Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

Top 30 and maybe l more look great and I can’t remember a group so positionally diverse. I am hoping we are trying to get another pick inside first round. My thoughts on players I rate from watching the champs that I’d love to get 2 of:
KPF like Shanahan Faull Sims later picks rohr gerryn
KPD OFarrell Trainor
Will Day v2 travaglia
Luke McPharlin v2 Hamish Davis
Mid class FOS Jagga Smith (unlikely) Murphy reid

List spots will be tight this year, so we will not have a lot of picks. We have a solid defense, small forwards and depth in the midfield. One need is a replacement for Gunston.

This is an early call, but at this stage I would be happy with Jobe Shanahan with our first, Ned Maginess with a late / rookie pick, and one spot for a preseason training addition or next year's MSD.

I want us to keep our pick and pick from a large pool of quality Key position players that will round us out. No Smith who's going to cost us that pick, develop a tall for the future either forward or back. There's a few likely types that we would be picking from at 7 or 8. We need another big guy to suit our next premiership tilt and timeframe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate coaches South Adelaide and Sid Draper played on the weekend SANFL. Played really well, my mate said he is better than JHF at the same age, as he coached him at south too. He reckons Sid will captain an AFL team one day, no go home or dickhead factor like JHF. He probably won’t get past the crows pick, but if he does and we could get him, would be huge.

My mate coaches South Adelaide and Sid Draper played on the weekend SANFL. Played really well, my mate said he is better than JHF at the same age, as he coached him at south too. He reckons Sid will captain an AFL team one day, no go home or dickhead factor like JHF. He probably won’t get past the crows pick, but if he does and we could get him, would be huge.
Didn’t realise I had an arch nemesis but there you go. No way Draper gets past the Crows, if we keep pick 3 he may not even get to them.

Yep, I was down at a South Adelaide game a few weeks ago, spoke to the former coach of the SANFLW South Adelaide team who knows him and said he's tracking just as good as JHF, but is an absolute ripper kid in terms of personality. My guess is that he's taken in the first 4, particularly if he keeps lighting up the SANFL seniors towards the end of the year.

Yep. Rate Draper highly. Looked good at state level in the last two years.

yeah from the limited vision I have seen I would lover either Labor or Murphy Reid. His skills are elite. I reckon a decent KPF prospect will be there at our second rounder. Hopefully pies fall in a heap these last few weeks!

Apparently Smillie is a quality individual, and is the kind of great character that you'd want around your club.

His Mother was the flower girl at my Parents wedding. Can't claim I know Josh besides seeing him run around as a child but I know his parents and they are rippers so no surprise.

List spots will be tight this year, so we will not have a lot of picks. We have a solid defense, small forwards and depth in the midfield. One need is a replacement for Gunston.

This is an early call, but at this stage I would be happy with Jobe Shanahan with our first, Ned Maginess with a late / rookie pick, and one spot for a preseason training addition or next year's MSD.
Jonty Faull would be fantastic if he’s still around when we’re picking

Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back