2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Hall Came runners up to soligo at Eastern Ranges
Just needs opportunity
Could be as good as Soligo if given chance
Clean hands
Always hits a target
Runs all day

Thanks for the info, insights like that add clarity to our decisions. I was hoping we would take Soligo in his draft year so if Hall is as good we will be wrapt. Its obvious classy midfielders are a desparate need at the Saints, so he would be a strong choice.

Thanks for the info, insights like that add clarity to our decisions. I was hoping we would take Soligo in his draft year so if Hall is as good we will be wrapt. Its obvious classy midfielders are a desparate need at the Saints, so he would be a strong choice.
Sonsie from Richmond got 3rd in B&F for Eastern Ranges that same year and he plays senior games as well so would be good if Max Hall got opportunity then The top 3 all got AFL games

Sonsie from Richmond got 3rd in B&F for Eastern Ranges that same year and he plays senior games as well so would be good if Max Hall got opportunity then The top 3 all got AFL games

Sonsie is not a good comparison Ill stick with Soligo likeness.

sid Draper would be firmly in our sights as that midfielder we are crying out for. Along with Finn O’Sullivan these two would probably be our top Wishlist. Smith and moraraes as those other midfielders have been quite poor by foot to date and look a little below them. Smillie would also be up there but looks like he’ll be going very high. Never know with the way we are currently going

sid Draper would be firmly in our sights as that midfielder we are crying out for. Along with Finn O’Sullivan these two would probably be our top Wishlist. Smith and moraraes as those other midfielders have been quite poor by foot to date and look a little below them. Smillie would also be up there but looks like he’ll be going very high. Never know with the way we are currently going
Been fairly underwhelming by all reports lately. Only had 19 touches in the champs on the weekend

Draper isgoing off the boil. His older brother got delisted from Collingwood too which might have tarnished him in my books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope this Darryl Pimple bloke knows what he’s doing

Our new guy’s tips:

1. Pick the best talent with your early selections
2. Need a good midfield to be successful
3. Look for clean hands

Think he knows what we need alright.. Sydney are overloaded with mids, they have Matt Robert’s an inside mid playing as a HBF and killing it, we draft HBFs hoping them turn into genuine mids :) Night and day!!!

Also of the opinion we need to make the required hard decision(s) to get another top 10 pick. I don't think anyone should be off limits trade wise tbh. Hit this draft as hard as possible, then spend the war chest.

I think two inside top 10 is pretty wishful thinking - only way I could see it happening is we end with pick 2 and try and trade for something like 7 and 9. Don't see that we have any trade of a player that we would want to make that would get us a top 10 pick. I think the one player that we may have been able to make that happen with, Phillipou, his stocks have gone down a bit.

Otherwise I think the logic is right. Have to start thinking around the core now - King, NWM, Wilson, Sinclair, Wilkie, Windhager, Phillipou(?),Henry, Marshall, Dow, a couple of kids - for better or worse, that is what we build around.

Let Battle go via FA if it means another pick inside 5

This year presents us with a golden opportunity to finally fix our midfield woes so it’ll be amazing when we pick a half back flanker who might transition to the midfield and some sort of winger

This is typical St Kilda fan magical thinking. Surely we have learnt from the chat in the last 15 years draft threads that our B grade players are not worth top 5 picks. What was it last year? Billings gets us high second rounder (early on some were talking first round on the basis he was a pick 3).

Not going to happen. I doubt Battle would attract top 20 pick. He is a 20 - 35 pick all day long.

This is typical St Kilda fan magical thinking. Surely we have learnt from the chat in the last 15 years draft threads that our B grade players are not worth top 5 picks. What was it last year? Billings gets us high second rounder (early on some were talking first round on the basis he was a pick 3).

Not going to happen. I doubt Battle would attract top 20 pick. He is a 20 - 35 pick all day long.

If James Frawley and McKay net first round compo then i don’t see why Battle wouldn’t fall in the same boat particularly with the new CBA

Gresham would be matched if we didn't get a pick straight after our first pick too.

I don't keep up with draftees, unless you count watching a handful of video's in the days leading up to it as research. So I've not seen Jagga Smith play but have seen a few pictures.

He looks like a marathon runner! He's very skinny for a footballer. Not sure how that will fly at the top level. Would make me pretty nervous. The kid might literally shatter upon contact!

For the U18 watchers, creepy, anyway... for those people, how are our academy boys going?

Are Hofmann & Cole looking likely? I've not heard a lot about them this year. So I'm hoping they are going under the radar or pulling a Windy (jokes) - or are they just not quite good enough?

For the U18 watchers, creepy, anyway... for those people, how are our academy boys going?

Are Hofmann & Cole looking likely? I've not heard a lot about them this year. So I'm hoping they are going under the radar or pulling a Windy (jokes) - or are they just not quite good enough?
I thought about this recently. It seems like Cole is the only one playing at Sandy Dragons consistently. Hofmann and Linder have seemingly played a couple of games here and there - no idea if they are injured, or if it's just form.

I thought about this recently. It seems like Cole is the only one playing at Sandy Dragons consistently. Hofmann and Linder have seemingly played a couple of games here and there - no idea if they are injured, or if it's just form.
They play school footy. Both actually playing really well

Haven’t seen Cole play but his stats aren’t spectacular. Having said that I presume he’s playing in defence and may be doing a good job.

Get the feeling he’ll be available to us if we decide we want him.

rlTq7sQ.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back