Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think we need stars not depth players.

Add a star mid (eg Daicos, Bont)to our midfield and watch Newk and Day brain them as 2 and 3.

Add Weitering or Taylor to our backline and watch Sis and Scrimmers absolutly dominate good teams.

Easy to say hard to get.

I agree with this big names stand up in the pressure games, do we have enough big names I guess we will see.

Depends on DGB run home, he had a good game today and I didn’t notice any dumb free kicks given away. I missed the first qtr though.
Serong was best on ground. Save for the last two marks which were great, did he really play well? Looks a vfl level player to me unfortunately and as others have said, obviously very keen for him to make it. Just doesn’t seem to be the player we thought unfortunately.

Don't think Battle or Sis would have made much difference to be honest, they had 50% more inside 50's than us, midfield were monstered

I think Sicily absolutely would have made some difference - with the ball coming in to the degree it did his intercepting would have been handy. Wouldn’t have changed the overall result but might have blunted their momentum and maybe not led to our percentage copping a hammering.

Last edited:
I think we all agree that IF Lewis is able to get a clear and consistent run at it, he's a good chance at being one of the top 5 KPFs in the league.

He's 25 and about to come into his prime.
You need a shitload of luck to win a premiership, and if lucks on our side he'll play a key part in our next premiership tilt.

You just don't willingly trade KPFs with that much potential, in the ideal age bracket prior to a premiership tilt.

I think Sicily absolutely would have made some difference - with the ball coming in to the degree it did his intercepting would have been handy. Wouldn’t have changed the overall result but might have blunted their momentum and maybe not led to our percentage copping a hammering.
We definitely missed him but the way the ball was coming into our d50, not sure it would have changed much. It probably should have been more a 70+ loss had they taken their opportunities.

Geelong came ready and knew how to negate our mids, that’s where the game was lost unfortunately.

We definitely missed him but the way the ball was coming into our d50, not sure it would have changed much. It probably should have been more a 70+ loss had they taken their opportunities.

Geelong came ready and knew how to negate our mids, that’s where the game was lost unfortunately.

Can’t argue with any of that - just feel if Sicily and Battle were both out there for us it would have stemmed some of the bleeding. Losing last night was frustrating - the battering our percentage copped was infuriating.

Can’t argue with any of that - just feel if Sicily and Battle were both out there for us it would have stemmed some of the bleeding. Losing last night was frustrating - the battering our percentage copped was infuriating.
No doubt. Scrim and Weddle were over awed by Cameron. And fair enough.

Out of the players available and were linked with, battle should be our number one priority. If Sicily misses some games, then at least we still have battle to take his spot seamlessly. With both in our backline, our half backline would be impenetrable.

I agree you don’t trade Lewis because his value is probably too low but top 5 forward in the league? Even if we change that to top 5 key forward only it’s still a massive reach. He hasn’t shown he deserves to be alongside the names of Curnow and Cameron etc
2022 - 6th in the league for average goals
2023- 8th in the league for average goals.

Not bad for a 23 year KPF who was dealing with limited preseasons and injuries. Truly astonishing people can't see the player Lewis is.

Not bad for a 23 year KPF who was dealing with limited preseasons and injuries. Truly astonishing people can't see the player Lewis is.
Would help if he could stay on the park.

We all know how good he can be when he’s fit.

The kind of player we should be trying to trade in… is a Mitch Lewis-type.

Proven goal kicker, leadership qualities, yet to reach the peak of his powers, #1 KF allowing Chol to play Fwd/Ruck, and Dear to develop. Could win a game off his own boot.

He’s the kind of trade target where you would try and pick up the injury affected guy at his low end, and try to get him right and reap the benefits.

Let’s just keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proven goal kicker, leadership qualities, yet to reach the peak of his powers, #1 KF allowing Chol to play Fwd/Ruck, and Dear to develop. Could win a game off his own boot.

He’s the kind of trade target where you would try and pick up the injury affected guy at his low end, and try to get him right and reap the benefits.

Let’s just keep him.
Nailed it. End of story.

Let’s just keep him.
Max King?

26 years old and never kicked more than 37 goals in a year, isn’t as well rounded as other forwards and even with that one cherry picked stat just looking at average goals he still isn’t top 5. It is not a knock on him as a player to suggest calling him top 5 in the league at his best ridiculous, he hasn’t proven that at all.

26 years old and never kicked more than 37 goals in a year, isn’t as well rounded as other forwards and even with that one cherry picked stat just looking at average goals he still isn’t top 5. It is not a knock on him as a player to suggest calling him top 5 in the league at his best ridiculous, he hasn’t proven that at all.
Yea a cherry picked stat. :thumbsu:

Here's Lewis last year vs an AA KPF.

1720354164110.png

Yea a cherry picked stat. :thumbsu:

Here's Lewis last year vs an AA KPF.

View attachment 2042003
He kicked 0.6 goals more per game and did it while playing a whole season, he literally kicked 34 more goals for the year than Lewis ever has. what point are you trying to make with this?

Lewis is a really good player when fit, he isn’t top 5 in the league. Anyone claiming otherwise is just being one eyed.

He kicked 0.6 goals more per game and did it while playing a whole season, he literally kicked 34 more goals for the year than Lewis ever has. what point are you trying to make with this?

Lewis is a really good player when fit, he isn’t top 5 in the league. Anyone claiming otherwise is just being one eyed.

Definitely isn’t top 5 in the league based on his output so far. Based on his potential if he had a clear run at it with fitness I think he would be though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back