2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leake 25 touches and 11 tackles in the 2s this week

To be fair Leake looked really good last year too. I would have been happy to take him but Wilson looking like one of the best kids we've had in years. If we can get something out of the second round pick we will have done really well.

With the top echelon in the draft expanding, it’s seeming increasingly unlikely we can miss on 2 guns with our first 2 picks. Seems there’ll be 4 or 5 guys any of who we’d be very happy to get.

Fingers crossed. It's very easy to stuff up a couple of picks inside the top 10. You only need to take Dylan Stephens or Fisher McAsey and you **** the whole thing up.

Dalrymple needs to be 100% focussed and detailed this year. We can't afford any more mistakes.

how about 4 for 5 and 31
If Draper is about we should take Draper.

If available and we had 4 and 5, I would ring Adelaide and say we are taking him, let them propose a deal, say no, take the player we had at pick 5 at pick 4, ring them again and say, last chance and see if they will up their deal.
If not we take Draper at 5.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fingers crossed. It's very easy to stuff up a couple of picks inside the top 10. You only need to take Dylan Stephens or Fisher McAsey and you **** the whole thing up.

Dalrymple needs to be 100% focussed and detailed this year. We can't afford any more mistakes.
Fair point. But these days it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Curious were those 2 consensus top picks when taken? Or were they left field suggestions?

Fair point. But these days it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Curious were those 2 consensus top picks when taken? Or were they left field suggestions?

You know that for as long as i've been on big footy, people have been saying, "yeah but they are better now , they don't stuff up early draft picks any more , science and shit ". They were saying it before Melbourne drafted Jack Watts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney were tied to Flanders before the draft and picked Stephens instead, really just swapped places with GC. Sydney took Will Gould and Elijah Taylor in that draft too. Pretty shitty draft for such a good run of picks.

Stephens was popular because he was meant to be good on a wing but also a classy inside outside mid. That draft had a really strong front end but shit depth. 2 players out of the top 10 were total busts in McAsey and Stephens.

Rowell, Anderson, Serong are stars. Luke Jackson just a bit off that.
Ash, Tom Green and Hayden Young are very good players.
Liam Henry is good with scope to get even better.
Flanders at 11 is getting close to that star quality this year.

To be fair Leake looked really good last year too. I would have been happy to take him but Wilson looking like one of the best kids we've had in years. If we can get something out of the second round pick we will have done really well.
We're in a good position to because GWS sent us Adelaide's pick instead of their own. Very generous of them, means we're picking near the start of the second round than the end.

Jagga likely gone before our pick

Zone in on Langford & Lalor

If O'Sullivan gets through then consider but only if he starts to show something in the Coates League backend

Trainor thereabouts as a gun defender

Might still be some handy mid depth available in 2nd round
Trainor will end up a forward like rooey. Recruiters are already asking his team to play him forward to see. Played forward in the aps grand final and kicked the winning goal

Trainor will end up a forward like rooey. Recruiters are already asking his team to play him forward to see. Played forward in the aps grand final and kicked the winning goal

Doug Wade was his GF. Pretty sure he won a few Colemans. Pretty handy genes.

Watching Williamstown v Richmond.

Jagga Smith is top possession winner in driving rain.
Bit of a beast

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you are watching this years No 1 pick, which is a shame we wont get to pick him up. Having said that there will be plenty of talent available at our pick/s.

It's looking more and more likely that one of FOS or Smilie will be available at pick 4. Indeed, every chance that both will be. If North can sneak up to 16th, I could see a world in which the top 5 goes:

Rich: Smith
WC: Draper
North: Trainor

If we can end up with 4 and 5, there's going to be some elite talent there.

Equally, seems like the perfect year to pick a project tall in the early second round. Surely one of Faull, Gerreyn, or Whitlock will be available and all would look great in the sandy forward line. I'd love to see us target a pick around 15-25 and hope for a slider like Hotton

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back