Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

Give me Reid, because surely he'd be the first Murphy (first name) ever drafted and that's the type of stuff I enjoy.

If Grian Miers was called 'Paul' he'd be playing bush footy somewhere. That unique first name aura holds weight!

Another dominant midfield forward that is a freak athlete would be ideal, leek aleer style backman second.

The growth of hustwaite may be enough here and return of Blanck may solve this but I wouldn’t be waiting now, key pieces required for the core team to grow together

THE 2024 Marsh AFL Under-18 Boys National Championships will conclude on Sunday with when Vic Metro and Vic Country face off under the roof at Marvel Stadium from 10.35am AEST.

A host of first-round prospects for the 2024 Telstra Draft will be on show as the two strongest teams in this year's carnival do battle.

All matches in the 2024 Marsh AFL Under-18 Boys National Championships can be streamed LIVE on AFL.com.au and AFL Live Official App.

Looks like it is also scheduled in Foxtel too :)

1720912431925.png

Watching Country vs Metro. Gee, the top 20 feels so open.

Smillie, Ashcroft, FOS down to Travaglia, Moraes, Reid. Not a heap in it, is there? Not as much as usual.

Let alone the raw talls making a run at it. Would love to have a shot at a guy like Sims in the second round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely GCS's pick is up for grabs.

Don't think our future first is attractive enough to get one of their top 10 picks this year.

It will be good enough to get the Lions first as that will be traded with Ashcroft coming in.

But with the academy players taken before it will likely fall around pick 18 so would we trade our future first for pick 18?

Last edited:
I am firmly in the Don’t trade for B.Smith camp. Go hard for Perryman and Battle and MUST keep our pick. This draft looks very good. As of now I want one of J Whitlock/Travaglia/Langford/Armstrong at our first pick. Leaning Harry Armstrong

Armstrong’s left peg is Cameron-like. Very accurate and reliable. Super impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am firmly in the Don’t trade for B.Smith camp. Go hard for Perryman and Battle and MUST keep our pick. This draft looks very good. As of now I want one of J Whitlock/Travaglia/Langford/Armstrong at our first pick. Leaning Harry Armstrong
I am currently sold on Armstrong with our pick.
Solid goal kicker.

Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back