenelg’s score half way through the third quarter.

4) The Bays kicked 7 goals 3 to 3 goals 3 in the last quarter and a half.

Fair enough, call it a brave loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to my first SANFL Grand Final today since 2013, absolutely amazing match to watch as a neutral, biggest turnout since covid. McBean was a superstar, I never realised how good of a set shot he is. Felt sorry for Finn Heard, sucks to dislocate your shoulder in the opening minutes of a grand final.

1) Norwood finished top with a 15-3 record. The Bays were 11-7.

2) Norwood thumped Centrals to go straight into the Grand Final.

3) The Legs were almost double Glenelg’s score half way through the third quarter.

4) The Bays kicked 7 goals 3 to 3 goals 3 in the last quarter and a half.

Fair enough, call it a brave loss.
I'm a Bays supporter & just thought we had a better 2nd half & had the match winner.

Wouldn't call it a choke by Norwood.

Previous games are irrelevant!

Wouldn't mind seeing the last minute of the game again. Looked to be a blatant free kick to Norwood missed.
Was at the game, and it was definitely a free. We probably didn't deserve the win in the end - they killed us in the air and around the ball all day, but a pretty frustrating way for the game to end.
Screen_Recording_20240922_202928_SANFL Now_1_slow-mo_1.gif

Great game of footy, Beautiful day as it turned out too, Pity my team couldn't get up but the Bays just too good and their supporters around us were very gracious in Victory. Congrats to Glenelg Football club and their supporters.
Agree with that - Bays supporters around us during the game and walking out were all great (particularly given how psyched they must have been).

Great atmosphere all game - SANFL is doing just fine.

Was at the game, and it was definitely a free. We probably didn't deserve the win in the end - they killed us in the air and around the ball all day, but a pretty frustrating way for the game to end.
View attachment 2118735
Reckon he lets him go as soon as he can after the bloke drops the ball.

Great contest and good atmosphere.

McBean would be a better set shot than 80% of the blokes in the AFL.

If any player kicked those seven goals from the same spot at the MCG this weekend they would go straight to the AFL Hall of Fame.

It's remarkable how many easy shots professional footballers miss that sometimes cost games and most just shrug their shoulders.

An amazing game by McBean.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back