2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood were also two players down for most of the game due to injury.

Picking Panos and Donelly was a big gamble that backfired. Panos was cooked and couldn't run. Donelly apparently had a fractured wrist and McBean gave him a bath.

Taking two injured players into a GF and you run the risk of being in serious trouble if anyone else gets ijured.

Anyone know when the SANFL is supposed to release the re-vamped SANFL rules for playing lists for the Crows and the Powa for 2025. It was reported to be a review happening where changes were mooted?
last i heard Bicks there was still discussions going on amongst SANFL committee and clubs to come up with new rules. It must be getting close though as all teams will be wanting to refresh lists after free agency week is completed.

So we can bring over say Flynn Penry as a development ruck if he goes undrafted and is agreeable? Surely we'd go more for lads out of the CTL than the SANFL given it's a better talent development pathway.

Only thing I can see that may hold that back would be we'd need to find employment outside of footy and somewhere to live?

So we can bring over say Flynn Penry as a development ruck if he goes undrafted and is agreeable? Surely we'd go more for lads out of the CTL than the SANFL given it's a better talent development pathway.

Only thing I can see that may hold that back would be we'd need to find employment outside of footy and somewhere to live?
I reckon we'll end up going half/half for that reason.

Might be the way to bring over a ruck if we yet again fail to draft one.

I wonder how thins is worked out. First in best dressed or for Sa clubs present alignment from where you can obtain players. Or is it split down middle. Crows you can have up to 4. Port same

More details needed

Not sure this makes a lot of sense .....surely our grievance is not about getting more U21 players on our SANFL list

1. 1-8 players U21 .....meh, do we even need this at all

2. Just the 4 over 21+ ....the adding of more senior players to support our youth, is our major need .....I can't see our goal being to raid SANFL Clubs .....it's their paranoia

It should be unlimited 21+ players, with point (2) being a restrictor .....this is the major gripe, not having open age recruiting capabilities similar to SANFL Clubs and VFL Clubs

They forget, our priority is our youth development .....that alone will restrict how many 21+ players we select

Very short sighted again

1727920543140.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure this makes a lot of sense .....surely our grievance is not about getting more U21 players on our SANFL list

1. 1-8 players U21 .....meh, do we even need this at all

2. Just the 4 over 21+ ....the adding of more senior players to support our youth, is our major need .....I can't see our goal being to raid SANFL Clubs .....it's their paranoia

It should be unlimited 21+ players, with point (2) being a restrictor .....this is the major gripe, not having open age recruiting capabilities similar to SANFL Clubs and VFL Clubs

They forget, our priority is our youth development .....that alone will restrict how many 21+ players we select

Very short sighted again

View attachment 2129941

In the VFL, AFL aligned teams must have 15 open age and 15 development (under 22) players on the list and VFL sides must field a minimum of seven under 22 players each week.

Most of the affiliated teams don't field more than 4 players that would qualify under the "Open Age List" in the SANFL.

I assume the existing top up list rules remain so we can fill out the rest of the squad

In the VFL, AFL aligned teams must have 15 open age and 15 development (under 22) players on the list and VFL sides must field a minimum of seven under 22 players each week.

Most of the affiliated teams don't field more than 4 players that would qualify under the "Open Age List" in the SANFL.

I assume the existing top up list rules remain so we can fill out the rest of the squad
Wasn't the issue previously, how many ex AFL / VFL players we could list ?

There won't be too many of those types to move interstate .....due to costs / wages .....increasing from 1 to 4 is more centred around protecting SANFL Clubs .....just a strage set of rules

Wasn't the issue previously, how many ex AFL / VFL players we could list ?

There won't be too many of those types to move interstate .....due to costs / wages .....increasing from 1 to 4 is more centred around protecting SANFL Clubs .....just a strage set of rules

I believe previously we were only allowed one "marquee player", and one "SANFL rookie"

I believe previously we were only allowed one marquee player, and one "SANFL rookie"
Correct ....it appears 21+ players (our greatest need) is not addressed ....other than saying you have to get those 4 players from the SANFL

No mention of 21+ YO players outside of the SANFL ..... AFL / VFL

Correct ....it appears 21+ players (our greatest need) is not addressed ....other than saying you have to get those 4 players from the SANFL

No mention of 21+ YO players outside of the SANFL ..... AFL / VFL

My reading of that post is that we can now sign 4 open list (previously marquee players) from anywhere, SANFL or AFL or wherever. But if we take them from the SANFL, only one from each club.

Personally that sounds great and a huge win for us relative to what we had before

sanfl site has the full details. i dont mind it and i think it's a good enough balance. sanfl clubs dont get raided and it opens up more in terms of recruiting potential players from interstate.

i think while not player related, the investment into the umpiring in this state is critical. have heard before that the numbers are so low that there is a lack of 'senior' umpires in some games and it obviously has an effect on games. while no one likes umpires it is certainly a worse standard in the last 10-15 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back