Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Which realistically available player SHOULD we pick at #4?

• Sid Draper

• Jagga Smith

• Harvey Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

joy-jerkins-pick-4-gif.2152062

Way, way, way before Cook would I let Schoenberg go. He's done.
Cook still has one more chance to make himself in a hard working half forward who kicks goals.
Both will be gone in 12 months unless they improve quickly. Can't see either of them getting many games next year tbh with our 3 inclusions and pick 4 coming into the starting 22.

Cook has plenty of talent but just doesn't impact games. He needs to find a way to get more involved, having all that skill doesn't mean much if you don't get the ball.

Both will be gone in 12 months unless they improve quickly. Can't see either of them getting many games next year tbh with our 3 inclusions and pick 4 coming into the starting 22.

Cook has plenty of talent but just doesn't impact games. He needs to find a way to get more involved, having all that skill doesn't mean much if you don't get the ball.
Cook’s under contract until 2026

Get Brad Crouch vibes
Honestly he's nothing like Brad Crouch stylistically, you probably couldn't have a more different player if you tried.

Brad Crouch before all his injuries was more Dangerfield than most players compared to Patty, unfortunately his groins issues saw Brad lose his exceptional accelaration and pace so he became a more inside bull.

To be honest if Lalor and O'Sullivan are gone I'll be sad if Carlton pick Draper.
You and me both.

At that point personally I'd be looking at Bo Allan and trading down and getting a decent pick in for 2025 if possible.

We need a mid with exceptional burst speed that can get separation as Nathan Bassett is saying...currently the only mid we have with that is part-timer Izak Rankine, perhaps Edwards who I've seen a bit of that in the SANFL...Jagga Smith IMO is just a fair bit better version of Zac Taylor with better agility.

I'd be ecstatic if we got Jagga Smith. He feels like a guaranteed 200 gamer, better than many of his peers by foot and just has great footy positioning.

I don't think it's bad to draft the player who has consistently been amongst the absolute best.
We will have the choice of 2 VERY nice footballers. Hard not to be excited of whichever we get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest if Lalor and O'Sullivan are gone I'll be sad if Carlton pick Draper.

I’ve got it on pretty good authority that West Coast were going to pick either FOS or Draper.

Carlton taking their selection might be a blessing for Adelaide.

I'd be ecstatic if we got Jagga Smith. He feels like a guaranteed 200 gamer, better than many of his peers by foot and just has great footy positioning.

I don't think it's bad to draft the player who has consistently been amongst the absolute best.
Guaranteed 200 gamer yes but only 50 to 80 of them would be with us, if he's any good, big Vic clubs will come calling.

To do that Reid has to delist someone and then make a palatable pick trade.

Can't see it

Yes he would indeed have to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat to pull it off...

Dodson would effectively solve our long term Ruck dilemma. IMO I would almost go as far of trading out next years first to get it done.

Yes he would indeed have to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat to pull it off...

Dodson would effectively solve our long term Ruck dilemma. IMO I would almost go as far of trading out next years first to get it done.
Not against that TBH, it's the first bit that would be the hardest.

We seem totally against delisting a contracted player

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Back