Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Which realistically available player SHOULD we pick at #4?

• Sid Draper

• Jagga Smith

• Harvey Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern Ranges vs Northern Knights

Jesse Dattoli
- 35D's - 16K's - 19Hb's - 6Mk's - 6T's - 8i50's - 1r50 - 1.1
Christian Moraes - 16D's - 4K's - 12Hb's - 1Mk - 1T - 3i50's - 1.1
Josh Smillie - 26D's - 13K's - 13Hb's - 3Mk's - 2T's - 1i50 - 5r50's - 2.1

I think Lalor has more natural midfield craft than Smillie and yes he does seem to have that burst out of congestion

Not sure Smillie ends up a midfielder , even though I think he will be a good player
I’d be surprised if he doesn’t, his one wood is still to me his work in close

Lack of overhead marking for his size will reduce his impact elsewhere around the ground

Eastern Ranges vs Northern Knights

Jesse Dattoli
- 35D's - 16K's - 19Hb's - 6Mk's - 6T's - 8i50's - 1r50 - 1.1
Christian Moraes - 16D's - 4K's - 12Hb's - 1Mk - 1T - 3i50's - 1.1
Josh Smillie - 26D's - 13K's - 13Hb's - 3Mk's - 2T's - 1i50 - 5r50's - 2.1
Reckon Moraes is a good chance to slide into the 40’s or lower

Probably the most disappointing prospect this year, all things considered

Sandringham Dragons vs Western Jets...numbers a bit misleading in this game given the Jets are really poor this year and the Dragons are really good. Ashcroft, Trainor and Hoffman all good but probably not of interest to us unless we force a bid for Ashcroft :)

Nat Sulzberger - 29D's - -17K's -12 Hb's - 4M's - 5T's - 6i50's - 3.0
Murphy Reid - 32D's - 13K's - 19Hb's - 2Mk's - 3T's - 3i50's - 3.0

Sandringham Dragons vs Western Jets...numbers a bit misleading in this game given the Jets are really poor this year and the Dragons are really good. Ashcroft, Trainor and Hoffman all good but probably not of interest to us unless we force a bid for Ashcroft :)

Do you think Sulzberger will get drafted ?

Sulzberger is interesting, remember he was featured as one to watch by Twomey at the start of the year but barely noticed him in the champs

Athletic base look good to your eye?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would really like Dodson but he won’t impact us next year or even in 2 years. I hope we pick up 3 plus Welsh this year. We need midfielders and a running half back lot do a Smith type roll. We need speed and class to make us better, the list management are idiots. How did we end up with 2 ruckman ?? We need to trade in one or wait till next years mid season draft.
I’d like Draper because of his pace and aggression, Lalors highlights look good but is he the same pace as all the other players we have. We so need an injection of pace everywhere to make us a better team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shit conditions in Hobart, waterlogged ground and misty rain and close to sleet the 1st half, now pissing down and gale force wind and thunder.

Rebels led at half time 2.8 to 2.3

Lalor played full forward in the waterlogged goalsquare all of the 2nd quarter and had quite a few almost monents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Back