Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Which realistically available player SHOULD we pick at #4?

• Sid Draper

• Jagga Smith

• Harvey Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You and me both.

At that point personally I'd be looking at Bo Allan and trading down and getting a decent pick in for 2025 if possible.

We need a mid with exceptional burst speed that can get separation as Nathan Bassett is saying...currently the only mid we have with that is part-timer Izak Rankine, perhaps Edwards who I've seen a bit of that in the SANFL...Jagga Smith IMO is just a fair bit better version of Zac Taylor with better agility.
I understand your point, and I’d like a burst player for balance too. But you can get the same outcome (the ball out in space with a player who do something attacking with it) without a full-on burst midfielder.

Eg Brisbane this year, and Collingwood last year. Their midfields were built on players with vision and agility and top end hand passing and gut running, they didn’t have a Dusty or Dangerfield type in their main midfield mix (Degoey and Rayner were more part time mids, like we expect Rankine to be).

If Reid/Hamish somehow manage to get Draper and Dodson in this draft they almost deserve statues outside of Adelaide Oval. Would be enormous.
If Hamish manages to get a top 5 pick (not vic metro) in this draft and the better of Dodson and Goad in a couple of year's time, start chiselling the rocks.

10 of the first 11 ranked players in Cal Twomeys October rankings are Victorian players.

10 of the first 11 picks are held by Victorian clubs.

JHF may well have put fear into anyone considering an SA lad early in the draft.

I have a feeling there may be a live trade involving our pick 4 for Richmond's 6 and 18, or Stkildas 7 and future pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Back