2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

4 goals up and lost? How far up do you need to be for a choke?
Comebacks don't always mean the other team choked. Glenelg went up a gear and they just had no match for McBean who went into God mode. No team does when he plays and kicks like that.

The sling tackle was really poor. You can see he dives and creates the movement.

Having said I thought we got a better run earlier in the game so it balanced out.
Ultimately it came down to a lack of run in the last.

Glenelg has so much time and space in that last quarter, and you can't give their mids any of it or they'll hit McBean and Hosie all the time.

And they did.

Panos was cooked and couldn't go anymore, sad end to a very good career.

Never was comfortable, even with that lead, because even though Glenelg were losing the clearances, when they did have the ball they controlled it much better.

The marks stat really told a tale — 31 to 87. Wonder how many of those were inside 50. Felt like about 86.

Bays supporters were pretty classy. They deserved it, hats off to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by the Bays to round out a good weekend of results.
Interesting to note that Glenelg were using Adelaide’s rooms. I don’t recall an SANFL team doing that in a GF before, happy to be wrong. It did make me wonder if Port would ever allow another SANFL club to use theirs…I doubt it.
Adelaide seem to be more inclusive with the SANFL while Port aren’t and it’s to their detriment.

Interesting to note that Glenelg were using Adelaide’s rooms. I don’t recall an SANFL team doing that in a GF before, happy to be wrong. It did make me wonder if Port would ever allow another SANFL club to use theirs…I doubt it.
Adelaide seem to be more inclusive with the SANFL while Port aren’t and it’s to their detriment.
Yeah I think we know the answer to that.

The Crows rooms have been used a few times the past few GF's.

Sturt used them last season, and I'm pretty sure the Eagles used them in the 2020/21 GF's.

Centrals used them throughout this year's finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back