Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Which realistically available player SHOULD we pick at #4?

• Sid Draper

• Jagga Smith

• Harvey Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Over the next few days we're going back to the start of the season to fill in a few performances that were missed. Here we see Harvey Langford, still sporting the long hair, playing more forward than mid and taking a number of impressive contested marks. If his lack of pace does impact his ability to play through the middle at AFL level he can always fall back on his ability to impact the game as a medium forward.

Yeah you don’t want to be falling back to a medium forward with pick 4…esp when our other pick is a…medium forward.

Must be elite mid without question

Honest question, is anyone touting Smith as pick one? They were at the start of the year but recently I haven’t seen him being talked about as a pick one chance but perhaps may have missed it
Not anymore. Seems to be sliding as the high impact per possession players are in vogue. If you guys have a chance to select him at 4 it’s a steal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've listened to the advice of others and will be satisfied with what we get given out of Lalor, Draper, Smith or O'Sullivan. It's like losing the toss on a wicket you're not sure whether you should bat or bowl.

The real challenge will be compiling a list of players in this draft who would be worth our Future 1st?

Probably prefer the SA lad but agree hes a good consolation prize

Your knowledgeable “C4..Yo door“ dude thought Blues were taking Smith
I’d say Smith would be the least likely from the top 4 mids.

We moved up for speed and point of difference. We have accumulators.

Lalor, Draper and FOS definitely the targets. I wouldn’t be mad with Smith though. Future captain.

How much money do you think Burgess is on? Do you think our list is at maximum cap this year?

It would be irresponsible with the makeup of our list as it currently stands to not be spending 100% of the cap.

In all likelihood with a number of younger players on either their first or second contracts, we should be front loading contracts of the more established guys so as to free up cap space down the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Back