Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree and MacDonald it was more towards who we drafted last year then traded for.

But I feel Ginni and MacDonald will end up being midfielders.
How? We have so much mid depth it's not funny. Who do they push out? They may run through there at times, but they won't be midfielders.

How? We have so much mid depth it's not funny. Who do they push out? They may run through there at times, but they won't be midfielders.

You can never have enough midfielders, MacDonald definitely will I feel his also already pushing up the field how many times do you see him marking a ball in the back line, I think he could be a very good one also.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Posting “mods” in a thread doesn’t mean we will see it. We don’t read every thread(Eldo hates this thread, for example 😂).

This is much better, I can at least see that I’ve been tagged in here for whatever reason, but the best thing to do is to “report” the post so that all of the Mods get an alert and see there is something to sort out. ✅
Doesn’t know how to tag mods or say please. I’d be telling him to kick rocks, personally.

Last edited:
interesting to see that because Battle has not yet signed, he must be leaving St Kilda.
so, how about Connor Nash?

Has Nash quite publicly stated he’s putting off contract talks?

From memory the only free agent in recent years to have a lot of media buzz about them putting off contract talks to then re-sign late in the season was Dusty. So it’s not so silly that people are reading it as a sign of him on the way out.

Has Nash quite publicly stated he’s putting off contract talks?

From memory the only free agent in recent years to have a lot of media buzz about them putting off contract talks to then re-sign late in the season was Dusty. So it’s not so silly that people are reading it as a sign of him on the way out.
I think dusty and Coniglio are the only 2 to make it to the end of the season without signing and then stay. I've stated this a bit but I don't think anything has changed at all since Ross Lyon basically announced that he was going to Hawthorn in March. Everything else is just attempts at media deflection to avoid saying that he's leaving while still playing.

Back then saints were certain he'd sign on that week then he didn't they knew we wanted him, and months later still hasn't signed on.

No inside info at all but it just seems like it's obviously a done deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s an unrestricted free agent so we don’t need to add the extra 15% anyway that clubs typically pay to avoid being matched.
They kept saying last night that St Kilda should 'let him go' if the silly hawks are willing to over pay.

St Kilda have no say in it.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Getting Battle would be fine but once again compensation will kill us. Pushes our first back and there's no way he's worth Pick 5.
Doesn't matter what compensation Battle gives we're not paying it, he will make us a better team and thats all that matters.

Doesn't matter what compensation Battle gives we're not paying it, he will make us a better team and thats all that matters.
I know we're not losing it but it still matters. It impacts every other team's draft position, compensation is bullshit. Not even the NBA do it and losing a player means so much more when you're down 1/5th of your starting line up as opposed to 1/18th.

I just hope that whatever we pay him is worth EOFR compo and not band one.

This is one draft where I don't mind if our pick gets pushed back a place, it's that even.
Exactly. Doesn't matter if we get pick 7 or 10 the level in that range is all very similar and we'll still have the option of drafting best or for need.
There are a few good looking KPF's available at that range and later. If you go by the rookieme current rankings the top ten are all mids except for one key defender in Luke Trainor. Either Shanahan or the two Whitlocks are all rated just outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back